Dr. David Mok MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

October 19th, 2013
Very unhappy patient
Dr. Mok kept me waiting for over an hour for my scheduled appointment. I arrived on time (4:00PM) and filled out the required documentation. They took me into a room where I was kept waiting. I poked my head out and spoke to his staff and they assured me he was on his way. When he finally did arrive, I let him know that it was unacceptable to wait for an hour. He said that was the way he did business. For those who have the last appointment (4:00PM?), they should expect to wait. If that was the case, I told him that his office staff should let patients know that they will be waiting that long. If I was to be his patient, that was how he did business. At the conclusion of the office visit, he filled out an order for blood to be drawn which I took to the Toluca Lake Health Center a couple weeks later. After fasting and showing up on time for that appointment, they wouldn't draw the blood because he had not signed the order properly and they couldn't process the order. (His nurse had merely initialed the order but, because this is a legal document, it required his signature.) This guy has wasted TOO MUCH OF MY TIME. Now, I still have to deal with getting the order properly filled out and go through fasting and scheduling another appointment time for the required blood tests. I consider this experience to be UNPROFESSIONAL and UNACCEPTABLE.

May 3rd, 2013
professional, sincere, thorough and communicates clearly
I would definitely refer and return. Dr. Mok may not see you promptly, but he gives his undivided attention and all the time you need. He doesn't rush your visit and gives you opportunity to ask questions - a gifted listener. He explains so one can understand - a good communicator. In addition, I can attest to his patience, kindness and wisdom (beyond book knowledge). As I read in previous reviews, I agree the overall office staff is young. However, his scheduler is superb with many years of experience, as well as the nurses and techs. He returns phone calls on his personal time...in the evenings, on the weekends, on days off. (I am sure while all raising a family and tending to his own personal life.) I have no doubt he determines care based on what is "best for the patient," as if they were family. He desires the best outcome for every patient he sees. A doctor of integrity. There is no perfect doctor, but Dr. Mok is one of the best I've seen! I believe many patients, staff and colleagues would agree. RATINGS: * follows up when necessary * four stars where it matters most

September 26th, 2011
HORRIBLE STAFF
The doctor actually seems pretty good at what he does - but it is NOT worth trying to get through his staff of unprofessional teenagers! Where do they hire these people, right off of the street?? They give you an attitude and constantly mess up your medication refills and appointments, and then give you AN ATTITUDE when you ask them about it! Personally, I do not feel comfortable seeing a doctor that would actually have a staff like that....all of them are extremely rude.

September 13th, 2010
A Shyster
I had an ablation done in April. Dr. Mok explained that these rate are notorious for staying silent while under general anesthesia and he would probably need to wake me up. HE NEVER WOKE ME UP. I CONFIRMED WITH WITH THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST! I also spoke with another cardiologist after this procedure and he said he never would have been able to ablate the rate and it was plain from the holter monitor. I also asked several times to see him in the hospital and he would not see me only called. I left the hospital AMA. He has very bad moral character.

February 25th, 2009
i would recommend him to dear friends and family!