Dr. David Merkley Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Merkley?

January 10th, 2017

Quack

He doesn't listen to patient issues. He's always rushed and doesn't seem to care about patients. I'm glad I got a second opinion after leaving his office.

December 5th, 2016

Leaving. Easy to schedule and confirm appointment times prior to visit but NEVER wait less than 45 minutes. He is competent but dry. His assistant has perma-frown. Very non-personal.

September 8th, 2015

PhD

Not a physician for the 21st century. Needs to understand that women are also intelligent

May 1st, 2013

A hole

This guy really has no buisness being a doctor, he doesn't listen or even act like he is listening. He is a grumpy old man who treats patients like they are stupid. Everytime I have had to see him I have had to wait over an hour just hear him say "you really need to lose weight" I'm not even that fat, but that is the answer he gives for everything. You could have a broken arm and he would still say lose some weight. I tried to give this A hole a chance for two years thinking maybe I just caught him on bad days but his bedside manner is horrible. If you want to be treated like a person rather than a paycheck see someone else.

February 2nd, 2013

Not impressed.

January 19th, 2010

Straight Shooter

If you're looking for coddling from Dr. Merkley you are not necessarily going to get it because he tells it like it is. There may have been times he's been rushed and not as attentive or polite as one might expect but overall he's courteous and professionalFurthermore, he dictates your diagnosis and treatment right then and there as you sit post appointment so you get to listen in on his thoughts, diagnosis and proposed solutions so this serves as an informative communications session.Nevertheless, you can tell he cares about you and he wants what is best and will work with you to get your health concerns addressed. He doesn't seemed rushed although you know he has plenty of patients to see so he takes the necessary time with you.He has a very serious and all business beside manner but if you're paying attention some dry humor will leak out and you'll get a chuckle on occasion. When you've done your part and followed his advice he'll let you'll know he's happy about and when you've slipped up and not worked hard to do you part he also let you know that as well.

October 13th, 2009

Very trust worthy, caring, and thorough Doctor

I have been a patient of Dr. Merkleys for over 12 years. He has always taken plenty of time with me and let me know he cares. I like the fact that he does his dictations in the room so that I can hear him repeat everything I have said and talked to him about. This helps me know that he listens intently. I trust him with my children. He is very kind with my children and they like him a lot. His staff is very professional and friendly. His bedside manner is caring and patient. He takes his job seriously and I appreciate that. If I have ever had to wait in the room for more than 10 minutes he always comes in rushed with an apology. I am understanding because I know he runs late. But I'm sure it is because he takes time with each patient. I love that I don't feel rushed when he sees me. They always get me right in when I call to make an appointment. It is usually that day or within one day. I refer everyone I know to him because he always takes care of my family so well. It's nice to have a Doctor I can depend on.

July 21st, 2009

Doctor?

Too much time spent in waiting room and exam room.Doesn't listen well.Interrupts me.Blunt to the point of being rude and is rude at times.NO bedside manner, even when a family member is dying in the hospital in ICU.Doesn't seem to care.Takes no time talkng to patient almost as if patient is an inconvenience.Walks out with not even a 'goodbye'

November 8th, 2016