Dr. David Edwards MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 24th, 2016
GET ANOTHER OPINION! !!!
Read his reviews! He will convince you that you need multiple procedures. Run run run. Get a second opinion from wellstar ent, Performed unnecessary procedures that left me full of serious bacterial infections and an Abcess that required emergency surgery. Pesudmonas Putida, Serratia aureus , staph. After going through my original ctscan reports, my scans were normal.! He's is the definition of oporotunist. I had over 13 post op appointments. No one was ever allowed back in the exam rooms with me! My surgery took over 8 hours as outpatient and no one ever bothered to check on me from his office. I developed an Abcess the day after surgery which required emergency surgery. It took three days of leaving urgent voice mails to get a response. Other patients have had serious issues with this Dr. His bad reviews are REAL. My final visit to Dr. Edwards was when he wanted to back in for a third surgery to open a complete blockage created by the first one. Oh and the machine that he uses to suction out sinus mucus backed up while in my nose. Evidently his nurse had forgotten to empty it!! It shut off during my post op. Disgusting! ! Don't take a chance with your health. It's been 4 years and dozens of Doctors, Medications, physical therapy, hospital stays, side effects, pain and suffering to correct the damage. Not to mention 4 more intensive surgeries. I'm now dealing with a supressd immune system, neuropathy, monthly gammaglobulin treatments to boost my antibodies. Altering the intetior structure of my sinuses, and removing multiple normal lymph nodes along with the chronic big gun antibiotics ie Levaquin, vancomycin, cipro and high doses of steroids have left me permanently damaged.

January 4th, 2016
Dr. Edwards has been my ENT since 1988! I wouldn't go to anyone else! My whole family goes to him! His surgery process was as good as it could be! Awesome personality and very through!

December 28th, 2015
This doctor recommended that I have my tonsils out and have sinus surgery before he even examined me. He made the determination based on the information in my new patient paperwork which were computerized and I could not add additional information. He also recommended a sinus culture and I research that sinus cultures are only after chronic sinusitis that do not respond to treatment. I had a cold that later turned into a sinus infection when I went into the office. Hardly chronic sinusitis. He did not wear gloves when using a scope of my throat nor when removing ear wax. The scope was hooked up to a low resolution almost black and white television monitor. I doubted the scope was even clean as it was hanging on the wall out in the open. My general doctor said my tonsils look healthy. This guy is a money hungry crook.

February 8th, 2015
Best most compassionate Dr. I have ever been too.
Best Dr. I have ever been to. He really cares about his patients. Excellent staff.

October 23rd, 2013
Rude office staff, not up front about costs avoid!
Be your own advocate. And do your research!!! I elected not to have surgery with Dr. Edwards and decided to have the recommended procedure elsewhere. I'm sure some folks had a positive experience with this Dr. however I did not-mainly due to his RUDE and unprofessional staff. I was also skeptical about his billing policies. When I asked a staff member to explain the billing procedure she became VERY rude and defensive and would not give me an estimated total after filling with insurance. I believe a doctor's office is only as good as his staff. The staff he surrounds himself with is usually telling of his true character. While some people had a good experience at this office, the majority of reviewers did not, that should be an indication that something is wrong with this office.

March 27th, 2012
Disheartened
I would not recommend this practice to a friend

February 24th, 2012
Great Doctor and amazing bedside manner
I had TA and sinus surgery. My surgery went better than expected and I don't miss blowing my nose everyday. I found Dr. Edwards to be very personable and caring for my needs. We loved him so much that my 6 year old son had his TA surgery with Dr. Edwards.

October 29th, 2011
He is an excellent doctor.

April 13th, 2011
Very happy with progress!
I had to post after reading the negative comments of others. I saw Dr. Edwards after seeing several other ENTs over the past 10 years about a problem with my lymph nodes. I was terrified that there was something serious or that another doctor was going to do surgery to remove a swollen lymph node only to tell me they weren't sure why it was reactive. (I've had that done twice now). Let me say that I think that a lot of people are intimidated by the amount of procedures he does do because he is thorough. With this speciality the tests are not always as simple as listening to your complaints. Nothing he did in the office was rude or insensitive.After a CT of my neck and sinuses he explained why he thought my lymph nodes were swollen and that I needed to have surgery, but not to remove my lymph nodes. I was nervous but I did it. I am now about 6 weeks post surgery and I can honestly say that I feel the BEST I have felt in abot 15 years. At the hospital he came and sat beside me and talked me through all the fears I had. At about 3 weeks post-op I did get a bacterial infection, but I was immediately scheduled to come in and treated. I have had follow-up calls even to make sure my progress was good.I am so pleased with Dr. Edwards that my husband has started seeing him in response to some concerns we had from a previous surgery with a different ENT. Dr. Edwards as not suggested surgery to correct problems for him but has worked diligently to remedy his issues with hearing.It's a very serious thing to say you want to have a doctor's license removed. If you want to come on the internet and say that then you need to truly be prepared to go that distance. Just because you didn't get the answer YOU thought you would get doesn't mean it's wrong. And not every doctor will do the same thing - you have the right to chose which one you go with.

March 16th, 2011
Two Family Surgeries
In 2010, my son could not breath through his nose. My wife broke her nose badly in a sports accident. Both had surgery with Dr. Edwards. Both went great and we are delighted. My son was born without frontal sinuses...the cavities were full of polyps. He is now perfect.

January 8th, 2011
Watch Out this Doc is an Oportunist.
Dr. Edwards told me I needed surgery, but seemed irritated with my questions about why I needed the surgery, what the benefits would be for me, how he was going to do during the surgery, etc... Instead of welcoming my questions and appropriately addressing them he pretty much blew them off. For example, when I asked him what he was going to do during surgery, he flippantly told me it was in the brochure his staff had given me. I had already read the brochure and it was generic, not specific. I wanted to know what specifically he was going to do and if he WAS going to do some of the things I HAD READ in the brochure or not. Never found out. Then, after he existed, when I asked his nurse questions about the content of the consent forms they wanted me to sign, such as the risks of the surgical procedure and how often they had seen these risks exhibit themselves, she became very irritated, was not forthcoming, and instead of welcoming my questions and answering them, she told me, in a very rude and unfriendly tone of voice that "You don't have to sign and you don't have to have the surgery!" Of course, I already knew that. I did not sign and left their office quite expeditiously. I will seek a second opinion. Doctors and nurses should welcome patients questions about the medical details of their treatment and be happy to answer them and explain in as much detail as the patient desires. WATCH OUT for a doctor and his/her staff that is not willing to do this.

April 15th, 2010
THIS DOCTOR MADE MY QUALITY OF LIFE SO MUCH BETTER!!
I am a patient 4 weeks post op with Dr. Edwards. I am 42 years old and had never been properly diagnosed. Dr. Edwards not only properly diagnosed me but he has taken wonderful care of me both during surgery as well as follow up. He is responsible for making my quality of life so much better. I can breathe clearly through my nose, I can smell and I can taste my food. The patient care from this facility is truly phenomenal. His office staff is the best I've ever dealt with. The Office Manager is great as well are all the staff. This group has worked together for a while and it's shows. Thank you Dr. Edwards and staff for providing such top notch patient care. This doctor truly cares about his patients!!