A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Black:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Black is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Black, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
- Foot Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Black graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Black has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Freeman Health System - Freeman West
- St John's Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Black accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem - 9 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Family Health Partners - 2 plans
- CommunityCare Managed Healthcare Plans of Oklahoma - 2 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David L. Black practice?
Dr. David Black practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Joplin, MO.
See Joplin Surgeons.