Dr. David McFarland MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 22nd, 2016
thyroid removal
I think Dr. McFarland is a great doctor and has a good bedside manner! I had a lump on my thyroid 10 years ago; and it wasn't cancerous at the time; but since I'd had radiation treatments about 15 years earlier; he said that can sometimes cause cancer; so he removed it. He was very professional and answered all my questions and concerns. came thru the surgery with no complications and my scar is hardly even noticeable. I would certainly recommend him.

November 17th, 2013
Colonic Resection
Dr. McFarland is a fantastic surgeon. He is very caring and has a wonderful bedside manner. He stays in touch with his patients before and especially after surgery. He is prompt and courteous. I would Dr. McFarland to anyone, I could not have asked for a better surgeon.

November 8th, 2012
Had hernia surgery
I think the guy is great. I think this was the second surgery I've had with him, I think he removed a couple of enlarged parathyroids I had 4 years ago. He made me feel really at ease.

November 18th, 2010
Poor Office/bedside manner
Dr. MacFarland was a perfect choice until I didn't agree with him on a treatment. Then he became irriate and told my family that I would die on the table if I had this surgery. He had seen ONE patient have poor results from a DIEP Flap re-constructive surgery after a mastectomy. He totally went off the deep end and I left his office in tears and my family was scared to death. Needless to say I cancelled the DIEP flap procedure and went without reconstructive surgery after the mastectomy. Later I decided to go with a implant. Due to lack of skin left after my mastectomy I was unable to obtain symmetry. So, I had THE DIEP flap. I came through with flying colors and was only out from work 1 week. MacFarland told my family I would be very sick if I made it out of surgery and ICU at all. Well he was WRONG!!! I healed nicely and now have the confidence that comes with achieving symmetry after a mastectomy. I would not recommend MacFarland to anyone, as if cancer was not bad enough!!

July 13th, 2010
Knockdown/reversal
Dr. McFarland was a fantastic, attentive, caring easy going doctor. Very concerned and knowledgable.

June 20th, 2016