Pain Management Specialist

3.0

• Currently 3.1935483870968 of 4 stars
 |  Appreciation  |  show details
by Julie McClure on Jul 9th, 2014

I no longer go to Dr. Kolinsky due to no medical coverage, however when i did i really appreciated how patient he was. Dr. Kolinsky was very understanding of my phobia of needles. I want to thank him for the great work he does and i hope i have the.opprotunitu to be a.future client again.

Nov 27th, 2013

He is the most rude arrogant doctor that I have had to deal with which is probably hundreds in my lifetime but he sure loves giving out the medicine

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
by Patient on Sep 19th, 2013

Dr David kolinsky has changed my life for the better. 4 years ago I could barely move . Even though I'm still in pain and probably always be But to have it where it is at today is beyond amazing . He listens , he cares . Pain doctors are not just about dispensing meds. Goes far and beyond that. Forever greatful blessinsgs

|  Dr K is a great Dr  |  show details
by bald tatoo man on May 23rd, 2013

I have been two the industry's best and they really screwed up. I mean the best at Stanford. They all had their heads stuck so far up where the sun does not shine. They fed me a bunch of bs and cutt on me. I mean UN necessary surgery. It was based on money. These are the guys that are supposed to BE the best like pain manage ment teacher at Stanford and the chief of Neuro surgery. After 27 surgery and many medical records to prove what they did , I sought out help. DR K HAS MADE MORE PROGRESS WI MY CONDITION THEN THE 17 previous doctors I have been too. When I get a injections it bulbs my pain. I use to go to Er 6 to 7 times a month. Since being Dr K I have not been once. You idiots who.wrote negative reviews tell me this how often does your doc actually care enough to call you back promptly when there is a emergencies. I have been to many they don't do not and Dr K does and will.get you in asap, so all you idiots talking negatively I have one thing to say SHUT UP. Dr K is a caring and a GREAT Dr who actually cares about his patients.

|  NOT Greedy & Unstable!  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

OMGosh rofl! I am a Medi-Cal patient of Dr Kolinski. I'm sure others are on low or Disability income as well. I assure you - he is not in this business to rake in the big bucks. Rather, he is a kind and focused Doctor who works hard trying to do right by his patients, and God!

|  This "Doctor" is a greedy mentally unstable drug pusher  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

I knew from the very beginning something was off with this so-called Doctor. His pin point injections did nothing his main goal was to get you hooked on powerful narcotics to keep you coming back. He would write prescriptions for hundreds of pills with little or no exam or over sight. In short he is a dangerous quack who has destroyed lives with his greed and pill pushing! I hope someone in authority stops him from doing any more damage. My advice is to stay away from this doctor, he is dangerous to your health.

|  AWESOME. the BEST  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

I truly cannot believe the bad reviews on this site. Really?! Dr. Kolinski is a gentle soul who helped me when no one else could. He gave me stretches, was not a "pill pusher" as some have said. I am not sure where those bad reviews are coming from, but don't listen to them. There's a reason it's tough to get an appointment --this guy is fantastic. I thought I'd be limited physically for the rest of my life - other drs. told me so - but Dr. Kolinsky, with patience & expertise, brought me back to full strength. the best, simply the best.

|  See's Pain in a different way...  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

I am one of these people, who thought when they were young, they were Superman. I played serious sports, all the way through collage and yes, I did graduate. I have had over 7 surgeries in the last 10 years, to try and "fix" the first 20 years of punishment to my body. I have been diagnosed (3 MRI's and neurosurgeon confirmed) with some serious issues that cause me quit a bit of pain. I spent quit a few years trying to find a doctor who could help me. Some sure tried, but all seem to fall short and could not "truly" help. Then I was recommend and referred to Dr. Kolinsky. I can only say one word for me...miracle. He had a very different way of explaining the "reasons" for what was causing me all my pain. But most of all, not just "words", he truly had a different way of dealing with my pain, that has changed my life. I now have time with my children, work is easier...my issues are still with me, but the pain is reduced, so I can live my life.So to anyone...who has "long-term pain" issues, I feel for you and hope you have a Dr. Kolinsky in your life! As he has given me back my life, just ask my wife and children.Thanks Dr. Kolinsky.

