My Thoughts on David Scott May M.D. show details My Thoughts on David Scott May M.D.
Aug 12th, 2010

I have seen David for perhaps 2-3 years. I was referred to him by another of his patients and friend, because my previous psychiatrist retired. My issues are primarily anxiety, depression and sleeping. He meets with patients out of his funky house in the hills above West L.A. It is a very comfortable environment. He is well educated and very smart, I think a Yale grad. He is usually pretty punctual, takes copious notes, and his both a good at listening and making suggestions. David is a bit on the pricey side, does not accept any insurance, will provide a super bill. I use a different person for most of my psychotherapy, and David for primarily medicine. On scale of 1-10, I would give him a 9 to a 9.5. He is worth it if you can afford him. I would suspect that most of his client base are wealthy west l.a./ valley professionals, entertainment or successful business people. David I sense, does this truly for the love of psychiatry, and seems to really enjoy what he does.