Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  horrible!!!  |  show details
by jo on Sep 5th, 2014

I was about six months pregnant when this doctor dropped me because I could not pay over $1000 upfront, when he told me himself that my insurance would cover me even after he moved hospitals!!!

|  Not the best experience for a first time mother  |  show details
by Kelly on Jan 29th, 2014

Maybe it was because of the type of insurance I had, but while I was pregnant I saw Dr. David Holmes at the office he practices out of in Burleson, and at his office in Fort Worth a couple of times. He also delivered my son. For the positive notes, he is extremely friendly as well as his staff. He is very knowledgeable in his field, and if it wasn't for my personal experience, I would be giving him a higher rating. Now for the negative; I only received 1 ultrasound at 18 weeks to determine the sex, and had no scan at the end to see how big he would end up being - which was 9lbs 10oz. He had to be admitted into the NICU for low blood sugar levels and was born not breathing. Also, I had gone in at 39 weeks because I was sure my water had broken, and was told it hadn't - which was found out to not be the case when I had my water broken to kickstart labor, because there was none left. So basically my son had tons of room to grow for 2 more weeks, which was dangerous. The risk of infection was also heightened. When I brought up the strange occurrence of liquid suddenly and forcefully coming out, he asked what the ER nurses said and once I told him, he then brushed it off. Didn't even suggest to have a look. My son and I (or both) could have been seriously harmed by the lack of thoroughness, I will not be going back to this doctor or Baylor healthcare systems for any future pregnancies/deliveries.

|  show details
by Donna on Oct 8th, 2013

The Best! 22 years

|  Quality medical service and genuinely caring doctor  |  show details
by Debra Wippert on Jul 24th, 2013

Dr. Holmes has been my doctor for 24 years. He is the most caring and compassionate doctor I've ever had. He has seen me through three pregnancies and three miscarriages. Dr. Holmes was incredibly sensitive and understanding and helped me go through a very difficult time when I had the miscarriages. He was also very supportive through my other pregnancies. I feel very fortunate to have found such an incredible doctor. My daughter, whom Dr. Holmes delivered 17 years ago this year, is now her doctor. He is seeing her for a cyst on her ovary. I was happy I could recommend such an incredibly skillful, compassionate, physician for my daughter.

|  two thumbs up.  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

I just love Dr Holmes and his staff. His nurses Donna and Tiffany are very personable and comforting. I've been coming to Dr Holmes for over two years and he delivered both of my children. I've recommended him to two of my family members. He always makes you feel comfortable and at ease. The office is always clean and neat. They're quick to get you an appt if need one. I felt lucky to have such great people to help me. Thanks guys, yall are doing a great job! -Bethany Adams

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
May 19th, 2011

Dr. Holmes has been my doctor for about 4 years now and I love him. He helped me through both of my pregnancies and after. He is very caring and just a wonderful doctor

|  Love him!  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2010

He came recommended by my best friend almost 10 years ago and has been the best doctor ever. I love his attitude and bedside manner. He delivered my first born, saved my life during an ectopic pregnancy that had ruptured my tubal caushing massive internal bleeding and has closely monitored my cervical dysplasia.

|  Would not go to anyone else!  |  show details
by Murielle on Jun 28th, 2010

He delivered two of my three daughters and only reason he did not deliver my second child - he was out of country...now my daughters go to him and my oldest had had such a bad experience with a female doctor, that she said ok, mom, I will go see him... now she travels over 300 miles to her appointments...!

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2010

The best OB/GYN. Friendly, caring and an outstanding doctor all around.

|  the BEST  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2009

This is THE best Ob Gyn in the DFW area

|  Great OBGYN!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 20th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I absolutely love this doctor. He delivered my son, will be delivering my daughter and has also performed a couple surgeries on me for CIN ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Bad Surgical Experience  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2008

Dr. Holmes performed a marsupialization of my uninfected Bartholin cyst. The surgery seemed to go OK, but I realized about 3 weeks into the healing process that something wasn't right. Dr. Holmes was completely unhelpful and insensitive to my concerns. He did not seem to care that his surgery was so aggressive that he removed much more of the tissue than was needed - now I am permenantly disfigured on the side where the gland was located. After leaving his office after my 6 week checkup he seemed unconcerned that I was still in considerable pain and unable to sit comfortably or wear pants. I had to find another doctor who would listen to me and then ended up having to go to 5 specialists to diagnose the problem. It has taken 6 months for the healing to progress to a tolerable point and I am now stuck permenantly stuck taking a medication to numb the nerves that Dr. Holmes damaged in my surgery. The worst part is that Dr. Holmes, in our pre-op visit, never even mentioned the risk of complications for the operation.