Urologist, Surgeon
Carolina Urological Assoc Pa
140 Kimel Park Dr
Winston Salem, NC 27103
336-245-2100
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Unsatisfactory  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2014

I was referred to Kunkle by another physician. He barely examined me and seemed unconcerned of my issues. He seems very inexperienced and rushed me out with nothing but a huge bill for wasting my time.

|  Dr do little  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2013

I went to Dr Kunkle with painful symptoms, he spent a short time talking to me but answered all my questions with "i don't know". A few previous tests had came back normal. He said further testing or medications would be a guessing game and wouldn't go any further to try to figure out my problem. He told me its either in my head or a chronic condition I'll have to live with. I left the office with no tests run, no treatment and no hope.

|  Impatient and not compassionate  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2013

I was in a very bad way and was told my symptoms were all in my head. That I cannot fault the guy for even though there were multiple doctor visits with other professionals indicating a specific cause- it's his professional opinion. My gripe, which I have gone out my way to warn people on here about, is how calloused and impatient he was to me in my time of urgent need. I don't doubt his knowledge though so if that is all you are concerned about he should suffice.

|  DAVID A KUNKLE, MD  |  show details
by M .A. EVANS on Mar 22nd, 2013

WOULD NOT EVER RETURN TO DOCTOR DAVID A.KUNKLE,MD. HE WAS SO UNCARING AND UNENGAUGED .

by Brad on Feb 11th, 2013

I have been to numerous Urologist over the years, and finally found one that takes time to explain my diagnosis and treat me like I was family. I've had far too many rushed appointments, not here!

|  Very Good Doctor With Poorly Run Office  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr. Kunkle appears to be very knowledgable and caring. However, his staff is very impersonal and ineffecient. The wait time for an appointment is very disrespectful to the patients. I often felt that he had one foot out of the door during visits. I feel he needs to match his office's efficency and his time management with his medical knowledge.

Sep 7th, 2012

He is good with followups - when you need to return to leave a lab sample he spends 5 minutes with you and you are billed almost $300.00. Will find a new Dr is needed.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

professional, easy to talk to, spends time talking to pt., very knowledgable, explains things so you understand, would highly recommend

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

Dr. Kunkel was on call on a weekend when I developed a blockage due to a kidney stone. He met me at the hospital and put a stent in that night. He was extremely professional, very cordial, and explained everything thoroughly. He and his staff were even willing to schedule my follow up around my insane work travel schedule.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

Dr. Kunkle is an excellent doctor who made me feel like I was his only patient that day. He told me that he had also had kidney stones and readily shared his experience and first hand knowledge with me. I hope I don't have to see him again, but if I need a urologist again, he's the one.

Feb 2nd, 2011

Dr. Kuncle was very nice and seeemed genuinely concerned with my problems and made me feel at ease with the whole experience.

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
by George Glenn, RN on Sep 16th, 2009

Dr. Kunkle is excellent. Very thorough in assessment and follow up. Very caring manner, follows through with problem to the finish. Overall experience with Dr. Kunkle as a patient was outstanding. One of the finest practitioners I know, and being an RN I know quite a few.