A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Markel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Markel, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Markel, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Markel graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Markel has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center
- Saint Joseph Mercy Saline Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Markel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David C. Markel practice?
Dr. David Markel practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Southfield, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Novi, MI and Ypsilanti, MI.
See Southfield Orthopedic Surgeons.