Overall Review

June 15th, 2016
excellent at diagnosing and squeezing you in
i first saw him at an urgent care facility, then switched to him as my primary care. in an urgent scenario they will squeeze you in, even if you just need to show up and wait. explains annual testing and lets you choose if you can afford each one based on necessity. accurately prescribed a medicine that solved my unspecified neuralgia pain. i will trying to switch my elderly aunt to him - her current doctor is a putz.

December 4th, 2015
He is very thorough. If you ask any questions he is patient and tells you what you need to hear. Very funny. Staff can be very rude.

November 20th, 2015
Excellent office
Dr. Mayer is an excellent physician all around. He's very kind and compassionate, listens well and he explains things so that you can understand. His staff is very busy but if you give them a little time they will get back to you with every result and do everything they can to help you. I have a healthcare management background and noticed that some patients are upset with paying copays, paying deductibles and other bills and presenting their insurance cards. Healthcare today is expensive and these clinicians have A LOT of overhead to pay for. It's important to remember it's a business and he and his staff need to be paid. If you make some sort of effort to pay your bill monthly (even small amounts) then that is acceptable. Dealing with patients all day long is very draining. Don't be demanding, be appreciative and kind and you will receive the same treatment. This office is excellent and I would advise anyone to seek his professional help. He catches things other doctors don't!

May 20th, 2015
Great Doctor
I rarely take the time to write a review but I wanted to let anyone know that was looking at this dr. is well worth it. He was so kind to me and took the time to actually help and really cared! I appreciated it so much. He made me feel like someone finally is going to help me and I am a new patient. The office staff were so friendly as well. I had to get my blood drawn as well and the lady at Quest in the same building was WONDERFUL too! If you are looking for a Dr, you can't go wrong here!

May 7th, 2015
Great doctor...I would recommend him to anyone

February 15th, 2013
oh my gosh!! the office staff is superb, thank you. Highly professional, treats people with dignity. Someone actually answers the phone and calls back when a message is left-what a novel concept. Dr Mayer is great, very matter of fact, easy to talk to. What a great Dr, great office staff-thank you for being a great Dr/medical staff/office...it is greatly appreciated.

March 27th, 2012
Great Primary Care
Dr. Mayer's office is great the staff is always friendly and helpful and Dr. Mayer is always helpful and follows through with phone calls when needed. I always have a positive visit, even when I am sick.

February 16th, 2012
Dr. Mayer and his staff are always helpful-even if they are booked with appointments for they day they can always squeeze you in. Dr. Mayer is always understanding with whatever it is that I may be having a problem with. I feel very comfortable talking to him and trust that he is going to give the best diagnosis or advise. The ladies in the office are always so nice as well! And he treats my grandparents very well :)

February 9th, 2012
I have been under the care of Dr. Mayer since 1981. I can tell you that you will not find a more compassionate and caring individual. During one medical issue back in the 80's he had me flown to the Cleveland Clinic where they specialized in a life saving procedure. Since my first visit I have reccommended him to many. Dr. Mayer has been caring for three generations of our family. I can also tell you it is a great feeling of comfort to be able to ask the doctor a question and get a response explained in detail. I have had the feeling with other doctors that I was taking too much of their time and they were too busy or really did not care. If you are looking for a great doctor who cares you must give Dr. Mayer a call. You will not be disappointed!

May 2nd, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr Mayer for about 20 years and have never had a problem. He has always been professiaonal and very helpful in my health care.

March 30th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Mayers for about 35 years and I would NEVER even think about changing to another even though I have moved much further away from his office. There is none better! Dr. Mayer is the consummate diagnostician and has always been right on the money, so to speak, every time. I have complete confidence in him. He is a true humanitarian and treats the whole person and always interested in his patients as people and not just "a case." I am thrilled to be able to sing his praises. I feel fortunate that he is my internist. I can't say enough good things about him.Footnote: I have a daughter that has an ailment called RSD which is a neurological pain disorder which has compromised her immune system and magnifies every health issue. She has had 8 severe staph infections in the past 6 months. She has been to many specialists to try and discover why she keeps getting them especially since each consecutive one is worse than the last. I had to see Dr. Mayer myself for a health issue last week and when I brought him up to date on my daughters numerous staph infections (she lives in FL) he asked if her husband had been checked to see if he carries the staph infection himself and the cause of reinfecting her and suggest he should be tested. I told my son in law what Dr.Mayer said so he figured he had nothing to loose. I just heard that he in fact is carrying himself the infection and must be reinfecting her. His question to me was why NO OTHER doctor down there & in Phila. where she went for an IVIG infusion including several renown specialist never thought of this simple reason for her repeated bouts.

March 25th, 2011
Dr Mayer has been my family doctor for 20 years. It's always been easy to get an appointment, and he listens well and always gives common sense advice and accurate diagnoses. If he doesn't know something (at one point, I had something rare), he wasn't afraid to tell me he was going to ask a specialist and get back to me. I trust him, and that's the highest praise I can give.