Dr. David Newell Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. David Newell?

Botched MVD, MRSA and Double-Booked Surgeries

Posted on October 17th, 2017

Dr. Performed MVD surgery. He cut a surprisingly large 5-6 inch incision. Three weeks later, I developed and infection which turned out to be MRSA. Dr Newell, Puneet Gupta and my care team ignored the infection. Wound deteriorated and opened to point we could see surgical parWe asked them to culture it. They did not. Infection ate most of my tissue behind ear down my neck and damaged other nerves. Turns out he had other surgeries at the same time as mine. Ruined my life and I live life of pain. Asked Hospital to provide Dr Newell’s schedule and surgical minutes as it is unknown whether Dr Newell performed surgery or parts of surgery. Asked them to provide Dr Newell’s time in and out of surgery. Hospital conveniently does not keep those records.

Posted on August 24th, 2017

Dr. Newell is an excellent surgeon. I am grateful to have had him do my surgery. I had a brain aneurysm and was entrusted with a highly skilled surgeon. I am grateful for his skilled and blessed hands. No physician is God but they do the best they can.

Dr. NEWELL Churn and burn surgion

Posted on May 26th, 2017

Newell is part of the Swedish Cherry Hill Neuroscience scandle. He was the chief. Newell and others are under investigation. I have a wrong outcome failed C 3/4 fusion, C 6/7 has not fused either. I'm going to sue. I'm not sure if he did the surgery, there is a pattern of doctors doing multiple surgeries at same time, having their assistant do the work. Newell was removed from his position, I don't know where he went. Steer clear of him.

Posted on April 5th, 2017

outstanding surgeon

Posted on February 24th, 2017

Surgery has left me with serious disabilities.

Poor Reviews are VANISHING! Not a true rating system here folks!

Posted on November 11th, 2016

I have noticed poor reviews being removed from from these patient rating sites. Of course one was mine, but I have also noticed others as I do read many. There are many out there wondering about Dr. Newell's sudden departure from Swedish. I, as a patient he crippled in surgery feel it's important for you to know the character of this man. While many of his works should be praised, he is not without flaws as with all of us. However; as a physician and world renowned surgeon, he is held to a higher standard. The Co-Founder of the Cerebrovascular Institute of Swedish Hospital was arrested (look his name up in the King county jail registry) for Sexual Explotation which is essentially solicition for prostituation. He was caught in a sting operation at a "massage parlor." A bit of career suicide. However, looks like Swedish has done a good job as with his attorneys and others who are removing poor reviews and protecting not only his image, but the image of the hospital. I WALKED into the second stage of surgery (smashed L-1, T12-L1 fushion w/ Corpectomy and cage) mid-April and am just starting to walk with a walker and still use a wheelchair for longer distances. He spent less than ten minutes speaking to me about why I woke up and couldn't feel my leg from the hip down and only move my toe when in the hospital for over three weeks. Out of my second/third opinion, rehab doc, PT's, PCP, friends dad who is a neurosurgeon Dr. Newell is the only one who said "things are fine, you'll be 100%." I can't WALK, lift my leg, MY ENTIRE LIFE HAS CHANGED. All other providers have relayed my prognosis is guarded and while I've made great progress from where I was, I will probably never be 100%. You're a narcissist.

Best Dr. Ever

Posted on October 27th, 2016

Listens, answers questions. I was so lucky to have been his patient. He did an excellent job on a difficult area c4 c5. Relieved pressure on my nerve and spinal cord. I was able to work an additional 10 years after surgery. Where is he now, I hope he is doing well.

He saved me & I want the truth re: his departure

Posted on October 11th, 2016

I got a one page letter today with the Swedish saying Dr. Newell had simply left and the hospital was introducing/describing existing or new surgeons so patients can be transferred. Where has he gone to, why is he leaving and why is Swedish being secretive? I am Dr. Newell's patient and I want to know the truth about his departure.

Posted on July 20th, 2016

Best in the state!

Posted on April 17th, 2015

great surgeon. I am up and walking already.

Posted on February 8th, 2015

Wow! Love love love Dr. D. He is amazing!!! Kind, loving and very attentive. Totally would recommend him! He's the best!!!

excellent doctor

Posted on February 18th, 2014

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Newell. I went to the Swedish Hospital office. The staff was professional and very friendly. The Dr. diagnosed my problem on the first visit. He knew I needed brain surgery and performed it expertly. I no longer suffer from a debilitating condition. He gave me my life back! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. DAVID NEWELL!