Dr. David Missimo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Missimo?

June 17th, 2017

Pill pusher

Will prescribe ADHD medicine to your child after 5 minutes. Incredible thorough

April 6th, 2017

Very Disappointed - would NOT recommend

October 20th, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Missimo for years and I have had nothing but top notch care from this office. The doctor is so knowledgable and caring, his front office staff are quick to respond to any concerns or issues that come up and are so very kind and go above and beyond to help with anything I need. I'm so happy to have found this doctor.

March 15th, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Missimo's years ago, but he had a huge impact on my life. I will never forget how he helped me. He was able to help me when no one else had been able to.

January 8th, 2016

complete and utter disappointed

I was a patient of Dr. Missimo's for 10+ years. I thought the world of him. He helped me get through many ups and downs. The past couple of years, I lived in a different part of Texas (and did NOT see a different doctor in that time). Now, I am back in the area and have been going through an extremely tough time. I called his office crying yesterday and tried to schedule an appointment with him, and the rude woman who works his desk told me that he would have to review my charts before he could decide if he would see me again since it had been over two years since I had seen him last. I accepted this and she told me they would call me by the end of the day, which they did not. So, I called back today and asked the same question, if he would see me. The woman told me that he was not accepting new patients, at which time I informed her that I was not a new patient and had been seeing him half of my life; she still refused me. Dr. Missimo is the doctor who I had trusted and confided in for half of my life and he just shut the door in my face when I needed him most and told me no. Now, in my time of crisis, I have to somehow figure out how to hold my life together and find someone to help me because the doctor I trusted turned me down.

November 4th, 2015

Absolutely top-notch

Absolutely top-notch

May 9th, 2015

Front desk lady was very rude and demeaning. Missimo was narcissistic

April 8th, 2015

He's very reliable! I have been seeing Missimo since I was in High School and I would NEVER switch doctors.

December 15th, 2014

This is my opinion and experience. NO bedside manor. He distances himself in a time of a "true" crisis. ONLY wants to collect costly fees from 15 minute medication management sessions and nothing else. He washes his hands from any "true" counseling needs or engagements. Professes to be a Christian, yet feel he's not genuine and lacks conviction, as when seeking counsel and needing to utilize his "expertise" in psychiatry and medical necessity during a "true" crisis, he hides behind his secretary who screens his calls. He is unreachable and shows no interest in insuring the well being of his patient or family. The Christian community I serve provides unconditional support and are there with open arms insuring the safety and well being of all of my family, following the example of Jesus in serving others in the time of need. DO NOT recommend. Find a psychiatrist that actually cares and has the best interest of "their" patients first and foremost.

August 14th, 2014

a very good doctor

My experience with this doctor and his staff has been excellent. Dr. Missimo takes all the time necessary to accurately diagnose his patients. He was recommended to me by a friend and if I was asked for a recommendation of a Psychiatrist I wouldn't think twice about recommending him to anyone.

October 22nd, 2013

Missimo

Easy to make appointments, Dr is always on time... but he really doesn't care about any of his patients after a while. Seems nice and helpful at beginning but then stops caring. He's very judgemental... don't go to him with any addiction problems or he'll make you feel like an awful person. Also, he's only concerned about money. My 15 minute appointments are always only 6 minutes long because he shoos me away after that and expects me to pay full price. Dosage for all meds are WAY off... gave me a script for a medicine and the dosage was enough to harm me -- way over recommended dosage for someone my gender and weight. Luckily I'm in the health profession and knew better than to take that. I always left his office feeling very confused about what to do \ take. Doesn't explain anything. Will switch dosages on you without any explanation. When I told him I wanted to get off of my medicine because the side effects were worse than the benefits, he refused to let me do that. He wanted me to stay on at least one (one I didn't even need after coming off of the others)... Left me out in the dark with awful medicine and very little idea of how to help myself. Couldn't stop taking the meds or I'd go through withdrawal, but he refused to lower my dosage so I could taper off. He's very abusive and manipulative and tries to keep you on meds no matter what. Luckily found a new psychiatrist and got away from this crazy person..

June 17th, 2013

we do NOT recommend

All this doctor knows about is meds and money. Wants to prescribe meds and take your money (and get this bonus from the pharmaceutical companies?) ... no counseling, no review of the prior issues. Doesn't care. Would NOT recommend.