Dr. David Musante MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 13th, 2016
Excellent Care
I am a 55 year old healthy male that needed that experienced severe pain and numbness in his right arm. During the initial appointment, Dr. Musante diagnosed me and perfectly explained the problem and the procedure. From diagnosis to surgery was less than six weeks, and that was only so that I could go on a pre-planned vacation. Now, I feel absolutely no pain. Thank you Dr. Musante!

September 26th, 2016
I work at an area Hospital. All the providers I work with told me not to have Back Surgery (Discectomy). I was not sure if I wanted surgery or not. In the meantime my left leg went completely numb and lighting bolt like pain shooting down my leg, I was unable to put any weight on it and began to leak urine down my leg. Dr. Musante is a Miracle worker. After surgery, I was able to put weight on my left leg without any pain, no leaking of urine and little to no numbness. Next time Dr. Musante recommends a procedure, I will not question it. I highly recommend him as a surgeon.

August 18th, 2016
Terrific Physician
Dr. Musante is an incredible physician. My husband had already had a HUGE fusion from a major university and was told the only thing left to do was another fusion and 2 anterior cage fusions. Something didn't feel right. No physical exam ... Basically a routine visit and was quoted to have. 7 hour surgery. We followed our instinct and got a second opinion. After a thorough examination and a review of MRI.. Dr Musante found a cyst and a large bone spur that was never mentioned at the Major Medical Facility . We had a 45 minute surgery ... And immediately after surgery my husband have NO leg pain and was walking 1 mile a day post surgery. Thanks goodness we were lead to get a second opinion and thank God for Dr . Musante!! Prayers answered!!

July 29th, 2016
For nearly a month my son insisted that there was something seriously wrong with his back. A physician had conducted several exams, xrays and MRIs and reassured him that everything was ok. A local, reputable radiology facility, whose doctors read and interpreted his images agreed that no major injury was present. I listened to my teen and brought him to Dr. Musante for a 2nd opinion. Dr. Musante took one look at his MRI scan and correctly diagnosed a major abnormality based upon something he "had seen once before." Although my son's injury was very uncommon, Musante's attention to detail quickly recognized it, and gave an accurate diagnosis. This likely spared him from causing permanent damage. This experience taught me to always trust your instincts when you feel that something is wrong, and get a a second opinion from a reputable source.

May 25th, 2016
Dr. David Musante is an excellent physician. He was wiling to go an extra step for me, when I first went to see him he ordered an MRI during the MRI they found a large lump under my tongue and I was going to have to see an specialist for this for a biopsy before I could have neck surgery. I was unable to get an appointment anywhere without a long wait and when I went back to see the next week Dr. Musante called an ENT physician and was able to get me an appointment the next week. After the biopsy and being clear by the ENT physician Dr. Musante performed my neck surgery within two weeks and did an amazing job. His follow up and concern for my recovery was excellent and helped me through this time.

May 17th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Musante performed a 360 fusion on L5-S1. Before the surgery, I could not take a step without experiencing terrible pain in my back and down my right leg and into my foot.. It is now 9 months post surgery, and I can walk pain free. I am 75 years old and it is so wonderful to know that my walking will only get better. Dr. Musante explained his surgical plan very well, and it happened just as he said it would. Throughout this process, he has been exceptionally compassionate and helpful. I would highly recommend him and NC Specialty Hospital.

November 13th, 2015
Excellent and talented doctor
Dr. Musante has been my doctor for this past year. I had terrible pain that radiated from my neck, through my shoulder, and down my arm. I went through months of physical therapy, and the pain was growing worse. Dr. Musante recommended during neck surgery. I was very reluctant, but he was a wealth of knowledge. He explained that after reviewing my MRI, it was his belief that my only recourse would be to do the surgery. He explained each step of the surgery and what to expect afterwards. The day of the surgery he came in my hospital room and again explained everything to me and my family. He wanted to make sure I understood everything and that I was comfortable with the decision to have the surgery. Prior to surgery, I was constantly in terrible pain, there was never any relief. As soon as I woke from surgery, the pain was completely gone. The only pain I felt was the surgical pain. Having this surgery was the best decision I could have made, it truly was a life saver. It is a huge understatement to say that going from constant pain to no pain was such a relief. I would recommend Dr. Musante to everyone. He is not only an excellent surgeon, but a compassionate doctor, and that is hard to find these days.

September 25th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon
I saw Dr. Musante for a herniated disk (95%). I could barely walk and not leave my house by surgery. I can say surgery was completely a painless process due to his excellent work and proper medication. I woke up free from the leg pain that had plagued me for 5 mo. and able to walk without a problem. Two weeks after surgery I am walking 1 mi. once a day and plan to increase that soon. He was wonderful and the surgery a literal God-send to my quality of life.

September 8th, 2015
Excellent care and results
Dr. Musante was absolutely outstanding. I had an extruded disk, experienced major pain for an extended period of time, and eventually elected to have invasive surgery. He took the time to walk me through all options, and the results were absolutely outstanding with regards to pain and outlook. I could not me more happy with both the process and outcome and must point out that there is hope, even for relatively youthful patients (<40yrs)...

August 17th, 2015
Pinched Nerve Drop Foot and Arm numness recovery
I suffered from severe pain in my left leg from a pinched nerve, I saw Dr. Musante and after my exam was complete he explained to me the cause and treatment options. I followed his advice and had a great recovery from my back surgery, his follow up with me was excellent. Dr. Musante exam was very complete, I also had a pinched nerve in my neck, Dr. Musante told me that in time I would need to address this and he went over my options, two years later he was right I needed surgery and again Dr. Musante performed the surgery and my recovery was excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Musante for spinal surgery.

March 26th, 2015
My Mom who is 79 was having terrible leg pain. She had stenosis in her lower back and Dr Musante did back surgery and she is 100% better. We were skeptical because of her age but so glad that she is now pain free. You shouldnt have to be in pain for the rest of your life!! NC Specialty Hospital wonderful! Dr. Musante made my mom feel so much better!!

February 1st, 2015
Successful back surgery
I'm a retired 72 yr old farmer and prior to surgery I had stabbing low back pain and very limited ability to walk any distance without both legs going completely numb. Dr. Musante did my surgery two weeks ago and now I am pain-free and have no numbness. I am pleased beyond words with the results of my surgery and am thankful to have a much greater quality of life. I am happy to recommend Dr. Musante to those needing neurological back surgery.