Overall Review

October 19th, 2016
A pleasure to work with
Friendly staff that makes you feel like you are welcome, a team of courteous happy people. Dr Kossoff is knowledgeable and professional, he takes the time to explain and encourages you to ask questions. He manages to keep me comfortable at all time.

August 9th, 2016
After experiencing some pain and bloating following a colonoscopy, Dr. Kossoff immediately sent me to an urgent care to get a CT scan. The CT scan revealed an ovarian mass, which was later confirmed to be cancer. He even called me twice the day after the scan to make sure that I followed up with my gyn and to check on my pain. If he hadn't sent me to get the scan, I would not have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer until it was at a much later stage. I feel that other doctors would have said something like "some pain is normal after a colonoscopy" or "give it a couple of days; you'll be fine". He listened to my concerns and, without hesitation, sent me to get further testing. I can't thank him enough for his caring, concern, and excellent bed-side manner. He very well may have saved my life! When my oncologist had some other GI concerns, Dr. Kossoff's office staff got me in to see him, and scheduled another procedure, immediately. Excellent doctor; excellent staff!!

June 29th, 2016
Dr. Kossoff was very professional and treated me with kindness and concern. He put my safety and well-being first. He didn't just rush in and treat when he saw an area of concern. He referred me to a specialist and then that specialist sent me back to him. He made a plan that was well thought through and it airs on the side of caution. I feel fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Kossoff. I know I am in a doctor's hands that is truly about helping and healing.

November 13th, 2015
So lucky to have this doctor
Dr. Kossoff has been my doctor for years and has provided excellent care. But he also saved my life in a surprising way. I had just had one of those awful procedures and as a result he wanted me to have a CAT Scan because of things he had found and low a behold they found a breast tumor which turned out to be cancerous, then came surgery and radiation. But because of Dr, Kossoff's pro active care he gives his patients, the cancer had not spread and I am alive today. In this day of difficulties with health care issues, I am blessed to be able to count on Dr. Kossoff.

August 20th, 2015
Great Doc
This doctor took an active role in my hospitalization by working with local hospitals after I was admitted to make sure I had the best care possible. He called several local hospitals looking for a bed in one that had the equipment needed to provide the best care possible.

June 17th, 2015
Amazing Doctor!
I have been a patient of Dr. Kossoff since 2011. I didn’t meet him under the best of circumstances – getting a colonoscopy at 33 wasn’t my idea of a good time. I was beyond uncomfortable about the whole situation and dreaded even stepping foot in his office. Well let me tell you within a few minutes I was completely at ease. The front desk staff, nurses and Dr. Kossoff all made me feel at ease. When discussing the procedure he would use technical terminology and then follow up with a practical explanation that I could understand. I totally appreciated that – don’t dumb it down just because you know that I don’t know what you’re talking about. But then explain it in a more simplified way using examples that anyone could understand. He is so smart but doesn’t make you feel like it is a chore for him to explain anything to you. He will explain things multiple times until you are 100% comfortable with whatever you are talking about. The procedure and follow-up visit were equally educational and thanks to Dr. Kossoff I felt much better. Flash-forward 3 years later and I am back in his office for an Endoscopy. I had the same wonderful experience as I did years ago. His bedside manner is still stellar, the staff is amazing, and I couldn’t be happier. All of my issues have been resolved thanks to Dr. Kossoff. I highly HIGHLY recommend him and will forever be his patient!

March 4th, 2015
BEST doctor in Frederick!
Going to the doctor, particularly a specialist, usually means trouble so it's odd to say, but, my visits to Dr. Kossoff's office have always been very enjoyable! I started feeling ill last year and my PCP wasn't able to ascertain the cause of the discomfort after several months, so eventually she referred me to Dr. Kossoff. He is a man of action! He instantly dove right in sending me for tests and in a matter of weeks was able to figure out what was causing the issue. He has always been very friendly and empathetic and never made me feel like "well maybe it's in your head" or "are you sure that's how you're feeling?" which I seem to read a lot when it comes to GIs. He also takes the extra time to explain the science behind what you're feeling, which I really appreciate! He gives his patients intellectual credit and never talks down and is never ever dismissive. He really cares, and REALLY knows his stuff! His front desk staff is wonderful -- always accommodating, friendly, and patient. Once, the day before my surgery consultation, I was in pain, so I called the office to see if they had any tips or tricks to get me through to my appointment. Dr. Kossoff wasn't in the office that day so I got off of the phone ready to just grit my teeth and push through. Well, guess what? Within ten minutes they had not only called me back, but they had called my favorite pharmacy with a prescription. I'm only 25 years old. Sometimes going to the doctor without a parent present still feels like a surreal experience... but Dr. Kossoff is welcoming, friendly, knowledgable and consistently making sure that I have everything I need to feel informed, confident, and healthy! You'll be in good hands with him!

January 7th, 2015
Excellent Physician. Answers all questions & thoroughly explained things. Would highly recommend Dr. Kossoff!

October 7th, 2013
Great Care
I went to see Dr.Kossoff for an issue with acid reflux. I was able to get an evening appointment that same week which was great so I didn't have to miss work. I was then scheduled for my procedure within three days of my initial consult. I was diagnosed and then immediately started treatment. I felt that they doctor was friendly and very knowledgeable in the management of my care. I would highly recommend Dr. Kossoff to family or friends if they needed to see a GI doctors specializing in digestive disorders.

August 26th, 2013
Dr. Kossoff takes the time to get to the root of the problem. I have been seeing him for 15 years and had never had a bad experience with him or his staff.

June 27th, 2013
Excellent physician
Dr. Kossoff is a very professional specialist with an excellent bedside manner. He is very knowledgeable about my disease and always shares this knowledge with me. He is excellent in sharing all my test results and being sure that I not only have copies of these tests results but understand them as well. His office staff is very courteous and helpful whether I need to make an appointment or needs other help. I havve been a very satified patient of his for over 5 years.

September 20th, 2012
Doc explained all my options, listened to what I wanted to do and made follow up calls to check on me. When my condition went down a dark path doc was there to walk me through everything and got me in with a good surgeon and stayed connected with me and the surgeon through the whole process. Best gastro I've been to.