inactive

David M Feinstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 24th, 2016
Became sicker under his care.
Failed to return calls for days even when having drug reactions. More interested in dictating information into computer system inaccurately than listening. Continued to recommend new and sample medications which were new rather than using medications that had a proven track record! Even after I had two severe allergic reactions, the second recommending hospitalization. Made derogatory comments about being thin. Just didn't listen or seem to want to understand.

August 28th, 2015
Unknown growth on thyroid
I'm a huge fan of Dr. Feinstein. I not a good patient. Have great fear of Dr.s and needles. I had a fluid filled sack on my thyroid. My gynecologist did blood tests, sonogram and sent me to a surgeon to have a biopsy. I decided to see Dr. Feinstein before even considering surgery. He biopsied it right in his office and drained the fluid. I actually let him stick a needle guided by sonogram in my neck. The biopsy came back inconclusive. Dr. Feinstein suggested we keep a close eye on it. That was in 2006. I have felt great with not one single problem since. My other Drs. Would have taken out my thyroid and I'd be on drugs the rest of my life. I don't like many Drs., but Feinstein is an exceptional Dr. I trusted him when he put that needle in my neck. I was scared to death. I'm a giant ninny when it comes to Drs. His nurse let me squeeze the heck out of her hand and they got me through it with no numbing at all. Didn't hurt too bad. Yes, you always have to wait. He's always behind, but that is because he listens to you. He's all business, but he actually takes the time to hear what you are saying. He's not all warm and fuzzy, but he makes you feel comfortable because he listens. He's also hard to get into. I had to practically beg I was so desperate. My insurance was not that good and he worked with me. I recommend Dr. Feinstein. He's worth the wait.

May 8th, 2015
Dr. Feinstein is very thorough--the staff is NOT friendly

June 23rd, 2014
Would not recommend
I saw Dr. Feinstein for undiagnosed issues related to not being able to lose weight in spite of dieting and exercising (including crossfit for about a year). I could run a mile but could not lose weight. His response to that was, "If we stopped feeding you, you'd lose weight." I was very disappointed because he was extremely knowledgeable in my theory of what is causing my issues, and he still treated me like I was lying. I told him how I had gotten sick and could barely eat for about 2 weeks (and still did not lose weight), and all he did was roll his eyes. When my test came back abnormal to support my theory of what's wrong, his nurse accused me of doing the test wrong, which I had not done. It's just a shame and waste for someone to be so knowledgeable and yet be so rude and uncaring towards his patients. I am not headed to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota in an attempt to get better because they believed there was merit to my theory when I sent all of my test results. He also seemed to want to get me in and out of his office as quickly as possible. He was extremely rushed and decided he knew what was wrong with me before I even finished going over everything. But he had just gotten back from a month long vacation, so I guess maybe he was feeling the pressure from that. Even so, his vacations shouldn't interfere with his patients' health. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

February 19th, 2014
patient
Dr. Feinstein is likeable and he listens to you. However, I was a lot disappointed when we were not able to successfully, bring my thyroid problem under control. I have had this disease for years and have never had a doctor not able to successfully treat me in a relatively short period of time. My prior endocrinologist must have been a wizard! He had me in remission in effortlessly.

January 25th, 2014
Emngineer
the best in business , patient , probing and flexible. He cares and takes time to understand how your A1c got high or low. He is not a pill popper but listens to the patient at the same time he will tell you what you must do. I like the fact he personalized your visit by recording the story and including me in his story. His staff are well trained and always on time. He is the very best specialist and I recommend him on any day or time. Thanks vk

May 17th, 2013
DEFINITELY would NOT recommend this doctor!
Would usually wait anywhere between 30 minutes to over an hour before seeing the doctor. That was different time in morning and afternoon. After waiting nearly an hour to see Dr. Feinstein I would feel that he just wanted to get me in and out as quick as possible. He is knowledgeable in his specialty but felt like he had no true care in my health and I was just $$ in his pocket.

June 8th, 2012
Excellent Doc.. Has an indepth knowledge of the disease

March 17th, 2010
I love this man!
He makes the Best Doctors list every year for a reason. He listens, he cares, he is good at what he does. I highly recommend him! He takes good care of me, and I am happy!

January 12th, 2010
I've been his patient over 30 years. With my poor medical history, I've seen many, many drs in my life, and Dr. Feinstein is the best I've ever had. I believe he's one of the best diabetic doctors in teh country. He's treated other members of my family for various endocrinolgy problems, and we couldn't be more pleased. His staff has always been first rate also.