inactive

David L McNeil MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 16th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Dr. McNeil gets results. He takes the time and puts forth the effort needed to insure I am doing my best. He listens and suggests changes in my medication and explains why he is considering them. He views our relationship as a partnership: if I answer his questions he will thoughtfully make recommendations. He takes the time needed to answer my questions. Sometimes he writes down instructions for taking the medicines he prescribes for example to make it easier to transition from med to another. Once he wrote a prescription that just said "Really?". It was about a private joke we shared and I keep it taped to my refrigerator to remind myself to give others the benefit of the doubt.

June 27th, 2016
Criminal Psychitrist- Report him!
Dr David L Mcneil is extremely abusive to patients, violates patients rights. His abusive behavior causes patients of all ages to have panic attacks. He doesn't let patients speak, he is very demanding, sadistic and threatening towards patients. Dr McNeil is abusing tormented people, mentally ill, and autistic children. Dr McNeil acts like patients have no rights and he can do whatever he wants to them. We have reported him to authorities, State regulation offices and even the FBI.. Patients who were very young, teens and adults, who saw him were traumatized and had nightmares and anxiety from seeing him.. Do not go to this man, I repeat do not go! Save yourselves.

June 20th, 2016
ABUSIVE AND INNAPROPRIATE PSYCHIATRIST!!!
Dr David McNeil makes patients feel extremely uncomfortable and feel threatened by his behavior in only 2 minutes of being in his office. He's a nightmarish man or whatever he is. He berates, talks and yells over, is ornery, harsh, cold, and is innapropriate and unprofessional. He's a Lowlife, and is under investigation by authrorities right now, and or in prison. And if he is not in prison, that's where he needs to be. He is abusive to child, teen, and young adult patients who go to him. He has a sleezy sadistic temperament that scares away patients. He also makes an evil twisted grinning smile when inflicting pain on his victims. Hes a liar, and trys to be manipulative. He gats kicked out of every building he has his office. the only reason he sometimes got away with abusing patients is because the buildings he was in, he only was in because the people are cold heartless brutes like himself. Patients and young patients leave his office in fear of him hitting or punching them. Patients have panic attacks and he doesn't care. In the building in buffalo grove hes had his office e the other people with businesses are insensitive cold heartless people like him. Hes a bully and a deceitful individual.

March 5th, 2016
Shocked, Upset, and hes not good
Dr McNeil makes patients feel very uncomfortable, and is very threatening. The first thing he does at a session is he asks them too many questions before letting patients think and answer. He has a very scary voice. Patients feel like theyre being interrogated. When his behavior is unbearable a patient will say they don’t feel like talking about something or they don’t wish to answer the question right now, he goes into a strange rage. He will roughly throw aside the notepad and pen he was using for notes, and slam both hands on the desk in a fist in a threatening manner. He then will talk over you very rudely and waving his arm in the air. He purposely makes a scary face to scare possibly, and opens his eyes and grins very scary. people feel threatened by his behavior, he puts people in an uncomfortable situation on the spot. That is inappropriate. Many patients leave his office at that point upset that a dr they thought would help them, hurts them. He gives patients, sick people panic attacks. No one should treat anyone like this. People have the right always to report psychiatrists they feel unprofessional and dangerous, and defend themselves from threatening people. I don’t know why there are so many fake reviews for this guy

September 20th, 2015
I have been going to Dr. McNeil for 5 years. He takes his time and listens. The patient is given choices. He is sensitive to religious issues and he is available by email for followup questions.

October 12th, 2014
erudite, compassionate, kind and gentle man
I've been seeing Dr McNeil for some time now, and it has been a very helpful venture. Visits to this 'type' of doctor can be extemely daunting, at first, but from day one, he put me at ease. He listens, he's helplful and will try many methods that are -out of the box- to help you become the person you want to be. He is very learned in todays medications--if that's what you might need. I feel that he's my friend, as well as my doctor, --andI can tell him anything. That, in itself- is remarkably relieving. He has a very warm way about him and I would highly recommend him to others. He's a rare find.

June 29th, 2014
You Won't Find Better!!!
Dr. McNeil was referred by another doctor. I was told he was 'the best' and prides himself on keeping current on his field. I came to Dr. McNeil and after 5 visits, I believe I have gotten to know him, and he know I well enough for review. Dr. McNeil spends as much time with me as I desire, and allows me to have a big say-so in the direction of my health. Medicine, books, visits, links to helpful videos are what makes him amazing, but its his experience and knowledge that make me feel at ease putting my life in his hands. He made it very clear at the first meeting, you the patient are in charge, and he will do everything in his power to improve the quality of your life. If you put in the work that Dr. Mcneil asks of you, your quality of life should improve as well. Bottom line: Dr. McNeil has improved the quality of my life. Like the title of this review states, 'You Won't Find Any Better'.

March 23rd, 2014
Best MD I've ever met
Dr. McNeil is extremely genuine, funny and observant. His staff is great and I must say he is hands down the best psychiatrist I've gone to. I just go for basic med management and he makes it so easy.

January 15th, 2014
RUDE and IMPATIENT
Rude and impatient. Not a good bedsied manner. His secretary is a very nice lady though.

October 30th, 2013
Knowledgeable and Kind
Dr. McNeil is pleasant and helpful. He invites my thoughts about medication choices and he explains his decisions (He calls it "thinking aloud."). He goes beyond symptoms and side effects to appreciate what in my life may be helping or hindering my wellbeing. He is thorough and yet he still has time for some humor or a reflection that adds to our personal connection.

June 30th, 2013
Poor professional conduct; problems with scheduling/ techinical failures switchboard / Computer sytem
1. Appointment 1: I sat in waiting area waiting to be seen for 1 hour for first visit, as doctor was backed up, though he seemed kind, compassionate, good listener in initial interview. 2. Appointment #2: had to wait room for 2.5 hours to be seen when office manager re-scheduled my appointment , but I received no notification. Office manger said their computer/phones were down so office manager didn't receive my two voicemail messages and my email to confirm appointment my appointment, until I was already in waiting room for originally schduled appointment. . Did not appreciate that doctor made quick judgement about me on that doctor and would not listen to what I had to say about myself,. 3, Appointment 3 was not much better than appointment 2: Did not appreciate that doctor made quick judgement about me on that dappt and would not listen to what I had to say about myself,. 3. Appointment #3: Again, did not appreciate that doctor made quick judgement about me, made statements that should have been confidentail I did not realize he would make judgement and statement about me in front of the neighbor who drove me, I'd invited her into the session, but would have preferred he listened to I had to say about my own symptoms, instead of making perfunctory judgments and statements about my condition in front of neighbor who does not know me well, I invited neighbor into my session only due to my severe short-term memory loss growing more severe., Had been shaking/consvulsing five times within three months, Neighbor witnessed a milder version of one of these (scale of 1 1-10, she had witness a level 1, so I'd invited her into my session so she could report what she witnesses,.

December 6th, 2010
OUR FAMILY THINKS HE IS THE BEST!! WE HAVE BEEN TO MANY OTHER DRS. WHO COULD NOT GET THE MEDS RIGHT. DR, MCNEIL GETS THE MEDS RIGHT WITH NO SIDE AFFECTS AND IS VERY CONCERNED FOR HIS PATIENTS. WE LOVE HIM!!