Jun 19th, 2012

Ive been seeing Dr. Kolinsky for a while now . And through out this time I feel my pain level had dropped a lot. Due to his time taken with me. Pin pointing where my pain is. I thank him . And for those who say hes a drug pusher . Maybe you need to look at yourself. If you are prescribed medication take it as it prescribed. If pain isnt as bad as other times , dont take. it. To each their own. But I thank him deeply for helping me out. Pacific Grove.

|  Replying to some Comments...  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

I'm Sheri, The one who wrote "Rare Expertise..." Today I've taken some time to read some of the older comments. The Dancer & Single Mom story touched my heart! I agree with all of the positive comments for Dr. Kolinski, and I think it's wonderful that his patients have posted their thoughts here. There is one negative comment that I can empathize with: "Surreal Experience" But if that patient had given the Good Doctor an other chance he/she would have a different opinion today! I can empathize with that situation because I recently had a back injection go wrong, and it frightened me terribly at the time. It was a shot deep into the middle right side of my back, and when I got up to walk I couldn't lift my leg! It felt like a pinched nerve that ran from inside my hip, and the way down the front inside of my right thigh. Well, FIRST OFF: I remember Dr. K. telling me, way before he started giving me shots, that they usually help tremendously (they usually DO!). He also told me that on rare occasion a shot may cause increased TEMPORARY pain. When this problem happened to me he offered to give me a second shot to fix the problem immediately, but I was too scared, so I went home and rested. Within 3 hrs. the leg pain was completely gone and I called him (as he asked me to) to let him know how I was doing. The next time I saw him to get a shot in the same place he had me lay in a different position, and the shot went in at a different angle. This time the shot helped me so much that it feels like that specific muscle pain is CURED! AMEN!! So, Anyone who is swayed by the "Surreal" comment, I urge you to keep an open mind. I commend Dr. K for keeping the 1st patient close by for observation, but trying to go ahead with the new patient as scheduled. It's unfortunate he was having a complicated day, and the patient was a (self proclaimed) Cynic. Those of us who have been working with him for a good while have learned to accept his unique style. If he took a personal call while seeing a patient, it was probably his wife with an urgent call. BTW - he works hard at having a good marriage too! I'm in my early 50s. I've had chronic and progressive systemic health problems for more than 20 years. I've been on Disability for 6 years. I've seen the Best of Doctors, and also some Horrific Quacks over the years! Dr. Kolinski is NO Quack! And there is no Doctor out there who does exactly what he does. He has cured me of several isolated muscular/skeletal illnesses (well at least to the point that they rarely flare up)like Migraines, and pelvic floor muscle spasm disease. I too am a single mom, diagnosed now with Fibromyalgia. Dr. Kolinski understands this disease very well. Working with him gives me hope!

|  My best Pain Specialist and friend to me!!!! -NRH-  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2011

Thank you for meeting me in 2008, you saved me and showed me that another surgery wasnt necessary. Thats when I met you. To me your a very good, patient, caring, understanding and awesome. Dispite what people say, I give I a 10! You've taking so so much care if me with injection, streches and light meditication while showing that you care what I take and how I take it. Your also a good listener, well mannered and polite. I'm to be seen and.when I do I get seen the time sceduled. I would and have recommended people to see and be treated by.Dr. David Kolinsky, Thank You. N.R.H.

|  Rare Expertise and A Genuinely Good Doctor!  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Kolinski for more than 5 years. I have Chronic Muscle Spasm disorder and Fibromyalgia. When I first saw him I was suffering from Pelvic Floor muscle pain that could not be cured by other Doctors and Physical Therapy. He has a well educated understanding of the Muscular-Skelletal system, and his therapy includes intensive isolated streches, and muscle injections to relax and heal effected muscles over time. His diagnoses are sometimes different than you might expect, but this is why he's a Specialist. Chronic Disease is Chronic! There is no fast cure for the physical health issues he treats. But, if you follow his treatment plan you will notice improvement over time. He does prescribe Narcotic Pain Medication as needed. These are the only medicines that relax my system enough to be able to function daily on an at-home basis. I am presently on Disability. He is very rigid and responsible with controlled substances, just like he is with his overall treatmet plan! About Narcotic Pain Management: We're all adults here! He trusts his patients as honest people who need relief from severe chronic pain. If anyone out there abuses his trut, then that's on THEM, not Dr. Kolinski! He's a genuinely good man who cares deeply for his patients!

