Dr. David Rosenfeld MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 3rd, 2015
traditional understanding of psychiatry; not very useful
Dr told me that due to my bipolar disorder and addiction issues that i should not think about working. i have worked all my life. SUCH a discouraging doctor. His understanding of addiction amounts to: go to AA meetings. Has no real understanding of addiction aside from textbook understanding

October 19th, 2013
Excellent Psychiatrist
I would definitely recommend Dr. Rosenfeld to other people who are looking for an excellent psychiatrist. He always listens carefully and responds wisely. He is compassionate. He is well educated in mental health diagnosis and medication. He always responds quickly in times of crisis. His office staff is extremely helpful and kind.

March 29th, 2012
He is a very nice doctor if you have insurance, but if you do not have insurance he does not make it easy for you.

October 22nd, 2011
Intelligent and Compassionate
My husband suffers from chronic depression and alcoholism. He's seen many doctors over the years, but none have helped him as much as Dr. Rosenfeld. Dr. Rosenfeld is patient with him, does not judge him, and has been able to offer him medications and therapy that have turned his life around. I'll always be grateful to him.

July 28th, 2011
Dr. Doctor Rosenfeld is terrific
I don't understand the negative input about Dr. Rosenfeld. I had been to a couple of really awful pschiatrists (no more than 10 minutes and an attitude)and they never learn who you are, was referred to Dr. Rosenfeld by a friend. He takes Medicare! He spends a lot of time with a patient, 1 hr. intake and 1/2 hr. after that. He writes down copious notes. He didn't judge that it would be in my best interest to change therapists, so he didn't require that. He tweeked my meds when I was having a bad ime. He seems kind and gentle, knowledgeable and optimistic. I recommend him to anyone needing a great psychiatrist.

April 24th, 2010
Helped me get back on my feet
After having some not so great experiences with a couple of psychiatrists, my family doctor recommended I go see Dr. Rosenfeld. He made a number of medication changes which helped me, but what I appreciate most about him is his gentle manner and his willingness to listen to me. If you are struggling with depression or a personal problem, I'd definitely recommend him.

March 18th, 2010
An excellent psychiatrist!
I've been seeing Dr. Rosenfeld for a couple of months now. I went to him with an mental health issue I'd been suffering with for years. He accurately diagnosed my problem and has provided me with therapy and medication that has helped me enormously. He is intelligent and kind and a good listener.

March 22nd, 2009
great doctor
HE LISTENED CAREFULLY TO EVERYTHING I HADTO SAY. IT TOOK A FEW MEDICINE CHANGES UNTIL HE FOUND THE CORRECT ONE. HE HAS HELPED ME ALOT AND I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND HIM TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY HIM.

January 21st, 2008
Attitude
This guy has the biggest attitude and he really doesn't listen. He thinks he is God. I was going to report him for inappropriate behavior but couldn't be bothered with all the paper work. If you go to him you MUST use the therapist in his office and he won't make any exceptions. I had a therapist that I really liked before going to him and he told me he would not treat me unless I went to his therapist. I did and she was OK but not at good as the person I was going to. He was rated as a good doctor by Castle Connolly's doctor ratings but I found out that other doctors provide the ratings for this book. Find a doctor that you really like and ask them for a referral, but stay clear of this one.