Dr. David Davis MD Patient Reviews

January 17th, 2017
Dr. Davis is the best psychiatrist I have been to. He is extremely knowledgeable and caring. After years of trying to find the right medication, Dr. Davis was the only doctor who could help me find the right one. His office is comfortable and scheduling appointments is a breeze. I highly recommend Dr. Davis.

December 29th, 2016
Dr. Davis has been integral to promoting success both internally and externally in my life. What an explicit difference I have seen from the person I was before I met him and the person I am only six months later! When I met Dr. Davis, I had already been through treatment centers, therapists, and psychiatrists; I thought I had learned every tool of DBT, CBT, attachments etc. available. How wrong I was! Dr. Davis is an insanely bright, straightforward and logical voice of reason. He simplifies, pinpoints and expedites the process of self-awareness, eliminating behavioral and decision making patterns that cause turmoil and roadblocks in your mind, relationships, and life. Before Dr. Davis I was in a constant state of fear and anxiety with a complete lack of motivation to start my life over one more time. I had overcome many obstacles in previous years but was still emotionally suffering from them. I had no belief that my life could be anything other than a cycle of hurt and was exhausted trying believe otherwise. I was afraid of everything – I had no cell phone, lived at home, and was complacent to continue down that road until Dr. Davis showed me how out-of-touch I was in my thinking and my impossible plan to protect and incubate myself from life. Now, we frequently laugh about the beliefs I let dictate my life - how far removed I had become from reality operating for almost two years as a millennial without a cell phone. Everything clicked when he said “just because you get in a car accident, doesn’t mean you never get in a car again.” Over and over again his honest and frank reasoning is just simply impossible to argue against - it generates humor, opens new doors for my mind and makes perfect sense. The reality behind everything we discuss is so helpful for a person like myself who is curious and consonantly trying to figure out why everything is the way it is, including myself. Some things simply cannot be figured out and should be left alone. Others take time, need practice, or different experiences to integrate into the daily thought process. Just recognizing this is key for me. He has helped me put people’s opinions into suggestions instead of facts. Now I live on my own, have a job and cell phone, and even started practicing martial arts, something I never thought I would try or much less stick with! But more so than what my life looks like to everyone else, on the inside it is remarkable the positivity he has restored within me, the sense of humor I can see in the beliefs that trap me from moving forward, and the way I have realigned the way I process the world to improve the results. It is so comforting knowing regardless of what else life brings, I have a new and realistic perspective to ground me, as well as a person that will always remind me when I forget! I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Davis to anyone seeking growth and knowledge in their life. I love that he challenges me in very tough but very rewarding ways. Dr. Davis reinvented, broke and broadened the parameters I put on my mind and the possibilities for my life. It is a treat to be able to discuss deep ideas and meanings with someone so astute!

November 12th, 2016
Dr. Davis is not only a skilled professional but he clearly cares about his patients and their well being. I have struggled and have been misdiagnosed for 20 years. After my first appointment I left with clarity, hope and a plan. Over the next several months Dr. Davis was not only able to switch me to the appropriate medications that made a huge difference but also equip me through therapy sessions to handle life is a way that was applicable to me. I have never felt more in control of my emotions, life and we'll being than after seeing Dr. Davis. I highly recommend him if you are ready for a change, willing to put in the effort and want a no nonsense highly trained doctor who gresults.

November 8th, 2016
Great Doctor who has helped my life!
Dr David Davis practice has an excellent psychiatric practice. I have great respect for him & staff. Also, I have shared my case with the him & he's been a great help! Doctor Davis has helped me very much when Kaiser Doctors system kick me to the curb after the Obama care started & I lost everything. Doctor Davis is not free but he is worth every penny! He is very smart, professional Doctor & totally thorough. I highly recommend Dr David Davis of Newport Beach, CA.

November 6th, 2013
Outstanding
Dr. Davis is an exceptional therapist. I went to see him about 8 months after having my first baby. I had seen another doctor prior to Dr. Davis who prescribed Lamictal to me for post-partum depression. I had a very difficult time emotionally after having my child, and when I went to see Dr. Davis, he took me off Lamictal, and we worked on getting me on solid footing again. I quickly began to feel a sense of relief and confidence. Dr. Davis is very direct and to the point, he doesn't waste time, he answers questions (how many times have you asked a shrink "what's wrong with me?" and they just stare at you like a deer in headlights?). Dr. Davis gave me his opinion and a way out. I've experienced some extremely traumatic events in my life and Dr. Davis has a way of making them seem not so big and overwhelming. He has a personable sense of humor and I feel there is a real relationship, true empathy and understanding and a genuine sense of curiosity on his end that keeps him engaged in helping me deal with my challenges. If you want to make real progress and not waste time, go see Dr. Davis.

October 27th, 2012
I don't know what I would do without him!!!
Dr. Davis is a kind, caring, thoughtful, compassionate, and highly skilled psychiatrist. He is always easy to get in touch with should anything urgent come up - or if I have a question that I neglected to ask during my regular appointment. Both his inner office and waiting room offer a calming, pleasant, comfortable atmosphere. His staff is always very thoughtful and helpful. I can highly recommend him to anyone in need of a physician within his area of expertise. (As an aside, one of the rating questions was 'waiting time' - the lowest number I could check was 5 minutes, but in reality it is always less than that.)