Family Practitioner, Surgical Specialist, Urologists
Gu Surgeons of NJ
579A Cranbury Rd
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
732-390-8700
Locations and availability (3)

|  wouldn't go to him - if he was the last doctor standing  |  show details
by rick on Sep 3rd, 2013

Staff - mediocre, especially the lady checking patients in Doctor - If you want hazy answers to your issues, if you want to pay co-pay time after time without getting any answers or results, if you want a doctor that is impressed with himself - but doesn't care about your condition - then this is the doc for you. As Dr. Koota will continue to schedule appointments - then you'll get a call - for a reschedule of the appointments and when you finally see him - you'll get NO answer to your condition - possibly he'll give you a 'guess' and he'll reschedule so that he can collect additional money from you and your insurance company.... he's a complete waste of time and will only follow up if he gets more money from his patients find another doc that will attend to your needs.!

|  show details
Jan 20th, 2012

Very responsive to my needs and returns calls in a timley fashion. Listens to what you say.

|  A doctor like no other!  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Koota for several years due to a medical condition of mine. He is what a medical student should strive to be. Not only is a pro in his profession but is such a caring doctor who takes the time to talk to his patients and doesn't rush you out of the room. He has also performed surgical procedures on me and I have never had any problems or complications afterward. If you are looking for a Urologist, take my word for it, this man is THE BEST!!!!!

|  Rating Dr. Koota  |  show details
May 9th, 2011

If you consider using his office ask his this question,,,, If you go for a second opinion and decide to have your surgery done by another doctor for any reason, what is Dr K's office policy regarding returning to Dr. Koota as a patient for any reason therefter.

|  More disappointing after each appointment.......  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr. Koota is a nice person, but I have now seen him several times, and each time he says something completely different to me (does he make it up as he goes along?), and appears (feigns?) not to understand my questions and so I leave the office more confused then when I arrived. Example: I went to him in pain and having had kidney stones before, I am well aware of how awful the pain from them is. Dr. Koota tells me that my x-ray tests indeed shows I am passing a kidney stone, but "at your age it would not be unusual for you to be having a backache so my pain must be from that instead of the kidney stone." !!! I felt his diagnosis was superficially based on his preconceptions of older people (after all, I am 60) and not on the test results he was holding in his hand! Knock on wood--I have never to this date had any back problems whatsoever, and told him this, to no avail. Like I said, a nice person, but doctors should listen to their patients and base the diagnosis on test results, not on their own, personal, privately-held preconceptions and prejudices. I just got the feeling from him that he did not care that I was in pain, but rather that since I was 60 (is this really that old?), I should expect (meaning "put up with") pain. I really was hoping to get more than that from my doctor.