Dr. David Carter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Carter?

September 18th, 2016

Saved My Life

I went to the emergency room at 2:00 am. He diagnosed my problem and verified it with a cat scan and X-rays. He took me straight into the operating room. Dr. Carter has a wonderful bedside manner, answers all questions and will not "talk down to you". I would recommend him to anyone.

October 8th, 2013

terrible time

I went to Dr. Carter after being referred to him for pain on the left side of my stomach that has been going on for now almost 9 months ( I told him and other drs that it is a feamale problem but everyone said no ) . I have been to every kind of dr they said that it probably IBS. Dr Carter right off the bat said anyone that says you have IBS means they have no idea what they are talking about , so with that I thought great we are on the right track . He sent me for a CT , and said that my gallbladder was not functioning correctly . He scheduled me for surgery to have my gallbladder removed (now remember my pain is on my left side gallbladder on right ) but hey I have been in soo much pain I figured ok he must know what he is doing . Well I had the surgery and in recovery I said I still have the same pain . Went for my follow up and told him that the pain is still there he said...wait you'll never guess.... IBS . My husband and I just shook our heads and left , what a waste of time and money . Well another 3 moths later still with pain went to gyn dr in VA and he no more than touvhed me and told me I had endomitrsis had a hysterectomy and pain is all better .

December 21st, 2010

A horrible experience

I was referred to Dr. Carter for severe abdominal pain that had been going on for over a month. I was having trouble eating and the pain was unbearable. The first time I went to see him I waited in the back room for about 20 minutes before he came in. When he did come in he would not discuss or examine me until I had a colonoscopy so I had to reschedule (he did however still charge me an office visit).After my colonoscopy I came back to see him (thinking maybe it wouldn't happen again). At this time he decided surgery would be the best option to remove adhesions from previous surgeries with the hope of relieving the excruciating pain.He then told me(as I was crying), "I might be able to fix the problem, but I could also go in and completely destroy your intestines." I started crying even more---from pain and from fear---and he said very matter-of-factly, "Okay, well my nurse will schedule your surgery date," and he left! When his nurse came in she saw me crying and never batted an eye. She proceeded to tell me where to go for the sugery. I asked her if it would be outpatient or if I would be admitted and she said," I have no idea."I then told her that I had not had a chance to ask the doctor if he could give me something for pain (the surgery wasn't scheduled for another week). She left the room and came back and said, "Dr. Carter said 'no.'" Because I was in such horrible pain, I went ahead with the surgery. On the day of my surgery the only thing Dr. Carter said to me (as he came in and gave the nurse a neck rub) was, "I have another patient on the table and I'll get to you right after that." He never came and spoke to me after the surgery and it has been a month and I have never heard from his office. I did call his office two days after the surgery because the pain medication he had prescribed was making me itch. His nurse let out a loud sigh and said, "hold onnnn, let me check with the doctor." She came back and said that he would call me in something different.The surgery did allow to be able to eat, but the constant pain is still here. I am consulting with another surgeon who has found a spot on my colon that has been causing the pain and another surgery is scheduled with this new doctor.What a horrible experience; I would not wish this on anyone. I think when doctors lose (if they ever had it) compassion for their patients, it is time to find a new occupation.

October 16th, 2009

my expeirience with dr carter and his staff has been the most pleasurable at my time of need , dr carter is so nice and he handles hisself so well . i reccomend albermarle surgical to anyone in need !

July 22nd, 2016