Dr. David Kolessar Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Wilkes Barre, PA

3.3

June 5th, 2016
Bill S
Dr k knew exactly what was wrong with my knee after an exam and my explanation of the pain. he sketched the tear in my minicus(sic) and I scheduled surgery. the pics showed wxactly what he sketched. he told me what to expect and he was right on the money. He and his team are A+ in my book.

July 11th, 2015
Dr. Kolessar preformed a hip revision surgery on me to correct a previous hip replacement done by a different surgeon in a different city. After the initial surgery I had constant pain in the hip and walked with a substantial limp. The original surgeon said I would have to accept that I would continue to have pain and walk with the substantial limp. However, after a visit to see Dr. Kolessar for a second opinion he diagnosed what was wrong and what needed corrected. two months later the surgery took place and I am totally free from the pain I had been having and my walking has returned to normal. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Kolessar, his diagnosis for correction was right on, he took time with me and explained what was needed, and he is very compassionate and knowledgeable. He gave me a big part of my life back . I very highly recommend Dr. Kolessar.

May 10th, 2015
pain for years
I had suffered for years with pain in my knees when I saw the doc,so much so that I walked with a total limp. He treated me with kindness and great respect I now walk normal with no pain.

January 13th, 2015
The Dr and his Pa were awesome. I see some bad reviews and can't help but wonder why. He was very personable, great bedside manner, and explained things in detail. He is not a Dr who is looking to operate on just anything as stated in one of the reviews. I did not need surgery, and very happy to find out I can improve my condition with exercise. He even sent someone in to show me what to do at home. I will be going back for another issue and I feel very confident that this Dr will do what he can to make my pain more tolerable. Don't listen to the bad reviews, I think some people did not get their way and lashed out, but whatever, go see for yourself. I would recommend him to my friends / family without hesitation, and I'm a former nurse so im picky.

February 8th, 2014
Mr & Mrs hip replacements
In the last ten or more years my we have had multiple surgeries done by Dr. Kolessar. The first was rotator cuff. Some years later came the first hip replacement, then the other hip was replaced. A few years back my left hip was replaced and I was on my feet again in two weeks time. No problems at all. I now have pain in the right hip and will be dealing with the probability of replacing that one. In all this time Dr. Kolessar has been there for us, and we would be devastated if he were not available to get us through our arthritis-related problems.

April 21st, 2013
Worst doctor I felt like a got more of a pychiatric eval instead of an orthopedic eval. he said because i have depression that is why i am so much pain post tkr. he was arrogant and i felt like he was doing me a favor! would never go back!!
Doctor's Response

There are many factors that can contribute to successful or unsuccessful outcomes following total knee replacement. A significant number of these factors are beyond the surgeons control. For example pre-operative narcotic use, smoking, diabetes, obesity, depression, anxiety and poor pre-operative muscle condition negatively effect knee surgery success. These are 'patient related' risk factors for poor outcome and lead to some unsatisfactory results.

March 8th, 2013
M.D. doesn't mean medical deity
Looking for someone to scare you into having invasive surgery when it may not be necessary, go to this doctor. Looking for arrogance, you'll find it here. Want dismissive answers to your questions, come see this doctor. This doctor recommended a $30,000.00 procedure which ended up being treated for less than $2000 with the same outcome and no unecessary hardware installed in my body. Beware this slice and dice operator.

August 29th, 2012
Terrible experience
Worst doctor I have ever encountered. No sense of obligation or responsibilities towards his patients. Lacks any patient rapport, and most importantly ...

October 31st, 2010
my worse MD visit ever
I found Dr. Kolessar to be unworthy of the title Doctor. He was disrespectful and demeaning, not to mention completelyunhelpful.
Doctor's Response

When a patient has a problem that can not be fixed, they will displace their anger. In some instances medical advice, not surgical intervention is best. This would understandable frustrate any patient. Unfortunate the unsatisfied patient 'takes in out' on the provider.