Dr. David Magee MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

February 23rd, 2016
Dr. McGee and his staff are wonderful

June 18th, 2015
He doesnt care
I went in to see Dr David Magee on Monday for chronic nausea (over a period of almost four years), and was told with "oh, you have seen other GI doctors before. Yes, if one isnt able to diagnose me and just wants to pump me full of meds to "fix the problem without getting to the bottom of it", i am entitled to a second or third opinion, no? Also, when describing my symptoms, I was met with intense questioning of whether or not "my marijuana use had anything to do with my nausea and vomiting". Even after I answered no, he just kept on and on about it and even told me that if I quit for two weeks I may see an improvement. I have never done illegal substances in my life, nor do I ever intend to, and for him to suggest so another four times, even after I answered no the first time is offensive, unprofessional and uncalled for. Another thing is that I had a stabbing side rib/abdominal pain when I was at my appointment, and could barely sit/stand without it hurting, and he just went on and on and ignored the fact that I was in pain. I kept on bringing it up and got NOTHING. So I left in pain, which is pathetic. He could have at least examined me. I get the feeling that this doctor does not really care about what is wrong with you and is just in it for the money. Sad that there are so many idiots in the universe. I'd rather chronically throw up for the rest of my life than to deal with him again.

March 18th, 2015
Avoid this lazy, aloof, uncaring doctor.
Absolutely pathetic excuse for a doctor. Spent almost no time with me. In a rush. Would not even comment on my my original complaint. Only wanted to do what proved to be an incomplete endoscopy, and colonoscopy. There were serious findings on the report - he told me "everything was fine". It was not. This doctor is a lazy, aloof, way too comfortable disaster waiting for YOU, or, I should say, your insurance company. Avoid him at all costs............. Avoid this doctor

October 28th, 2013
My initial visit with Dr Magee
My husband has been to Dr. Magee multiple times in the past few years. He has always had a great bedside manner and explained the outcome of the tests on my husband each time. I made my appointment easily, I was surprised how quickly I was taken to the back. He was easy to talk to about my concerns. he took family history into consideration before deciding which tests to do. He decided to do a blood test before scheduling an endoscopy in addition to the colonoscopy. They promptly called me to discuss the results of the blood test and okay the addition of the endoscopy. We like him and would refer him to our family.