Dr. David Walters MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 26th, 2016
Would not recommend!

February 15th, 2016
no longer an option
I, unfortunately, have been in search for a new PCP and I was (patiently) a patient of Dr Walters for 2 years. He was referred to me by a friend who's whole family would also use him. During these 2 years, his services, attitude, and promptness has diminished. During a routine visit, covered by insurance, I informed him of what has been going on in between our visit(s), in case he wanted to be aware for a more accurate follow up. On my way I was told I had an additional fee, the office manager was rude when I explained he didn't treat me for what I reported, I simply informed him of what was going on. I asked to speak to him so he could clarify and he wouldn't come out (I'm not sure if the office manager just didn't tell him); I gave him several opportunities via email, voice message, and a clearly marked confidential letter, for the doctor only (which didn't remain confidential, his staff received and read it). This is the first time I experience a doctor not returning a message to his patient. Needless to say, after telling my friend about my experience with him the last couple of visits and then finally this officially final one, she informed me her and her family members have also been searching for a new PCP.

October 30th, 2015
Dr Walters seems to be a caring doctor. Our first visit he prayed with us and always spends a good amount of time with us. He is my mother's doctor and is always kind to her. The last few visits it seems he has given up on her. He told me to let him know if I decided to put her on hospice And he would sign her in. Dr. Walters was always a comfort to me and reassuring, telling me about his parents and how he has to take care of them too. But the office staff is something else. It takes several phone calls to get them to refill a prescription or anything else. Recently I waited a week for the hospice referral only to be told that she would need to come in because he hadn't seen her in four months. I explained that she couldn't come in that she was bedridden and too ill. The response was not kind or helpful. The office help is horrific but it may be on doctors orders to put things off. When I mentioned the delays to the doctor he seemed to be angry at me.

April 30th, 2015
makes rude comments
I am pretty surprised when Dr. Walters made a negative comment about my doctors that he didn't even know. Sometimes he is rude. I made an appointment to see him and I had to wait an hour. When he came in he was very hurried and not being attentive. He was also going in between two patients at a time and was very irritated and therefore he treated me rudely. Normally he is very pleasant and spends time with each one of his patients... this might have been just one of his off days.

June 3rd, 2014
Does not return calls
When you call the office to get information or lab results, they always say they'll call by the end of the day, but don't. You have to keep calling and calling. I've been trying for over a week to get lab reports. What's the point in getting tests if you don't get a diagnosis?

August 14th, 2013
Dr Walters is a very kind and caring doctor. He really wants the best for his patients. He doesn't rush through your visit just to get to his next patient. He listens and asks questions. He is interested in you. He is a Christian man and will talk about your spiritual life as well. I love this about him.

October 10th, 2012
Dr. Walters is an extremely caring doctor. He spends as much time you need to get to the heart of the problem you are having. He has a lab on site for blood work and urine analysis. Dr. Walters will refer you to a specialist when he knows he cannot make a diagnosis in his office. I recommend Dr. Walters to anyone looking for a primary care physician.

June 4th, 2012
I would rate Dr. Walters as only fair. I've always liked his PA's, but the staff is terrible. They don't get prescriptions and referrals done in a timely manner and tend to pass the buck for responsibility. It is very doubtful I will ever go back there again because of the unprofessionalism of the staff.

March 23rd, 2012
Leaves alot to be desired....
Dr. Walters has always been great but his staff is very uncaring, insensitive and don't seem to give a hoot about Dr. Walter's patients. If the way my family is treated continues, we may have to find another doctor so our visits and contacts with his office are a bit more pleasant.Recently, have called THREE times to get lab results with NO return calls.Also had a diagnosis that was obviously not just your every day illness and when condition flared up over the holidays, was told by a nurse at his office "Take an aspirin and go to CareNow." UNACCEPTABLE.

May 18th, 2011
He's a very good physician. His office staff is not as professional as he is. They are not as service oriented as he is. His PA Ms. Blair is very good and very thorough as well if you cannot get an appt. to see Dr. Walters.

December 8th, 2010
patient
very happy overall

March 10th, 2010
GREAT Doctor
Dr. Walters seems to be very knowledgeable, and will work to get you the best solution for what is wrong. He also has really good bedside manner, he seems to really care about how you are doing.