Dr. David Levinsohn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Levinsohn?

December 15th, 2016

He is very professional and a wonderful doctor

October 31st, 2016

Excellent care from Dr. Levinsohn

I was in pain from arthritis in my right hip. Surgery was scheduled and a hip replacement performed. Dr. Levinsohn was outstanding with his before and after compassionate surgery care. He explained the procedure and expectations. I have been pain free since the surgery and appreciate his expertise in treating my condition. The wait times do vary because he has a very busy office, but it is worth the wait.

July 20th, 2015

Double knee replacement

Both knees replaced. Seven month recovery, doing fine.

January 23rd, 2015

Amazing MD, surgery wonderful result.Gave me my life back.So skilled and caring.Have complete confidence.Came to see me in hospital on weekend,OKd extra day stay as needed at no cost to me. Have no more pain after THR, painfree finally after 10 yrs!no cane needed anymore.He delivers as promised. Request him for your surgery!!His office team great too. He is a genius!

August 5th, 2014

Extraordinary Doctor

I am so grateful that I had Dr.Levinsohn for my doctor.He made me feel like Family instead of a patient.His skills are extraordinary! I had major issues with my knees so I knew it would be a long and difficult surgery. Dr Levinsohn took the challenge and gave me a total knee replacement. He took extra care with the surgery and recovery so everything came out perfect. I can now walk again without pain and have a better quality of life. I recommend him if you want the best Orthopedic Surgeon.

October 12th, 2013

Dr. Levinsohn is best doc ever -as good as the famed dr. Stone - skilled, knowledgeable, patient and great bedside manner

I've unfortunately had a couple sports med accidents, including a previous Achilles repair with another doc, so I've been around the ortho world. My experience with Dr. David Levinsohn, his staff, and partners, was wonderful. I couldn't have asked for more. This review goes on forever, so I'll start with saying that Dr. David Levinsohn is talented in surgery, knows the latest medical advancements/studies, and has a warm, patient personality!!!! He and his staff and partners are an all-star team. I am extremely diligent with my healthcare (gotta be your own advocate), and asked a TON of questions, yet dr. Levinsohn patiently and thoroughly answered each one, pacifying my concerns. First of all, after being examined by two other docs in Utah, it was dr. Levinsohn and Dr. Austerlitz, who were able to correctly diagnose my knee problem that was much more complicated than a simple acl tear. Thanks to their due diligence and flagging my MRI to the head of radiology to reexamine my scan, they accurately diagnosed my condition. After this, they reexamined me at the end of their day and ended up taking a full two hours looking at my knee, explaining the extent of the damage, and walking me through the surgy procedure that they were able to immediately line up. I left the office already knowing that I was in extremely capable hands and while I was scared as sh-- for what was to come, my mind was at ease knowing I'd made the right choice with my physician. I ended up finding that I dislocated my knee, anhilated my acl, partially tore my mcl, and partially tore my LCL (apparently a difficult feat to accomplish this much damage). Anyways, I went under and dr. Levinsohn reported the surgery went perfectly - better than expected. Dr. Austerlitz even came to assist, if needed, toward the end of surgery. I had an allograft acl replacement and the other two ligaments are healing naturally. I had the surgery about 7 months ago now, took 3.5 months disability to fully recover - treating my physical therapy like a full-time job, and am beyond pleased to share that I'm well on my way to recovery. Honestly, I had no idea my recovery could be this amazing, thanks to dr. Levinsohn (and his staff, rose, Betsy, and Delilah as well as dr. Austerlitz, pacific beach physical therapy and even dr. Freeman, Levinsohn's other partner who took two of my after hours calls and I've had the pleasure to meet a few times - I love that he knew my case inside and out before I even met him and needed after-hours help!!!). I can really go on and on and on about what a pleasure it was to see dr. Levinsohn. I just can't say enough good things, and neither can my dad who accompanied me to numerous appointments. My dad went to the famed dr. Stone clinic years ago for his acl repair and was equally impressed with dr. Levinsohn (if not more so). I mean, dr. Levinsohn even took amazing pre and post surgery precautions with me, including having me on lovenox (blood thinner administered via twice daily shots) post op due to the risk of blood clots, thanks to the severity of my injury. But now, I'm well on track to run, hike, ski, do Pilates, yoga, etc. once my final restrictions are lifted in march, a year out. After my Achilles, from which I never really recovered, I am feeling better than ever. As a 30-year-old active woman who loves working out and pushing myself, I'm thrilled to know that this knee injury won't hold me back. Again, thanks to dr. Levinsohn and pacific beach physical therapy. I've had crappy docs and good ones and dr. Levinsohn is the best doc ever. Admittedly, waiting room time may be a teensy it long at times, but don't let that deter you bc it just means he is giving excellent care to others and you'll be up next. What's a few extra minutes when this guy has the future of your mobility in hand?! Dr. Levinsohn is the best ever!!! And I never ever write reviews .... Thanks to him I just returned from 16 days in Europe walking around and even climbed the Eiffel Tower, just 5 months post op! I'll be sending postcards to everyone for the rest of my life. They are like friends now (which is funny bc I read someone else's google review that said the same!!)

July 4th, 2012

Great doctor

Very nice and caring ...did I mention CARING! Not found amongst the other doctor's I met. He's very fast to help me and my recovery. He's very knowledgeable and took care of me ...the best! I would recommend him to any one who is looking for fast service and immediate recovery :)

December 1st, 2011

Simple and fantastic. Turn around from months of pain and relief within the day of surgery. I would recommend Dr. Levinsohn to anyone.

November 30th, 2011

long wait time

November 2nd, 2011

Great Doc

Outstanding physician!! Best possible!

October 24th, 2011

Least Punctual Doctor in San Diego?

My first appointment I had arrived 20 minutes early, and though I was the first patient they would see after their lunch break, I still waited almost an hour and a half to see the doctor. Dr. Levinsohn gave me a very careless injection, which caused sharp pains in my leg for days after. My second visit was just to receive a referral to a surgeon. The appointment lasted no longer than one minute, but I had to wait exactly an hour after my scheduled time. I would avoid this doctor at all costs, and the facility he is located in charges for parking.

July 18th, 2011

Solid!

Dude, This guy was awesome, not only did he make me feel comfortable. I was able to get back on the field of sports and travel within months. I strongly recommend this Doc and his staff. I've never been under the knife until I need re-constructive knee surgery, I look back now, and it seemed to have just been a breeze. When I think about great customer service, I think of this office, truly amazing people here.