Dr. David Korber MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 10th, 2016
Dr. Korber and his staff are wonderful. Knowledgeable and competent, great bedside manner.

June 16th, 2016
Dr. Korber is exceptional.

November 13th, 2009
He's been fine with me
I've been seeing Dr. Korber for 8 years. He removed cataracts in both my eyes & treats me for glaucoma as well. I was trained in visual anatomy & functioning in graduate school & can state that Dr. K. uses the latest methods & technology (e.g., since I had a retinal tear in my 30s, he uses a machine to automatically determine the thickness of my retina and, hence, the likelihood of another tear). It is true that he doesn't usually personally perform routine ops such as pressure check. Trained staff do the simple procedures. But, he & staff have been "pro all the way" with me and I'm satisfied. I have no idea why the other gentleman had such an issue. Dr. K was very conservative in my treatment & didn't remove my cataracts until my vision was obviously blurry & uncorrectable by glasses. He's got my recommendation.

March 26th, 2009
Excellent Service
My husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Korber since 1999. The first time I met Dr. Korber I thought he must be too young to be a doctor, but I was thoroughly impressed with his knowledge and professionalism. Dr. Korber has treated me for a torn retina, Lasik, and an eyelid lift. My husband who is diabetic sees Dr. Korber twice a year and has had cataract surgery on both eyes. All of our procedures were necessary and very successful. We recommended Dr. Korber to our parents and brothers and sisters, and they too have been very satisfied with Dr. Korber. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Korber and would recommend him to anyone.

October 24th, 2008
STAY AWAY! HE WANTED TO PEFORM UNNECESSARY SURGERY
I went to Dr. Korber for my first reading glasses because small print is becoming difficult to read. I was unpleasantly surprised because everything was done by his staff who were not doctors --the eye chart test, an examination, looking through the contraption that flips different prescription lenses in and out, etc. Korber's 'staff' had a prescription for corrective eye glasses all written out and then I had to wait for Dr. Korber to 'review' what his staff had decided and sign the prescription.Dr. Korber came into the room, performed a quick, cursory exam and told me I have a cataract in one eye and that I needed surgery. I was confused because his 'staff' had not said anything about a cataract and had only mentioned corrective lenses. I asked Dr. Korber if corrective lenses wouldn't be sufficient to correct my vision and to my amazement, he said 'no'! I thought I misunderstood him because his staff had already told me that glasses were enough. So, I asked him again, and he told me that eye glasses would not help my vision and that I needed eye surgery to remove the cataract! I made absolutely sure that I was not confused and that he meant that eye glasses were not going to help me and that he meant that only cataract surgery would help.I then asked Dr. Korber how much cataract surgery costs. Of course, it is very expensive. As soon as I told him I have NO INSURANCE, he immediately CHANGED HIS STORY and said that eye glasses would be enough and that surgery was not necessary. This made me VERY suspicious and distrustful of anything I got from Dr. Korber, so I made an appointment with another eye doctor. At the appointment with the second eye doctor, I told her a different eye doctor had said I needed cataract surgery --- but I did NOT mention Dr. Korber's name. Imagine my surprise when she asked me if the doctor who said I needed surgery was Dr. Korber!!! She said she had several patients on whom Dr. Korber had performed unneeded eye surgery and who had come to her after the fact to try to get their eye problems repaired!She also told me that I have the very tiny beginnings of a cataract but that it doesn't affect my vision and won't for a long time. It was so very obvious that Dr. Korber was only going to do surgery on my eye solely for his monetary profit because his staff first told me that eye glasses were all I needed and they didn't mention a cataract. Then Dr. Korber said I needed cataract surgery and that ONLY surgery would help my vision and then, when he found out I don't have insurance, he said I don't need the surgery. For these reasons, I DON'T TRUST DR. KORBER! Get a second opinion before letting him get lots of money from your insurance company for doing unnecessary eye surgery on you !