Jul 29th, 2011

dr.kolinsky,I have been a patient of his for awhile now he is a caring very easy to talk too he knows exactly were my pain is and how to help get me threw my days easier with less pain.Since i have been a patient my pain has decreased and he is always there if i need him he's prompt to call me back when im in need some negatived things might be said about him but its because you dont know him or your not a patient of his the stretches really help if you follow the the steps given to you you road to recovery will be alot easier but back and shoulder pain takes time to heel and its frustating at times because you cant do all the things you use to be able to do but time and the right doctor you will get better.

|  Over prescribes  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2011

The doctor over prescribes pain meds. He does little evalutation. His main goal seems to write a prescription for powerful narcotics. To get one addicted to keep them coming back for more. In short he is a qauck

|  pill pusher  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

horrible dr. i dont know how he can call himself a dr. he is a pillpusher!!! if your a drug seeker he is your man.

|  couldnt live pain free without these stretches!  |  show details
by Beverly D. on Jun 3rd, 2011

I was told i would have to go to a chiropractor for life or get major back surgery. With Dr.Kolinskys stretches and physical therapy techniques, I have had fewer migraines in the past 3 years and can live a normal life again. Thank you!!!

|  a nightmare.  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2011

try an online pharmacy, you can get the same quality of care. looking for a habit? here's your guy. looking for a pain doctor? Go to a real pain facility with a fully trained staff, not one charlatan with a prescription pad.

|  Grateful and nothing more  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2010

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions. Not all doctor-patient relationships work out well. In my case, I am relieved and thankful there is someone like Dr. Kolinsky to help with pain management. I've been in constant pain for a few years and having been on "medi-cal", was shuffled from clinc to clinic, opinions and treatment plans varying and usually highly intrusive and having severe anxiety, this exacerbated my condition. 80% or more, my own primary care physician would hardly remember me, and trust me, I stick out. Dr. Kolinsky remembers you. He remembers your medical history. He's also a no B.S kind of doctor. He gives it to you straight. Most of all, Dr. Kolinsky has been the least judgemental, most flexible doctor I've ever seen. For the first time in a long time, I feel optimistic about my treamtment plan and that I will oneday reclaim a normal life.

Jul 22nd, 2010

WOWWWWW. I guess I'll start this off by describing my situation. I have been a dancer for 14 years. I had a life altering fall during one of my performaces. The doctors informed me that I had two slipped discs in my lower back. The pain has been excruciating. I became a CNA and the pain continued to worsen. I would cry so hard at the end of a long work day because of the sharp pain traveling from my lower back all the way down to my foot. I have a daughter who is now 4, but required my full attention especially being a single mom. Anyway, Dr. Kolinsky has been sooooooo wonderful to me. As for the first person who commented on this site, Im not sure what situation your dealing with or how much pain your actually in but it doesnt sound like this professional doctor is for you. I have had a total of 6 epidural type injections and each one has left me with no feeling in my entire leg for about 20 minutes. So I suggest that before you SLANDER my doctor I would maybe do a little research.He may not have big flat screen tvs, fancy magazine racks and a personal servant to bring you coffee but you know it works!!!Dr.Kolinsky belives in a different type of medicine that has helped me tremendously! He always calls me back in such a timely matter its unreal. I am a Medical Assistant and have worked for a doctor for 2 years prior to moving to California. Never once in my time working for this doctor did I witness such a bond like the one Dr. K has with his patients. I have worked with Dr. Kolinsky for a few months now. For the first time in 5 years I feel like I am able to control and manage my pain. Even my 4 year old daughter has noticed a difference. She will say " Does your back feel better today mommy? Thank you so much for taking me to the park today." Thank you Dr. k, Thank your helping improve my quality of life. I will be forever greatful to you for all you have done for me.

