Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 20th, 2016

Think twice about this doctor. I am worse off one year later living on pain meds. Spoke with others that have seen him and all bad . He could care less.

A doctor you can trust. show details A doctor you can trust.
by Scott Peters on Mar 22nd, 2016

I have a unique perspective, mainly I am almost 20 years out from my surgery. I spent almost 3 years in excruciating pain, the day after he operated for the first time since I was injured I woke up pain free, and stayed that way for 15 years. I moved to Cali, and when my back went out for the second time had a second surgery by another Dr there. It was not the success I had hoped for, so I am back to see Dr Mongomery again and praying for a miracle. I trust this man completely.

Surgery show details Surgery
Nov 12th, 2015

Had surgery and expected a better outcome. Had leg pain that ceased, but now a lot of lower back pain. Other spinal surgeons state I need a fusion at the level that this doctor performed surgery on due to "instability"...in other words a fusion. Was told this wasn't a problem prior to surgery. Figure it out for yourself. Please people get a second opinion...he says one thing and does another....or plays on words.

overall show details overall
Jul 6th, 2015

Wait time outrageous....3 hrs . If expressing a concern about outcome of surgery it must be the patient's fault. Would seek another opinion before proceeding with a surgery.

Jul 5th, 2015

Excellent surgeon however very busy so it is very hard to sit and ask alot of questions. Must ask the staff.

Surgery show details Surgery
Mar 1st, 2015

Busy office practice. Most staff are friendly and helpful. Had surgery and hoping & waiting for improvement in my condition. Dr. Montgomery had same diagnosis as other spine surgeons. Came highly recommended so decided to go with him. . Slow recovery so time will tell. Bedside manner, time spent and follow up were par for a busy surgeon.

by Carol Markowski on Nov 4th, 2013

I have had 3 lumbar spinal fusions done by Dr. Montgomery over the years and everyone was worthwhile. My most recent was once again successful in that I am able to walk again and am living with less pain. He is a gifted surgeon. A quiet man, but professional at all times and one of the best in his field. There is definitely a need for improvement in the office efficiency etc. Wait time, handicap parking, and availability in seating in waiting room. Sign in is combersome and overall registration process needs much improvement. Staff is friendly but appear stressed at times (very busy place).

Oct 25th, 2012

Dr. Montgomery was very thoughtful in his initial explanation of the diagnosis and also conveyed his findings to my daughter via speaker phone. Surgery went well as well as follow-up. He also has excellent nursing support staff to assist him in helping his patients.

Expert Surgeon show details Expert Surgeon
Sep 26th, 2012

I work in the healthcare field and know many people familiar with William Beaumont hospital. I chose Dr. Montgomery to do my neck surgery after doing my "research". He is a gifted surgeon. Anyone with any knowledge of surgeons in the area will tell you HE IS THE BEST. I had a great result and am doing very well. Don't let his personality rub you the wrong way. He may come across as a bit aloof but what you want is a great surgeon, and that he is. Highly recommended.

Feb 2nd, 2009

Skills are not what they used to be and his ego cannot see it. I'd NEVER let anyone I knew see this hack of a doctor.