Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrists
1062 Barnes Rd
Ste 207
Wallingford, CT 06492
203-265-4600
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Aug 6th, 2014

My son and husband had been going to Dr Krulee for four years. I found Dr. Krulee kind and understanding he always listened to concerns and explained things to my son which is unusual most doctors talk over him. My issue is the incompetant office staff. They always seemed so nice but would botch everything up. I called several times the day before an appointment to reschedule last minute. I finally left a message by 4:15pm. The next appointment I was told I owed 60$ for a missed appointment. I told them I called the day before and the answer was "you called 23 not 24 hours before the appointment" They insisted I pay this! when I spoke to Dr. Krulee he said he didnt have time for this and would not wave the fee. I told him if his staff had answered the phone this wouldnt be an issue. I feel this should have been waved. In four years of going to Dr. Krulee not once had we not paid or skipped appointments. My husband missed one appointment and we paid the fee. Does this sound like a caring doctor to you? Thanks for everything shopping for new doc!

|  Wow  |  show details
by Karen on Nov 9th, 2013

Not what I expected at all. I thought going to see a shrink was going to be horrible. This place was great. Staff, office, and Dr. Krulee. Before I went I was unsure, now I feel better!

|  Nice place  |  show details
by Jane on Nov 6th, 2013

The office is comfortable. We waited in the waiting room a little longer than expected, but overall a good experience. Dr. Krulee gave us the extra time we needed, because our daughter is very sick. We feel very confident that he was not trying to push pills, and his staff was helpful and he has a nice therapist there named Jen. My thoughts are only mine but my daughter is getting better, and that is all that matters.

|  Very Nice  |  show details
by Daisie on Oct 1st, 2013

The thing I like most about is that my doctors know him and like him. When I was looking for a psychiatrist for my son, I went on line to check reviews. I asked my son's pediatrician about Dr. Krulee, and my concern with some of the reviews. My doctor told me not to believe everything on the internet, Dr. Krulee is one of the best. I took my son, and must say the disgruntled reviews to not depict this office in anyway. Why I am taking the time to write this is because a good doctor is getting a bad reputation for no reason. We are very happy with the staff and him.

|  good dr  |  show details
by renee on Sep 28th, 2013

I hapoened to come across tbis site. I hwve been a patient since 2009. I had to write because I know that staff, and are kind beyond imagination. Why do people lie on these sites?

|  I like him  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2013

He is a kind and caring, I knew him when he was in the other offices. Yes, I wait for a while, but he is worth it. Thankfully, I have always followed his advice, because if I had not I would not be as successful as I am. Maybe people are resistant to hearing the truth.

|  show details
Jul 9th, 2013

Very nice doctor. I am a new mother, and nervous that my son has a psychiatric disorder. Dr. Krulee is reassuring, kind, and helpful. He always spends extra time with us even with a waiting room full of patients. Definitely worth the travel to see him.

|  Diamond in the Rough  |  show details
May 30th, 2013

I found this office on the internet after my son's pediatrician sent is all over "Prohealth" psychiatrists. Frustrated, I went on my own and found Dr. Krulee. Thanks to the internet search, I found a smart guy who is actually helping. His staff is great, and I like the idea that when I walk in someone greets me. He is so nice he lets his office staff bring their baby to work. Not many nice people like him.

|  Great psychiatrist  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2012

Dr. Krulee and his staff are great. He helped me a lot. His office is clean and professional. I like the smooth jazz in the waiting room. His staff is nice, I like the new girl, hip chick, refreshing.

|  The Best Yet  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2012

His office is clean and in a nice building. He took very good care of my family and made us feel important and listened to our issues. His wife is a doll, I could not imagine her ever yelling at anyone and I have been a long time patient. If you thought she yelled, check your hearing aid, Julie is so great and caring. I once was upset when I went to Dr. Krulee, she saw me upset and immediately took me out of the waiting room where I could have some privacy. Dr. Krulee and Julie make a great team! Many others feel that way as well. The only people that would give them a bad rating are beyond help.

