David Shafer, MD
Midtown East
10 E 53rd St
New York, NY 10022
212-888-7770
Locations and availability (3)

|  He's Great!  |  show details
by Beth Hamilton on Nov 27th, 2013

Dr. Shafer is amazing. His technique was great. My abdominal scar is barely visible and my result is better than I expected it to be. His bedside manner is better than any other plastic surgeon in NYC that I met with. I can't say enough good things about him and my experience.

|  Breast Reconstruction  |  show details
by TTT111 on Sep 11th, 2013

I will be forever grateful to Dr. Shafer! I turned to him for a breast reconstructive surgery, which included a breast augmentation and mastopexy two years ago after being introduced to him by Beauty Broker, Melinda Farina. Prior to meeting Dr. Shafer, I had a severe case of asymmetric breasts and had traveled to Colombia for corrective plastic surgery, performed by another surgeon. The results were no less than gruesome. After two months of being back in the states, it was more than evident I was left with mutilated my breasts. The implant in my left breast began sliding down, out of place towards my rib cage. My left nipple was repositioned at an abnormal height. My breast also began to hardened into a square mold and caused indentations/air pockets down my cleavage. I lost sensitivity in the outer/lower region of my left breast and often felt pain surrounding the muscle region. On the right side, my breast had settled into an unnatural balloon like form, while my nipple was left off-centered. After consulting Dr. Shafer, I discovered furthermore damage had been done including incorrect positioning and sizing of implants to the botching of my chest muscle. I was physically and emotionally shattered. Dr. Shafer accomplished what I thought to be the impossible. I now have close to proportional breasts/nipples that not only look amazing, but also feel as natural as could be! I have regained some sensitivity back in my left breast and general scarring has faded away nicely over time. I have shared the results with those whom are close to me and have gotten very positive feedback! Dr. Shafer is truly a brilliant plastic surgeon. He is a doctor with a heart of gold, who genuinely cares and listens to your concerns. Additionally, I commend Dr. Shafer’s amicable staff. Elaine, his assistant, was especially kindhearted and made sure to follow up with me every step of the way. Most importantly, Dr. Shafer produces positive results and is fully equip with the latest innovative technology to meet your goals. Please excuse the lengthiness of my review. I hope that this is of help to anyone who regrettably finds themselves in a similar position or is looking for a talented plastic surgeon – you can trust you are in good hands with Dr. Shafer!

|  Dr. Shafer is the best  |  show details
by S.W on Aug 7th, 2013

Well I'm back! A year and a half after my first lipo, I'm all set for my breast lift. After giving birth, no amount of crunches were doing it for me. My tummy lipo is rocking at the beach this summer. Boobs here I come. You changed my life Dr. Shafer, thank you!!!!!!!

Nov 8th, 2012

To Dr. Shafer and his great staff,After all was said and done--and I waited for the results of the adjustment of Juvederm to settle down--I must compliment you on your extraordinary skill. Thank you,and I hope to see you soon for a "refresher."

|  So Talented and So Kind  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

I recommend Dr. Shafer to everyone. I saw him to talk about a facelift. He suggested instead that I do a little surgery on my eyelids and some liposuction under my (double-ish) chin and jawline. I am so glad I saw him. He is a facelift expert which is why i went to him. But he persuaded me to do this much lesser procedure. I am SO thrilled with how I look. I was awake during the surgery and it was no big deal except results are phenomenal, natural, perfect. He very easy to talk to as well by the way. Really listens, really discusses.

|  Amazing Liposuction  |  show details
by SW on Feb 26th, 2011

Very helpful and highly talented. After seeing many other doctors about liposuction, I booked a consultation with Dr. Shafer. I had read many great reviews and decided to see Dr. Shafer. I do not live in New York, so I arranged to email Dr. Shafer's office photos that I took of my body. He talked with me over the phone and I decided to go to New York for the consult. During the appointment, Dr. Shafer really seemed focused on what he was doing and showed a true understanding of what I was looking for. He thought I would be a good candidate for the procedure and we booked it for later that week. I am so happy with my results. I am so happy that I had the surgery.

|  Cheek Bones  |  show details
by JC on Feb 21st, 2011

As I have aged, my cheek bones are less prominent and visibly look older. I saw several doctors and consultations that only suggested surgery for cheek implants. When I saw Dr. Shafer, he offered me Juvederm injections on the cheekbones to help fill the missing volume. We did the treatment on that visit. He just needs a few shots, but it made a big difference right away. I recommended Dr. Shafer to my friend and my two sisters already. He is excellent!

