Dr. David Namerow Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Namerow?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. David Namerow?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 2nd, 2016

There are other doctors to see

Hi, I'm not claiming that Dr. David Namerow hasn't helped patients during his long years in practice -- I'm sure he has -- but he's an extraordinarily egotistical man, which probably is due to his own insecurities. There are other doctors to see, doctors who are smart, perceptive, competent, gracious, and invested in their patients, not their wallets.

September 2nd, 2015

Was not patient & very cold to my son who had a fear of doctors.

September 29th, 2014

Great doctor

Dr Namerow is extremely knowledgeable. He was amazing with my kids. He is the first Dr that was able to examine my toddler without tears! Has a great way with kids.

January 29th, 2014

Arrogant, condescending, patronizing

The front desk is oblivious when we enter the office. They could care less that we are there. The wait to see the doctor can be up to 45 minutes. Dr. Namerow is arrogant and condescending, bordering on insulting. He had no empathy for my child and was brusque in his attitude. We needed a referral to a specialist and he sent us to someone at a considerable distance. I later found out that there is an excellent specialist 5 minutes away which he neglected to mention. His office isn't particularly clean. I don't think I will continue to be part of this practice. I would prefer going to a practice that is warm, welcoming and friendly.

November 26th, 2013

Parent

I had an awful experience with this horrible man. I had my son's 9 month appt yesterday. The first thing he did when he walked into the room was make a rude comment about how I spelled my son's name. Then he called him a her (clearly did not read the chart). Then he goes on to tell me that he is too fat and that he is surprised that none of the other pediatricians told me that. He basically called my husband and I fat and was completely judging my son based on how we look. My son is a big boy but he is not fat. He is 25 lbs and 30 inches long. He didn't even take into account his height. He told me that I am giving him too much formula and that I need to cut in half. He said that if I give him less formula he will be hungry and want to eat more "food". My son has 32 oz of formula a day and he said he should only be having 16 oz!!! That is ludicrous. He barely examined him. The extent of asking me about him meeting his milestones was him saying "I assume he is reaching and grabbing for things". When I said what types of finger food he should be eating he told me cheerios and teething biscuits. And then when I said that I am a first time mom and could he give me some suggestions of what he should be eating ( I meant real food...not snacks) he goes "I just told you...cheerios and teething biscuits". He was so rude!!! He spent a total of about 7 minutes with us. All the other pediatricians in that office have spent like a half hour with me answering any questions I had and actually observing my son. He did none of that. And then when he was leaving I said that I wanted to get the flu shot for my son. Well like 10 minutes later a nurse comes in and asks what we were waiting for (not rudely) and I told her for the flu shot and she said he never even wrote it on the chart or told them that we wanted it. This man is awful!!!

May 8th, 2013

Love him I think he's great!

October 18th, 2010

Took my son in (almost 11yrs) because I was concerned about his weight. Dr. Namerow walks into the room, looks at my son, and says "You're fat, I have to call it like I see it and you're fat." Who says that to a developmentally delayed pre-teen?!? He then leaves to take a phone call in the middle of the appointment. Comes back, hands me a pamphlet, tells me that my son should only eat 1400 calories a day (recommended for that age is 2600, cutting that many calories is insane), that I should lock up our fridge and all food in the house (great way to create later eating issues), looks at me (I tend toward skinny) and says "And you should eat what he doesn't." and then walks out! The whole reason I went is because my son DOES eat a good diet (no soda or juice, whole grains, low-fat) but he never even let me get in enough words to say that. I was one of his first patients almost 30 years ago. My kids have gone since birth. I will now NEVER go back!

May 29th, 2010

Dr. Namerow is a smart, experienced doctor. He cares about his patients but doesn't have the best bedside manner.

February 19th, 2008

Arrogant doc - talks down to you

Dr. Namerow was very full of himself and makes a point of noting he's the doctor and you are just the parent. I always try and see someone else in the practice but for some reason, end up with him. He did my daughter's 5 year check-up and I was ready to wring his neck him by the end. He looked at my daughter's teeth and then asked me if I ever breastfed her to sleep, and when I answered in the affirmative, he walked over, heartily shook my hand and congratulated me on permanently ruining my daughter's teeth. When my daughter didn't do wonderfully on her gross motor test, he said "oh, I see neither you or your husband are athletic". He seems like a very knowledgable guy, but there are lots of smart doctors out there that don't make cutting remarks. I like the practice he's at - just can't stand him. Cheery disposition, but very cutting.

April 15th, 2015