Dr. David Mayman MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery New York, NY

February 17th, 2017
Hip replacement
Dr. Mayman is the best! I have had no problems since he replaced by right hip in 2012.

January 5th, 2017
Dr. Mayman is thorough in explaining the pros and cons of knee surgery.

December 2nd, 2016
It will soon be three years since I had total knee replacement and I am now pain free and able to do anything. I recently won a gold medal in a 5K race for my age which is 74. I am so grateful to Dr. Mayman for giving me back my full life.

June 27th, 2016
Dr. Mayman is a surgeon...he loves his job and he's good at it.

June 6th, 2016
the best!
he replied my hip nd knee and i about to replace my other hip...fantastic!!

August 10th, 2015
THR
As the reviews listed below Dr. Mayman was the doctor for my procedure for sure. I was also amazed how several hours after surgery the PT was at my bed encouraging me to walk as , I took 3steps and felt completely weak , with not much feeling in my leg from ansthesia. Next morning PT return to my room and we walk to his room , did a few stairs about 150feet or so less then 24hours later. A few hours later 200plus feet and more stairs. Next morning right to a cane and on my way home. It's been a little of 2 weeks and already up to 4 1/2 miles and almost walking normal up stairs with out cane. Also I failed to mentioned having really no pain other then sore muscles. Completely impressed and thoroughly happy with my decision of having Dr. Mayman the HSS team perform my THR. I would highly recommend Dr. Mayman and HSS team, hands down the best!

April 20th, 2015
Outstanding Doctor who you must consider for a Hip Replacement
I met with (3) Doctors regarding a THR, two were in upstate NY for where Im located and Dr Mayman who is in the city. After meeting with them all, I knew that what Dr Mayman had to offer with his computer approach and the lowest infection rate in the county (HSS), that Dr. Mayman would be my surgeon. I arrived at HSS at 2PM for a 5PM surery. The staff and Dr Mayman were very conforting before the surgery. I was out of Surgery at 7:30pm. The next morning the PT got me out of bed at 10:00 am. I walked with a walker over 200 feet. an hour later the same PT came back with a cane and I walked over 300 feet with out any problems. I did my stairs as required before you can leave without any problems also. The minor stiffness that I had was amazing and I was so impressed with how I felt so quickly. On my way back to my bed, Dr Mayman was walking my way to come and see me, he was very impressed on how well I was walking. Dr Mayman consulted with the PT and both of them had no reason to keep me. I was discharge at 2:00pm, 18 Hours after I was out of surgery. I left the Hospital and headed back home to upstate NY. In three days I was able to walk without a cane, and without any limp. My incision is about 3" and looks great, I am better than ever and so Happy that I selected Dr David Mayman. Its now 9 weeks later and I have never felt better and no pain or limp at all in my hip. Thanks Dr. Mayman you are Outstanding, and I would strongly recommend you for a THR..

June 30th, 2014
does not get back to you in a timely matter and you suffer until he does if he gets back to you
Dr. Mayman is a very good doctor but if you are having surgery and it's just a scope I feel that it is less important to him then his knee and hip replacements. He does not always talk to family members after surgery which I feel is so unprofessional. I would definitely think twice if I needed surgery to have him do it because you need someone who will be there for you throughout the recovery period and for questions you may have. I was told by his office manager that he doesn't call back patients and I think that is not a dedicated doctor to me. You make your choice.

March 24th, 2013
Still have my hip
I had broken my right femoral neck in an accident in physical therapy at another NY hospital and had opted to have it pinned rather than replaced. I had complications in healing and went to see Dr. Mayman. He suggested a replacement because it would be a faster healing time but sensing my reluctance ( after already being on crutches for 3 months) agreed to a plan of meds and P/T. Three years later I'm walking without a limp with my hip intact. His staff, Michael and Heather, are great as well.

November 8th, 2012
Great Experience
Dr. Mayman and his staff exceed my expectations for medical care. They are friendly, quick to answer questions, professional and all around great people. I am soooo glad Dr. Mayman performed my THR, he is top notch .

February 13th, 2012
thanx
I came in with a lot of pain in my knee that made it difficult to walk. He did a partial knee replacement and I was able to start walking unaided in three days. Now, I can walk again. I feel like a reborn person. I compared notes with friends and I am sure I got the best possible care.

July 30th, 2011
Fantastic
Best doctor at best hospital with best staff. I had 5 years of hip pain before I met Dr. Mayman, now I am on my bike, playing tennis and planning on skiing again this winter, ALL PAIN FREE. Thanks Dr. Mayman