2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 11th, 2015

I saw Dr. Ewing for many years. I gather that he's not to everyone's liking, but if you want your psychiatrist to be super direct, super smart, very skilled with medications or helpful with trying to stay off meds or taking the minimal meds possible, and with a huge heart coupled with a willingness to challenge your thinking, then he is fabulous!!!

May 17th, 2014

Agree with all the negative comments!! MONEY is all he cares about!! Hurts rather than helps! Wish my Mom never went to him!! Save your self endless heartache!

THIS DR. NEEDS TO BE KICKED OUT OF THIS [ROFESSION!!!! show details THIS DR. NEEDS TO BE KICKED OUT OF THIS [ROFESSION!!!!
by CLA on Nov 20th, 2013

I took my 91 year old mother to this horrid doctor. All he is concerned about is money. He yelled at my mother, yelled at me, and made her worse than she was. He is a terrible, despicable, money grubbing ...I can't even say a.... doctor. I don't want to rate him with a 1 star...I want to give him a zero. As someone above said, HE IS POISON AND TOXIC!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY. PLEASE!! YOU DON'T WANT TO LEAVE IN TEARS LIKE I DID, AND I'M NOT EVEN THE PATIENT!!!

Deadly show details Deadly
by Maxine Greene Wilson on Jul 3rd, 2013

Dr. Ewing is poison. Stay away from him!

Jan 18th, 2012

Dr. Ewing is completely inappropriate. Do not go to this doctor.

Observance is the Key show details Observance is the Key
Jul 3rd, 2010

Dr. Neal Ewing's problem is his inexhaustible insistance that what works for one works for all. Example: Risperdal has been shown to be remarkably effective for some patients in the treatment of psychosis.BUT NOT FOR ME. I had crippling mental and physical side effects which appeared early on and went undetected by the doctor, a trained psychiatrist who specializes in psychotropic medication! Every symptom I described seemed to be perfunctorily dismissed by Dr. Ewing. I experienced SEVERE and worsening psychosis on Risperdal, as well as rigidity of movement and tachycardia that prompted an immediate trip to the emergency hospital followed up by voluntary commitment to a mental institution where I was wisely put on a different medication and monitored for its effects by an observant in-hospital psychiatrist. The new mood stablizer got me "on my feet" and back home within a few weeks.I felt Dr. Ewing didn't listen to me. He never checked my pulse.He was to optomistic about the singular efficacy of the drug.What I found particularly offensive about Dr. Ewing was his presumption that he was the single arbitrator of my moods. He had the audacity to argue the accuracy of my mood chart and asked my husband to fill out the chart on my behalf!Who would know her moods more accurately than the patient herself?I would never recommend him to anyone except to say that I've heard he is an excellent forensic psychiatrist. And, to my amazement, that he is considered brilliant by many of his colleagues.My comments are perceptual. Not fact. Opinion only, perceptual and subject to interpretation. I believe the incidents to be accurate. I suggest you visit him and draw your own conclusions.I hold firm to my personal experience with Dr. Neal Ewing, however.

BEWARE show details BEWARE
Sep 13th, 2009

NEVER AGAIN WILL I VISIT DR. EWING. DOES NOT LISTEN TO YOU OR YOUR PROBLEMS. FIND A DIFFERENT PROFESSION DR. EWING!!!!