Jun 14th, 2010

Professional, courteous, respectful, timely call back and waiting times, listens and does not rush through an appointment. Does not "overbook". In addition to being very knowledgeable medically, he has alot of kind and compassionate wisdom to proffer if one desires. I am very fortunate to be called a patient of Dr. Kolinsky's.

|  best doctor on penninsula  |  show details
by Aaron Grout, Pacific Grove on Jun 3rd, 2010

for one Dr Kolinsky, is not a quak, he is the only doctor, who does'nt just give you pain pills and send yoou on your way, He does'nt have a staff to cut down costs, I dont have office staff either, i dont need them. no matter what kind of medicine or how much he gives you, every case is different, he makes you stretch out the pain and if you dont put in 100 percent its not going to work, at least put in 60 percent and you will feel a change, so what is that saying, work your program dont let your pain work you. Ive been going through my ordeal since 2001, ive had three back surgeries,last one being a spinal fusion, (screrws and titanium pins) if i would of went to him i might of avoided the surgery, but i didnt, so now i do and there are way more days that i feel better than there are bad days though i still have bad days but that is not his fault. Ive been to shrinkis, deep tissue therapy doctors, chiropractors, pilates, physical therapy, ive had 4 epidurals a year for two years by another pain managment doc. who gave me my pills then said good bye. no one has helped me through this like dr kolinsky has, not only is he a good doctor I am proud to call him a friend, (a friend that hgelps my pain) which means DOCTOR GREAT DOCTOR what other doctor do you know can juggle a family with a 2 year old son and still rewrite the jewish bible, by the way that is 9000 pages when done or more. I hope he wins a nobel prize and shuts all you idiots who bad mouth him up.

|  you that have had a usless appointment  |  show details
by some one who keeps it real. take care Doc. K on May 28th, 2010

Dr. Kolinsky is the best Do. I have found in 3 states. He listens, he is patient, he gives you ideas other than using pills for all your pains or what ever may be your issue. I cann not believe the harshness I have read about Dr. K. I have came from a true 10 to a comfotable 4.5- 3 on a scale of 1 -10. if you do the stretches and not just depend on pills to CURE youself you may find he is a wonderful Doc. He is layed back and he does run his office, I personally prefer not to hassel with upitty office help that usually complicate a visit anyways. If you dont think you need a medication then dont take it. He is not shoving anything in you mouth. And as far as a mistake!!! He never said he is perfect. ALL Docs make mistakes, so get off you hating and relize he's human just like us.

|  surreal experience  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2009

This was the most surreal experience I've ever had with a physician. Dr. Kolinsky took a personal phone call in the middle of my office visit. Dr. Kolinsky doesn't have any office help, and I guess he thinks it's okay to take personal calls while seeing patients. But that's not the worst of it. In the adjoining room, with the door open to mine, was his previous patient, who I'd been talking with in the waiting area. This patient had walked into his appointment just fine, but was now completely unable to walk, thanks to an injection from Dr. Kolinsky that went awry. Am I making this up? No. Kolinsky was honest and told me what was going on. Kudos to him for that. But meantime, he kept leaving me to check on this guy, and leaving open the door between his room and mine, so I heard and saw everything. Kolinsky assuaging the patient, jollying him up, talking about taking the guy to lunch after the shot wore off. Which to me sounded like trying to talk the guy out of a future lawsuit, but I am a cynic. Maybe this is no big deal, maybe it happens all the time with pain injections. I dunno. But for me, the experience of Dr. Kolinsky was surreal. I won't go back.

|  Quack  |  show details
by Phillip Kelly on Nov 10th, 2009

I've been disrespected, ripped off cash, lied to, and sent down the road with sarchasm to boot. ER proves that I had new severe pain.

by anonomous on Oct 7th, 2009

This is an overprescribing doctor. He is a gentle soul that has prescribed way too many narcotics to his patients.

|  Horrible Doctor  |  show details