Surgeons

30575 Woodward Ave
Ste 100
Royal Oak, MI 48073
248-280-8550
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
by Carol Markowski on Nov 4th, 2013

I have had 3 lumbar spinal fusions done by Dr. Montgomery over the years and everyone was worthwhile. My most recent was once again successful in that I am able to walk again and am living with less pain. He is a gifted surgeon. A quiet man, but professional at all times and one of the best in his field. There is definitely a need for improvement in the office efficiency etc. Wait time, handicap parking, and availability in seating in waiting room. Sign in is combersome and overall registration process needs much improvement. Staff is friendly but appear stressed at times (very busy place).

|  My Time, My Dime  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2013

On a recent office visit, I arrived early for my appointment. Be on time, I always say. I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room. Once called into the patient room, I was testy, I admit. I said as much to the nurse, who told me, "Doctor is with patients." I suggested that even she could have said something a tad more gracious, like, "Sorry for your wait." She turned on her heel and walked out of the room. I would sit there another 45 minutes, door closed with not one interaction with staff. No one popped in to see if I was dead or alive, if I was comfortable, or to lie to me to "Doctor will be in soon." "Doctor" walked in and said, "How are you?" I wondered if he could hear the screaming going on in my head. I never lie, so I told him I was irritated by the wait and his office's lack of concern about it. He shrugged. We talked for 7 minutes about my chart (which I had already read since the nurse left it on the table) and my mri (I read that report, too). I probably won't go back. Too many minutes wasted - and no one seemed to care. Care. Right.

Oct 25th, 2012

Dr. Montgomery was very thoughtful in his initial explanation of the diagnosis and also conveyed his findings to my daughter via speaker phone. Surgery went well as well as follow-up. He also has excellent nursing support staff to assist him in helping his patients.

|  Expert Surgeon  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

I work in the healthcare field and know many people familiar with William Beaumont hospital. I chose Dr. Montgomery to do my neck surgery after doing my "research". He is a gifted surgeon. Anyone with any knowledge of surgeons in the area will tell you HE IS THE BEST. I had a great result and am doing very well. Don't let his personality rub you the wrong way. He may come across as a bit aloof but what you want is a great surgeon, and that he is. Highly recommended.

Feb 2nd, 2009

Skills are not what they used to be and his ego cannot see it. I'd NEVER let anyone I knew see this hack of a doctor.

May 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Montgomery is wonderful as is everyone at Beaumont Hospital. I was rear ended by a drunk driver and suffered from chronic neck pain and pain and weakness in my left arm. Dr. Montgomery performed an anterior cervical fusion on my neck and I am doing mu

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  Puts you in a box  |  show details
by Anonymous on Mar 22nd, 2008

Dr. was rated highly as a surgeon by other medical professionals. Gave me false expectations when I could return to work following surgery. Does not deal with me as an individual patient. He relates me to what I believe are insurance targets, such as you should be at this point in your recovery so many weeks after surgery. If not, it's your problem.