inactive

David L Campbell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 21st, 2016
Worst oncologist I have ever encountered in 30 years
Dr. Campbell not only attended a one-star medical school, which should be warning enough, but he is arrogant, spends no time listening, makes assumptions, is not thorough, throws a few tests your way and then says "you'll live" when they come back negative. I am a five time primary cancer survivor who has been seen and treated by the best, and that is why I am alive today. But Dr. Campbell, who was my only option when I moved here, really needs to be reviewed because I fear for anyone seeking treatment with this cocky, cruel and obviously under-qualified oncologist who is attempting to compensate for his one star medical school degree by treating a well-informed, concerned (and scared) patient like a child asking for candy before dinner. No, worse. First, I don't have to like a doctor in order to trust him/her, because I've learned that bedside manner isn't the primary goal in determining if a physician is good at his/her job or not. But I do feel an obligation to write a review warning others after what I experienced today when I requested his input and coordination with my internist regarding a new diagnosis that is linked to cancer and was simply told over the phone by his staff that "he looked at your blood work and said you don't have cancer." I don't have to explain how much of a joke a statement like that is, but I will say that cancer is not something you can diagnose OR dismiss by skimming limited blood test results ordered by another physician for reasons other than cancer. This is not written as a personal complaint from a point of anger and disgust. This is written as a warning for all patients who may be referred to him as I was, only to discover that he values his his ego more than the oath he took, and that is DANGEROUS. Some cancers are obvious and easily found and treated. Other cancers are less obvious and require testing, repeat testing, and close observation. This doctor does not understand that, and I refuse to ever allow him to mistreat me again. I have a very complicated medical history which has scared off many doctors who simply would not make the time for me. Too many doctors simply do not take the time to read a patient's chart, and this is one of them. A 15 minute session is not sufficient time to communicate, and this doctor always has had one foot out the door. Today, despite my history and my new diagnosis, which is heavily linked to cancer, I was once again simply dismissed with a ridiculous phone call. When I complained about Dr. Campbell's lack of professionalism I was told to have a nice day and hung up on. I have since my last visit the very same skin lesions that have appeared on my body with each and every cancer diagnosis in the past 25 years. I also have a condition that is heavily linked to cancer. I have a right to be concerned and request further diagnostics and repeat diagnostics. After today, I wouldn't let this man hold a door open for me for fear he would let it slam on me.

June 21st, 2016
Dr. Campbell is very caring and an excellent oncologist. I feel that he truly cares about me personally and it shows in his care and the time he spends with me at my appointments.

October 27th, 2015
Highly Recommended
I can't recommend Dr. Campbell enough! We walked into the Cancer Center frightened and overwhelmed and left feeling relieved to have such a fantastic Doctor on our Team. My husband really liked him right way, and when your as scared as we are, that means alot! He knew about every appointment we had had, the test results, and already had a plan for our next steps. Dr. Campbell is kind and compassionate, thorough and engaged. We make a two hour round trip drive every day to be with them...gladly, for this level of care. Highly recommended.

March 20th, 2015
Go elsewhere
I have cancer and was handed my results by a nurse cause he was "too busy" to see me. spends little to no time and has never really examined me.

April 6th, 2014
He is a wonderful physician and he cares about me.

October 9th, 2011