Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
overall show details overall
Jul 6th, 2015

Wait time outrageous....3 hrs . If expressing a concern about outcome of surgery it must be the patient's fault. Would seek another opinion before proceeding with a surgery.

Jul 5th, 2015

Excellent surgeon however very busy so it is very hard to sit and ask alot of questions. Must ask the staff.

Surgery show details Surgery
Mar 1st, 2015

Busy office practice. Most staff are friendly and helpful. Had surgery and hoping & waiting for improvement in my condition. Dr. Montgomery had same diagnosis as other spine surgeons. Came highly recommended so decided to go with him. . Slow recovery so time will tell. Bedside manner, time spent and follow up were par for a busy surgeon.

by Carol Markowski on Nov 4th, 2013

I have had 3 lumbar spinal fusions done by Dr. Montgomery over the years and everyone was worthwhile. My most recent was once again successful in that I am able to walk again and am living with less pain. He is a gifted surgeon. A quiet man, but professional at all times and one of the best in his field. There is definitely a need for improvement in the office efficiency etc. Wait time, handicap parking, and availability in seating in waiting room. Sign in is combersome and overall registration process needs much improvement. Staff is friendly but appear stressed at times (very busy place).

Oct 25th, 2012

Dr. Montgomery was very thoughtful in his initial explanation of the diagnosis and also conveyed his findings to my daughter via speaker phone. Surgery went well as well as follow-up. He also has excellent nursing support staff to assist him in helping his patients.

Expert Surgeon show details Expert Surgeon
Sep 26th, 2012

I work in the healthcare field and know many people familiar with William Beaumont hospital. I chose Dr. Montgomery to do my neck surgery after doing my "research". He is a gifted surgeon. Anyone with any knowledge of surgeons in the area will tell you HE IS THE BEST. I had a great result and am doing very well. Don't let his personality rub you the wrong way. He may come across as a bit aloof but what you want is a great surgeon, and that he is. Highly recommended.

Feb 2nd, 2009

Skills are not what they used to be and his ego cannot see it. I'd NEVER let anyone I knew see this hack of a doctor.

May 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Montgomery is wonderful as is everyone at Beaumont Hospital. I was rear ended by a drunk driver and suffered from chronic neck pain and pain and weakness in my left arm. Dr. Montgomery performed an anterior cervical fusion on my neck and I am doing mu

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Puts you in a box show details Puts you in a box
by Anonymous on Mar 22nd, 2008

Dr. was rated highly as a surgeon by other medical professionals. Gave me false expectations when I could return to work following surgery. Does not deal with me as an individual patient. He relates me to what I believe are insurance targets, such as you should be at this point in your recovery so many weeks after surgery. If not, it's your problem.