Dr. David Cohen MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 6 reviews

November 16th, 2013
Behind the times
This doctor won't help you if you have Lyme disease. Don't waste your time - he doesn't believe in it, even if you have a CDC positive test.

May 5th, 2013
Horrible doctor
Still have no idea how this guy got his degree. Waited for the appointment for 4 weeks. Had a stack full of paperwork and was told in 5 minutes that he couldn't help me. The only thing he could suggest was a spinal tap (extremely inaccurate testing). I walked out knowing that I had an appointment with another doctor soon. Within the two weeks waiting for the other appointment I lost ten pounds, got down to 90lbs, my resting heart rate increased by 30%, I started having heart palpitations and vomiting. Severe insomnia, neurological issues. This is all on file with my PCP. When I got to the other doctor he was furious that I had been to another ID doc and he said he couldn't help me or suggest any other test. I was started immediately on an aggressive antibiotic regimen. Every aspect of my life has improved and I am working and functioning well again. Almost normal-My heart rate has come back down to 'almost normal' too I will be done with treatment shortly. My cardiologist confirmed that I had heart involvement associated with the illness. To date my parents are approaching their 70's and have never had any heart issues or even been to a cardiologist. Bottom line: I wouldn't let this guy treat my dog Also, his office tried to double bill me. Wasn't too much of a hassle to get it corrected.

July 17th, 2012
this doctor won't help you much
dr. cohen won't catch anything that isn't extremely obvious and doesn't require lots of office visits (if you have well-paying insurance). he is definitely NOT a doctor who became a physician to help people, it is all about the $$$. for a year this clown tested me for nothing except the same things my GP had already tested me for, and used antiquated tests for everything else. blamed his incompetence on me being a hypochondriac(?), saw a different IDD and got diagnosed accurately on the first visit.

December 28th, 2011
Great Care, the only one to diagnose
I came across Dr.Cohen in the Christiana Hosp. after being admitted. For weeks, no one diagnosed me accurately. He is warm, compassionate and got me back on track. He did not leave any stones unturned is very, very precise. One of the best I have met, sincerely....

January 19th, 2011
Great Care!
I have had the pleasure of knowing Dr Cohen since I was diagnosed with a chronic condition 11 yrs. ago. My first experience with him was when he was speaking at a conference and seemed to be very popular among the patients and staff attending. Over time I got to know him thru my own volunteer work and chose him to treat my condition. I receive excellent care from Dr. Cohen and would and do trust him with my life. Because of him and his kind staff I am a healthy and happy person who happens to have a chronic condition. Sometimes you do have to wait in the waiting room for a bit, but not to often. I always think "he's giving someone the care he gives me". Most important he is there when I need him. He has a great sense of humor and I would recommend him to anyone seeking a Great Doctor!

July 14th, 2010
Not helpful or professional.
The day prior to my appointment with Dr. Cohen, I called his office to confirm and be sure that they had everything necessary for my visit to go as smoothly as possible. As a new patient, I knew to arrive a minimum of 20 minutes early in order to allow ample time to complete all paper work. I arrived and checked in at approximately 1:40 for my 2:00 appointment; it wasn't until 2:30 that I was finally called and taken back to a waiting room. I was told that they were running behind schedule but that Dr. Cohen would be "just a few minutes." When he finally arrived at around 3:00, some 30 minutes later, he seemed far more interested in making snide comments and treating me as if I had no business bothering him. Overall, his mannerism was arrogant, pretentious, smug, and extremely abrasive. I felt humiliated, disoriented, and left far more confused about my condition than when I had arrived. The total time Dr. Cohen spent attempting to "help" me was about 15 minutes during which time he seemed more interested in belittling me as a patient or impressing the young medical student who was also in the exam room. He seemed very unsympathetic, uncaring, and snide. The whole experience was by far one of the most unpleasant I have ever had in a doctor's office. As a result of this, I would not recommend him to any one seeking answers for a medical problem.