|  He is a Jerk!!  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

I agree with the other responses. We have been going to him for about a little over 6 months. He does not listen to any of your point of views. He just yeahs you and does/says what he wants anyway. He rubs off as boilterous and rude. He just tries to switch Meds constantly, instead of trying to diagnose the real problem. I guess thats what you get from a Army doctor. His front office and office manager staff are completely incompetent and rude. Unsanitary to have a large dog in the office.

|  I like him  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

He is really smart. I am glad I waited to see him. I called a few times and his staff never made me feel like I was "bothering" them. If you have a real genuine problem, that is the office to go to.

|  Great Dr  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2010

He is very kind. We do wait sometimes, but that is it with all other doctors. All that matters is when we leave his office we feel as if we are getting great care and can call anytime with a problem. His staff is great too.

|  Very Helpful!  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

I have been bringing my child to Dr. Krulee for several years. He has done an amazing job helping me to take care of my child. Sometimes we have to wait longer than other times, but this is with any doctor. If my child had an emergency, I would want the doctor to see him even if that made him late to his next appointment. Just the same as if someone else had an emergency, I would willingly wait for our turn. He has been kind and understanding with my child and takes the time to hear about the rest of my child's issues and how they affect him overall.

|  Cool Doc  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

I am only 19. I think he is cool. Easy to talk to. I like his secretary, she is really nice and makes you feel comfortable.

|  He is really nice  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2010

good guy. My kid talked to him, and he doesn't talk to anyone. Yeah, I had to wait for 10 minutes. But now a days when don't you have to wait for everything?he is good and is helping my fanily.

|  i like him  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Krulee for about 3 years and yes, I have to agree that sometimes I do wait for an extra long time to see him, however, he is worth the wait. He never rushes me out. I guess you can't please the world.

|  Wait time  |  show details
by J&J on Jul 15th, 2010

This doc is good. We have seen other doctors in the past and by far Dr. Krulee is the best. My son is better and he gave us some ideas that no other doctor did that seems to help some.

|  GOOD DOCTOR  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2010

HOW TERRIBLE OF ANYONE GIVE A BAD REVIEW. THIS DOCTOR IS VERY NICE AND HIS STAFF IS TERRIFIC. I HAVE NEVER HEARD HIS ASSISTANT SCREAM AT ANYONE AND WE ARE AT HIS OFFICE EVERY OTHER WEEK FOR MONTHS. SHE IS SWEET, HE SPENDS TIME WITH US. MAYBE THE REASON WHY YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST IS YOUR OWN LACK OF SELF CONTROL. IF YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST AT A YOUNG AGE THAN YOU WILL NEED TO SEE A GOOD DOCTOR LIKE DR. KRULEE, YOU JUST BURNT A BRIDGE.

|  My autistic child and I  |  show details
May 20th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr.Krulee for a number of years for my childs behavior. I was so encouraged by the changes with both my son and I that I continue to see him. There is a waiting room there and a reason to have it. I may spend more time than I like there, but that only gives me the opportunity to speak with the parents of other children.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by vj on May 19th, 2009

I disagree with the last other ratings. Maybe that is why you people see a psychiatrist. Having trouble with reality? He is a great doctor and because of him I am leading a normal life. You Rock Dr. Krulee

|  Doesn't seem to care  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2009

I've been going here for a while. He spends about 10 minutes w/ me after I've waited for about 45 min after the time of my app. He doesn't seem to genuinly care about me. Maybe its all about the $$. I've been to Psych. before and usually they at least act like they care. Maybe none of them do, who knows. It would be nice to find one that did. I don't think he would care if I od'd and died. Secretary is very cold. Even though app. are given out 1-2 months in advance, there is no call previous to an app. All of the other app. I go to will call 1-2 days prior. This is just irresponsible. If you just want your meds-go to him. If you want someone caring, take more time and seek out someone else. GL