Dr. David Montgomery MD Patient Reviews

February 20th, 2017
Need another surgery
If you want 2 surgeries instead of 1..this is your guy. Buyer beware.

August 4th, 2016
This doctor has no follow up. When I went in after surgery 2 weeks later he asked me "what are you doing here ?" after waiting 2 hours to see him. Bad experience. He fixed nothing and has a weird attitude like I was the problem. Reading other reviews I wonder who is this guy & did the RESIDENT do my surgery that lasted less than 30 minutes ? Does he pick and choose who he wants to do good work on ? Roll the dice with him butI would go elsewhere .

July 26th, 2016
Horrible surgeon, made my condition worse than it was before surgery. In horrible pain. Waiting on a major surgery for a year because of his negligence! Still refused to tell me what is wrong, I am ur surgeon, trust me he says. Had a bad gut feeling about him, I was right

May 20th, 2016
Think twice about this doctor. I am worse off one year later living on pain meds. Spoke with others that have seen him and all bad . He could care less.

March 22nd, 2016
A doctor you can trust.
I have a unique perspective, mainly I am almost 20 years out from my surgery. I spent almost 3 years in excruciating pain, the day after he operated for the first time since I was injured I woke up pain free, and stayed that way for 15 years. I moved to Cali, and when my back went out for the second time had a second surgery by another Dr there. It was not the success I had hoped for, so I am back to see Dr Mongomery again and praying for a miracle. I trust this man completely.

November 12th, 2015
Surgery
Had surgery and expected a better outcome. Had leg pain that ceased, but now a lot of lower back pain. Other spinal surgeons state I need a fusion at the level that this doctor performed surgery on due to "instability"...in other words a fusion. Was told this wasn't a problem prior to surgery. Figure it out for yourself. Please people get a second opinion...he says one thing and does another....or plays on words.

July 6th, 2015
overall
Wait time outrageous....3 hrs . If expressing a concern about outcome of surgery it must be the patient's fault. Would seek another opinion before proceeding with a surgery.

March 1st, 2015
Surgery
Busy office practice. Most staff are friendly and helpful. Had surgery and hoping & waiting for improvement in my condition. Dr. Montgomery had same diagnosis as other spine surgeons. Came highly recommended so decided to go with him. . Slow recovery so time will tell. Bedside manner, time spent and follow up were par for a busy surgeon.

November 4th, 2013
I have had 3 lumbar spinal fusions done by Dr. Montgomery over the years and everyone was worthwhile. My most recent was once again successful in that I am able to walk again and am living with less pain. He is a gifted surgeon. A quiet man, but professional at all times and one of the best in his field. There is definitely a need for improvement in the office efficiency etc. Wait time, handicap parking, and availability in seating in waiting room. Sign in is combersome and overall registration process needs much improvement. Staff is friendly but appear stressed at times (very busy place).

October 25th, 2012
Dr. Montgomery was very thoughtful in his initial explanation of the diagnosis and also conveyed his findings to my daughter via speaker phone. Surgery went well as well as follow-up. He also has excellent nursing support staff to assist him in helping his patients.

September 26th, 2012
Expert Surgeon
I work in the healthcare field and know many people familiar with William Beaumont hospital. I chose Dr. Montgomery to do my neck surgery after doing my "research". He is a gifted surgeon. Anyone with any knowledge of surgeons in the area will tell you HE IS THE BEST. I had a great result and am doing very well. Don't let his personality rub you the wrong way. He may come across as a bit aloof but what you want is a great surgeon, and that he is. Highly recommended.