Dr. David Mahon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

November 14th, 2016
I was diagnosed with acute appendicitis in the ER at Northwest Community Hospital after being transferred from a Northwest Community Immediate Care Center. While I clearly received outstanding care in the emergency room and at the treatment center, I wasn't quite sure "everything would be all right" until I met Dr. Mahon. He took time to explain the surgical procedure in detail to me, while offering some insight into the post-surgical recovery period. I was extraordinarily uncomfortable, had not slept in 36 hours, and was concerned about the fact my husband was hundreds of miles away on a business trip. He was competent, compassionate and understanding.

June 23rd, 2016
Dr. Mahon took care of my dad's wound and was able to heal it after no one else could. He is a Navy veteran -- as in my dad -- and he took the time to listen to my dad's stories and sincerely seemed interested. We were very happy with Dr. Mahon and appreciated his kindness as well.

August 18th, 2015
Highly Recommend
I had a scheduled gallbladder surgery with Dr. Mahon. He was wonderful, answering all my questions throughout. When visiting him in the office prior to the surgery and post surgery he was right on time. I would recommend him to anyone needing surgery.

June 28th, 2015
I am very impressed with Dr. Mahon. So much that I highly recommend him. He was my surgeon for an emergency surgery. I find him to be very professional and kind. He treats you like you really matter. He has great bedside manners and you feel comfortable around him. Please book an appointment with Dr. Mahon for your surgical needs. You will be happy you chose him.

January 29th, 2011
Took Good Care Of Our Son
After experiencing persistent abdominal pain, we ended up taking our young adult son to NW Community Hospital's Emergency Room, where he was diagnosed with appendicitis. The surgeon that night was Dr. Mahon, who was very reassuring and upbeat, helping to ease an uncomfortable patient (and parents!)...Dr. Mahon didn't just "treat him like a number" but answered specific questions about anticipated recovery, and even wrote a special "note to his college teachers" addressing possible delay of final exams before he was discharged from the hospital. The only difficulty was getting in to see Dr. Mahon for a follow-up appointment after surgery, but overall, his care was great!