Dr. David Navorska DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Lenoir City, TN

September 8th, 2015
Dr. Navorska is awesome probably the best doctor. However, his staff is awful. Kim in particular is extremely rude to anyone and everyone who unfortunately has to call to set up an appointment. She is the reason I feel unwelcome going to see my primary care physician who I have seen for over ten years.

July 12th, 2015
Compassionate Caring Knowledgable Doctor
Dr. Navorska has been my family Doctor for over 15 years. He truly cares about his patients and takes time to listen, thus the long wait to see him. Once in your room he spends however short or long it takes for managing your health issue. Feel as though he treats you like he would a family member, compassionate and caring. Dr Navorska will not hesitate to send you to a specialist if he can't properly treat you, no big Doctor Ego, wants to see his patients as healthy as he can. In this day of big medical corporation dictating our doctors practice as a profit first- patients needs second Dr. Navorska patients still come first in his approach to caring for his patients. I will say not as a negative but positive, he will tell it like it is no sugar coating answers, which i find refreshing knowing his goal is for keeping his patients active and healthy. Would recommend Dr. Navorksa for one needing a wonderful family doctor.

April 6th, 2015
Overbooked, seems to be profit not patients matters
Dr. Navorksa is a good doctor, but over the years it is more about the profit than the patients care. Wait time is long, if you are 10 minutes late you are not seen that day. So over booked expect 2 hours in office minimum. When he comes into exam room, be prepared because he stays the minimum time with you and his answers will be flip it answers first, no need to think about what he says. May bewitching to another MD soon, giving him one more office visit.

October 1st, 2013
great caring doctor
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Navorska for years. He is the best doctor I have ever been to. He is direct and kind. He shows respect to his patients as well as great concern for over their care. We have referred Dr. Navorska to several of our friends and they love him too.

September 24th, 2013
Great Doctor in LC
I have been with Dr. Navorska for about 10 years and am thankful for his level of persistence and care. For those of you that don't understand what a DO is, as opposed to an MD, I would suggest that you educate yourself. What you won't find with him is dishonesty or in many cases sugar-coating. Some people may be put off by his directness for those behaviors he finds unhealthy, such as smoking, obesity, addiction, etc. What you will find, as I did, is that he will work with you to overcome such issues if you are willing. Not many doctors I have experienced have demonstrated care to put you on the right path to living and having a healthy life. He won't just give you medication or drugs just because you ask, but will work with you to help determine the best path forward. He easily referred me to specialists when anything became necessary. He knows his limitations. I also understand that doctors are not miracle workers and for any doctor to take the time to research and do their best by their patients is a great attribute. There is a great deal even the best specialist cannot determine, therefore medicine is at many time a process of elimination. The office staff works very well together and followed him from his previous employer to Tennova. That says a great deal about a doctor to have a team that loves what they do and is appreciated. He proudly talks about their strengths and values their contribution to his success.

August 9th, 2013
Wouldn't even take my pet to him.
I have no confidence in his medical opinion. He almost never had answers to my questions and had to pull out medical texts. I am not sure what he learned in school. Please note he is not a medical doctor. He is a D.O. He also does not supoort breast feeding and tried encouraging me to stop. By the way, I didn't ask for his opinion on the subject. He also tries to be a Jack of many trades and attempts to treat specialties in his pracitce. Very hard to get referral. Went to an endocrinologist, finally and got results that conflicted from his. You know what they say, Jack of many trades, master of none.

June 10th, 2012
I just moved to TN and I don't think I could have found a better person or Doctor. He cares about his patients. He is just Awesome!

January 8th, 2012
Concerned and Thorough
Had previously been told that my joint aches were fibromyalgia and was given a bunch of Lyrica and Cymbalta which made me feel worse. Dr Dave listened to my story carefully, though he asked so many questions it was almost annoying. When he was done examining me he did some blood work which revealed that I have Rheumatoid arthritis, so he sent me to a specialist, that put me on medications which also makes me feel wierd, but at least I don't hurt nearly as much. He made sure I got better.

June 27th, 2011
Does not need to practice medicine
I took my father to Dr. Navorska for fever extreme fatigue, and joint pain. He had been experiencing these symptoms for 4 days. The "dr." sent him for blood work and a chest x-ray. No medicine...NOTHING! He said tp come back in 6 days. My father called back 2 days later (Friday) to tell them he was no better. The nurse said go to the emergancy room if you get worse. So...he woke up Saturday morning with a rash. They gave a diagnosis and an antibiotic and kept him in the hospital overnight. The nest day he woke up with a bad rash and swelling. We went back to Navorska and he sent him home and said to keep taking the antibiotic. Instead of going home we went to the emergancy room again. This time it was an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. Navorska said it wasn't. Basically, he could have died.

May 23rd, 2011
Dr. Navorska Rocks!
Dr. Navorska is awsome! He treats his patients with honest caring and concern. I believe he challenges himself to make the correct diagnosis, and he shows a genuine interest in treating the patient as a whole, rather than a symptom. He has been my doctor for two years now, and he has become a great friend. He will explain what you are going through and take the time to make sure you understand. I am confident is his knowledge of medicine and i know he will not give up on finding the correct diagnosis!