A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Kaplan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Kaplan, David L. Kaplan, MD is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kaplan
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kaplan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Kaplan, MD is board certified in Dermatology and Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 33 areas:
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Alopecia Areata (Patchy Baldness)
- Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Baldness (Alopecia)
- Celiac's Disease Skin rash (Dermatitis Herpetiformis)
- Chemical Peel (Chemexfoliation)
- Contact Dermatitis
- Dandruff (Tinea Capitis)
- Eczema (Eczematous Skin Diseases)
- Genetic Skin Diseases
- Genital Warts
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Intradermal Nevus
- Itch (Pruritus)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaplan graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Kaplan has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Shawnee Mission Medical Center
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David L Kaplan MD is a male Dermatologist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Dermatology and Internal Medicine.
- Where does Dr. David L. Kaplan practice?
- Dr. David Kaplan has 1 office location.
Dr. David Kaplan practices Dermatology and Internal Medicine near Leawood, KS.
See Leawood Dermatologists and Leawood Internists.