Great Socks show details Great Socks
Jan 9th, 2016

He is not a great communicator. He charges $300 an hour and demonstrated low skills. Even if you are an established patient he won't call the hospital if you are hospitalized. It is very difficult to reach him if you have a psychiatric emergency. He won't return phone calls. He doesn't like to talk about diagnosis. He doesn't adequately prepare patient for potential side effects when titrating off a medication. His favorite quote is "I don't know" It is almost impossible to build rapport with him. He doesn't hesitate to say he has a lot of connections with the Christian community and likes to name drop but when his own patient was hospitalized for 10 days he never checked or contributed to treatment. The only good thing about him is he wears good socks.

Doctor's Response

As a helping professional, I appreciate constructive reviews. It is never fun to know that you disappointed or angered someone. Because of the ethics and laws surrounding confidentiality, I cannot respond directly to the claims made in these reviews. However, I can say that I am more than willing to address in person or via telephone the concerns laid out and provide a list of referrals to other mental health professionals who might be better suited to address your specific needs. Many of the clients in my practice struggle with high levels of anxiety, codependency, perfectionism and people-pleasing tendencies. I am continually working with them on setting boundaries, accepting themselves in the midst of change and realizing that they cannot make everyone like them. I would be remiss as a psychiatrist if I did not take my own advice. Still, to the extent that online, anonymous reviews contain constructive criticism, I do take them to heart and continue to strive for excellence for myself personally and for my practice, so thank you. And thanks for the compliment on the socks. I'll keep that up for sure. :-)

Oct 5th, 2013

I have known Dr. Henderson for almost a year. It has been my experience that he has is a professional psychiatrist and brings a remarkable ministry through his private practice. It’s hard to find a psychiatrist that is comfortable to bring their Christian faith into the treatment process, however Dr. Henderson is fully aware of the benefits of integrating faith and practice. He provides a balance of extensive clinical experience with a passion for helping patients become knowledgeable and to truly understand their unique situation. He also brings a desire to know the person and develop interpersonal comfort in the doctor-patient relationship. This is sadly something so many doctors fail at miserably! His office is very inviting and provides a comfortable and professional environment. The initial evaluation is very thorough and leads to a development of treatment that best serves the patient and the situation they are in. Even when schedules are tight he has been flexible and willing to work to ensure that the proper treatment can be experienced in a timely manner. It really can't be stressed enough how much he spends time with the patient. He also follows up in a professional and welcoming manner, and it has been greatly appreciated. I'm very thankful to have known Dr. Henderson and see that faith and practice can be integrated and experienced in the psychiatrist office!