A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Schwartz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Schwartz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Schwartz, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Undescended Testis (Cryptorchidism)
Education & Awards
Dr. Schwartz graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Schwartz has 38 hospital affiliations:
- LIJ Schneiders Childrens Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schwartz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David L. Schwartz practice?
Dr. David Schwartz practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Radiation Oncology, and Therapeutic Roentgenology near New Hyde Park, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Brooklyn, NY and Northport, NY.
See New Hyde Park Surgeons, New Hyde Park Pediatric Surgeons, New Hyde Park Radiation Oncologists, and New Hyde Park Radiologists.