inactive

David N Ewing MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

February 17th, 2016
Horrid experience
Absolutely terrible doctor. Very rude. Talked over me constantly, did not diagnose accurately. You couldn't pay me to go back to this man.

January 26th, 2016
Great Guy
I too see where Dr Ewing may not be everyone's cup of tea, however I found him right for me. He listened, challenged me, prescribed Wellbutrin and directed me to a therapist. On my next visit I stated the therapist was not for me nor was the medication. He was perfectly fine with re-direction. I never got the concern for money and would see him again!

June 11th, 2015
I saw Dr. Ewing for many years. I gather that he's not to everyone's liking, but if you want your psychiatrist to be super direct, super smart, very skilled with medications or helpful with trying to stay off meds or taking the minimal meds possible, and with a huge heart coupled with a willingness to challenge your thinking, then he is fabulous!!!

May 17th, 2014
Agree with all the negative comments!! MONEY is all he cares about!! Hurts rather than helps! Wish my Mom never went to him!! Save your self endless heartache!

July 3rd, 2013
Deadly
Dr. Ewing is poison. Stay away from him!

January 18th, 2012
Dr. Ewing is completely inappropriate. Do not go to this doctor.

July 3rd, 2010
Observance is the Key
Dr. Neal Ewing's problem is his inexhaustible insistance that what works for one works for all. Example: Risperdal has been shown to be remarkably effective for some patients in the treatment of psychosis.BUT NOT FOR ME. I had crippling mental and physical side effects which appeared early on and went undetected by the doctor, a trained psychiatrist who specializes in psychotropic medication! Every symptom I described seemed to be perfunctorily dismissed by Dr. Ewing. I experienced SEVERE and worsening psychosis on Risperdal, as well as rigidity of movement and tachycardia that prompted an immediate trip to the emergency hospital followed up by voluntary commitment to a mental institution where I was wisely put on a different medication and monitored for its effects by an observant in-hospital psychiatrist. The new mood stablizer got me "on my feet" and back home within a few weeks.I felt Dr. Ewing didn't listen to me. He never checked my pulse.He was to optomistic about the singular efficacy of the drug.What I found particularly offensive about Dr. Ewing was his presumption that he was the single arbitrator of my moods. He had the audacity to argue the accuracy of my mood chart and asked my husband to fill out the chart on my behalf!Who would know her moods more accurately than the patient herself?I would never recommend him to anyone except to say that I've heard he is an excellent forensic psychiatrist. And, to my amazement, that he is considered brilliant by many of his colleagues.My comments are perceptual. Not fact. Opinion only, perceptual and subject to interpretation. I believe the incidents to be accurate. I suggest you visit him and draw your own conclusions.I hold firm to my personal experience with Dr. Neal Ewing, however.

September 13th, 2009
BEWARE
NEVER AGAIN WILL I VISIT DR. EWING. DOES NOT LISTEN TO YOU OR YOUR PROBLEMS. FIND A DIFFERENT PROFESSION DR. EWING!!!!