|  Eyelids  |  show details
by BT on Feb 20th, 2011

My eyelids were hanging more and more each year, and that seems much older than I should be. I was having trouble applying makeup and was not happy. My sister and I went to the office of Dr. Shafer for surgery. He conducted a surgery of the eyelids in the office and only took about an hour. The sutures were removed four days later and I'm back to work and feel much better about myself. I never thought that plastic surgery can be as easy and make a significant difference. I am indebted to Dr. Shafer skills and very happy with the results.

|  Love my Chin  |  show details
by UN on Feb 6th, 2011

I hated the fat under my chin. Dr. Shafer did Smartlipo in his office and I could see the results right away. For anyone interested in surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Shafer

|  Phenomenal results - huge fan of Dr Shafer right here!  |  show details
by MT on Jun 25th, 2010

Dr. Shafer is an exceptionally talented surgeon with exceptional care & attention to detail. His bedside manner is so genuine - you can feel immediately that you are in great hands. I have seen him for botox, fillers, liposuction and most recently SmartLipo over the years. He explains things thoroughly, asks and answers questions so warmly. Even if he didn't make the experience so wonderful, his results speak for themselves. I have recommended him to friends and family far the vote is unanimous - he's the best.

|  Smart Lipo  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2010

I had an amazing experience with Dr. Shafer..He is one of the kindest and most caring doctors I've ever meet.And to me that's hard to find...It was a very positive experience with him and with the office staff.I never had to wait over 5 to 10 minutes for my appointment.They always return my call when I had questions..i would highly recommend Dr. Shaferand I love my Lipo!!! My stomach has never been so flat.

|  Smart Lipo solved a problem  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2010

I had tummy fat since I was a teen. Sit up and dieting never helped.This is a non-invasive method with only a few days down side. I had it done 2 years ago and my stomach is still flat!

Jun 4th, 2010

As a professional celebrity Hair stylist and Makeup artist, image is very important. Not only are people looking at your makeup and hair to see how you style yourself...they also look at your age, body, shape and skin. After I turned forty I felt the competition breathing down my back of younger hotter stylists. I wanted to feel better about me. I worked out often and took great care of my skin. I still was not where I wanted to be. I went to see Dr Shafer and he did some procedures on me. I had traditional lipo, smart lipo and botox. I feel so great and look even better. He is a perfectionist and takes care and pride in his work. His bedside manner is one of compassion, sincerity and confidence. I have recommended him to many clients and all of them have thanked me profusely and sang his praises as well. He is the best!!!!!

Jun 3rd, 2010

Dr Shafer is very low key, but obviously brilliant.His viewpoint and treatment are fully explained and expertly performed.As a cosmetic surgeon his advice is very personal. His objective and achievement is to help me, as a man, to look better and more youthful, not different.

|  Dr. Shafer's Magic Hands  |  show details
by Lee G. on Jun 2nd, 2010

I was reluctant for years to do anything about my chicken skin neck, drooping eyelids, and bumpy jawline. David Shafer was recommended to me by a friend who is a dermatologist. AS soon as I met and talked with Dr. Shafer, I decided to go ahead with the procedure. He inspired trust. He is clearly an honest and caring physician. The procedure worked out well. I look natural...not pulled and tight-faced. If I could, I'd go on TV and sing his praises. Post-surgical care was also excellent. Meet with him and, I am sure, you will have the same reaction as mine.

|  Awesome Experience  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2010

I went to dr shafer with concerns about my weight. He suggested liposuction to jump start a diet. I agreed. The operation went very smoothe and Dr shafer was very supportive. I am so glad that I decided to have this procedure and I am proud to say that it was done by him.

by ANDREA REYNOLDS on Jun 1st, 2010

my experience with Dr Shafer in 3 words.COULDN'T BE BETTER

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2010

Dr. Shafer took extra time to explain the procedures to me and his office staff made me feel very welcome.

|  Top notch on all counts  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2009

brilliant surgeon, listens, asks great questions, super nice, had my best interest in mind from start to finish

|  Perfect Botox  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2008

My Botox was perfect from Dr. Shafer.

|  Excellent  |  show details