Ophthalmologist (eyes)

One of the finest retina specialist in the country show details One of the finest retina specialist in the country
by LtC. Mark S. Butcher, U.S. Army Ret. on Feb 26th, 2015

I am a retired operating room nurse that has had four surgical procedures performed by Dr. Metrikin in 2014. I began my career working in surgery in 1972 and retired in 2011. During my career, I have had the opportunity to work with with many opthalmologist, assisting with all kinds of procedures to include the types of surgery I had for retinal detachments. One of the places I worked for fifteen years, the Dallas VA Hospital, is affiliated with U.T. Southwestern Medical School, where Dr. Metrikin did a fellowship in retinal surgery. I do not ever remember working with him when he was there, but Dr. C. Rienert was one the Chief of the Opthalmolgy there and was one of his professors. Dr. Rienert was an excellent surgeon and a very tough task master. I would have let her do surgery on me anytime. Dr. Metrikin is an excellent surgeon himself and a great example of the surgeons trained at U.T. Southwestern. He has outstanding skills dealing with his patients and I would not hesitate to have him perform any surgery I might need in the future and I am a pretty tough customer to please.