Gastroenterologists
Video profile
Richmond Gastroenterology Associates Inc.
5875 Bremo Rd
Ste 601
Richmond, VA 23226
804-330-4901
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Sep 19th, 2013

Worst doctor I have ever seen. Stay 2 hours in the waiting room for each appointment, which is not the worst part and he might check with other patients. Asked me to take a medicine which made me feel horrible and I could not take it. So I went to the office and tell the assistant I have to stop it. But next two appointments they kept asking me whether I finish that. He asked me to do all the expensive checks and ended up he had no idea what is going on. After the colonoscopy I was given a number to call to check the result. After certain days no results because this doctor was on vacation. The office said they would call me back and after a month I never get a call from them. If you have a chance please do not see this doctor. Unless your insurance will cover all the expense and you don t mind and can't wait to see a good doctor. He is easy to schedule an appointment but there is a reason for that.Now I am waiting to see another doctor refered by other doctors. and good doctor is worth to wait.

|  The wait is worth it.  |  show details
by Jim on May 14th, 2013

Dr. McGroarty is almost always running behind on his schedule, but that's because he is in demand and spends time with his patients. While it might have taken him a few days to follow up with me regarding blood work, etc, he always did--often calling me at 9:00 pm as his day was winding down. He took great care of me when I had a very persistent case of ulcerative colitis for over 10 years. He also made sure that I saw one of the best surgeons in the area when it came time to remove my colon. I am very thankful that he was my gastro MD. He is a very knowledgeable and was always knew the best approach as far as medication and treatment. Good things come to those who wait.

Nov 21st, 2012

First time to see dr. McGroary, I waited for 1-1/2 hrs.iI left without seing the doctor. Staff did not seem to care that I have been waiting for over an hour. This doctor does not value patient's time. To me, that is total disrespect.

|  well worth the wait  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

I love this doctor. He is very good at diagnosing and managing my severe crohns disease. He will spend an hour with me if needed to talk about things. He has held me while I cried and is very caring. I highly recommend him and his staff is amazing as well!

Jun 1st, 2011

Terrible Dr with terrible bedside manners!!

|  DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2011

Plan on wasting half your day just waiting to be seen by the doctor. I was never seen within an hour of my appointment time and when I was seen, Dr. McGroarty treated me as just another number. He is not personable at all and has little to no bedside manner. I have called twice to check on bloodwork I've had done and the first time it took over a week to be called back and I never received a call back the second time. That was the final straw that made me switch doctors.

Jan 30th, 2009

Great doctor - Excellent knowledge on a vast number of medical issues and very kind and carging to his patients. Ashley his nurse is great too. Very effieient and compassionate staff.