Dr. David Lange MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Saint Louis, MO

• Good
  • Bad

June 14th, 2016
DR LANGE DID SURGERY ON MY LOW BACK AND I AM PAIN FREE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 30 YEARS. HE IS AN EXCELLENT INDIVIDUAL AND WELL AS SURGEON WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE

November 10th, 2015
Work comp Doctor that will lie through his mealy mouth.

July 16th, 2013
I was a new patient to Dr. Lange coming to him with a previous surgery that had left me headed for a wheelchair. He was highly recommended to me by the orthopedic surgeon who needed to perform a total right knee replacement on me but couldn't due to my serious back problems. My problems were totally dismissed by the surgeon who did my initial surgery, and I had an MRI which I was told showed no abnormality. I was told by my referring physician that Dr. Lange does not mince words and shoots straight from the hip. I expected to be shuttled out the door like a patient with the plague doctors do not as a rule like to clean up others surgeon. problems. Dr. Lange reviewed my MRI, took his own x-rays, and examined me. I was amazed when he reviewed my MRI and showed me that I did in fact have a serious problem. The old surgery, rods and all, had collapsed, leaving me with a C-shaped lower spine. Without hesitation, Dr. Lange had my surgery scheduled, actually two. The first 6 hr. surgery, he chiseled out all the collapsed area, and three weeks later the second 6 hr. surgery involved inserting rods and screws to stabilize the back during recuperation. After surgery, I was able to stand up straight for the first time in years. After two years I am able to resume activities I never thought I would ever be able to do again. Dr. Lange is a talented surgeon who genuinely cares about his patients. He expects his patients to follow orders and work hard. In return, he gives you back a thing called "function". I have nothing but the deepest admiration and respect for this surgeon. If you want pretty words and pampering, find another doctor. If you want to get better, Dr. Lange is the doctor for you. He is my Obi-Wan Kenobi!

May 3rd, 2013
Disappointed
Dr David Lange I thought was coming up with every excuse why I was in pain and not looking at the facts that were in black and white right in front of him. He ignored the CT scan that said what was wrong and gave me these lame excuses what he thought it was. This man will never operate on me I would not let him operate on the neighbors dog if it bit my child. I was very very disappointed with him I think he is tired of operating and is needing to retire.

November 13th, 2015