Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

by Daniel O on Feb 18th, 2015

Everyone down from Dr. Mayo to his nurses & other staff have been excellent! Each and every question you have will be answered and you'll be well informed before you decide on treatment. Dr. Mayo spends time with his patients to make sure they are informed & comfortable. The wait time is no problem, I would rather see a doctor that cares for his patients than going somewhere else where you'll be in and out without all the information you need. I had hip replacement done by Dr. Mayo and I am very thankful. My surgical scar is very neat compared to others I've seen. Surgery was a breeze and Dr. Mayo explained exactly what was going to happen before surgery. He was friendly and polite to me and my family and even check in on me in the hospital to answer any questions and to make sure you are healing well.

Great Surgeon show details Great Surgeon
Feb 3rd, 2015

Highly recommend, performed my husbands two hip surgery. Staff is friendly, little wait time.

Ms. show details Ms.
by Irina Elkin on Apr 10th, 2013

I think it will be very difficult to find doctor better then Dr. Mayo. I had surgery for my left hip on March 14, 2013. It was the second surgery done by Dr. Mayo for me. The first one was done for right hip in 2010. Both times I had no complications and easy and fast recovery. I would definitely recommend Dr Mayo to my friend. Only Dr. Mayo and nobody else. Thank you so much Dr. Mayo.

Very Satisfied show details Very Satisfied
Feb 15th, 2012

Had a replacement hip replaced affter 10 years. He was just great, very caring and Beaumont could not have been better.

Carolyn Barr show details Carolyn Barr
Jan 23rd, 2012

Dr. Mayo and his staff are/have been amazing. I had a total right hip replacement and three weeks after surgery feel better than I have in three years. Dr. Mayo is highly skilled, professional and caring. I owe him a big "thank you."

Jan 19th, 2012

I was extremely impressed and perfectly satisfied with two recent total hip-joint replacements performed by Doctor David Mayo. Doctor Mayo is extremely precise, very talented and very, very efficient in performing these surgeries! I think Dr. Mayo is definitely "the best in the Midwest" at this particular surgical procedure...and i heard the same message from many of the nurses at the hospital! My results have been totally amazing! I am recovering very quickly, I have no pain, I am very mobile and I could not be more pleased with the way this has worked out. Doctor Mayo explained everything to me and put me at great ease, both before and after the surgeries. The staff was kind, effecient, thorough and very experienced.Overall, I give Doctor Mayo my highest commendations and would readily refer friends and family to his care! Terry Brown

Dr. Mayo gave me a new knee and a younger life show details Dr. Mayo gave me a new knee and a younger life
Jul 17th, 2011

He replaced my knee in February of 2009. I followed his instructions after surgery exactly and today I have no problems at all with my knee. Went to Italy last September and was able to walk between five and ten miles a day with no problems, no soreness, nothing negative.

HIP REPLACEMENT show details HIP REPLACEMENT
by DIANE MCPHERSON STERN on May 24th, 2010

HAS DONE RIGHT AND LEFT FOR ME. WOULD WANT NO ONE ELSE TO DO THE PROCEDURE. HE IS AWESOME. SOFT SPOKEN AND GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER. 10 STAR REVIEW.