Dr. David Oday MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 28th, 2015
Horrible Bedside Manner
Please read this review before you commit to using this surgeon for your lasik surgery. I decided that I was going to start a new chapter and get Lasik. I made the appt and was told the fee and how quickly I could be scheduled. I was super excited w the idea of not wearing glasses n contacts EVER. To accommodate the surgery, I paid for room nearby as post opp was the next morning. I was 2nd to last person being worked on when I heard LOUD uncomfortable discussion btwn the MD( Dr. A.) and surgeon- Dr. Oday. Dr O'day then left in a huff leaving several ppl in the waiting room. The front office mgr blamed it on faulty equipment coupled with fatigue. This is your eyesight PPL, if you aren't comfy with the attending surgeon -- don't do it. The young lady in front of me, waited 4 hrs and still nothing. She had the privilege of hearing Dr O'day complain about how long a day he had and driving in from Charleston that afternoon. I left after I told mgmt. that 1- I expected a full refund with consideration for hotel and missing work 2- I did not want Dr. O'day performing my surgery . I was told I would receive call with more dates and a choice of another surgeon. One wk later, I am calling daily only to be told this, that and the 3rd. I finally got a refund but what about my hotel stay , calling off work and so on- this whole affair cost me upwards of $400????? Unprofessional, horrible bedside manner and complete waste of my time. Not to mention, I had my heart set on this surgery bc I had been wearing glasses n contacts for 28 yrs! PS they now refuse to send over my evaluation to any other center. Word to the wise........stay away..if it doesn't feel right don't do it...regardless of the price. This place and this surgeon has no respect for his clients and the idea that this is LIFE ALTERING SURGERY. The least he can do is be polite and put the patients mind to ease..you are being paid to work.

January 15th, 2014
Bad Results- Beware
Dr O'Day did my surgery on both eyes some years ago. I had glaucoma at the time and he didn't catch it. Also thinned my cornea past the limit of good results with a second procedure. I am now with poor vision with as a direct results of his work.

December 7th, 2013
Artist
Think very carefully about this man's ethics before allowing him anywhere near you w/a scalpel or laser. Unbeknownst to me, at the time of my Lasek and subsequent CK surgery, DR O 'Day had already noted that I had Fuch's dystrophy, class 4. Although it is well documented that patient's w/ this disorder are not candidates for Lasek or CK, he chose not to inform me, and went ahead w/the procedures. Now, 10 yrs later, having JUST learned of the dystrophy, I am confronting cornea transplants, & I have learned that the Lasek & CK have created a degree of difficulty to this procedure, and may compromise the results. Do not assume this doc has your best interests in mind. It's all about the $$$$$.

November 12th, 2012
Highly Recommend this Physician
Thanks to Dr. O'Day and his expertise, for the first time in my life, I no longer wear corrective lenses of any kind. The staff and physician are both caring & professional. I did have a wait one day while Dr. O'Day performed an emergency surgery.....I do not find this a negative as had I been the patient in need of emergency treatment I would want him to put me as a top priority. I have referred a couple of friends to him & they have been as pleased as I am. I travel almost 4 hours to be treated by Dr. O'Day & consider it well worth the time & travel expense involved.

June 13th, 2012
Great doctor
Dr O'Day diagnosed my eye problem accurately when three other doctors before him couldn't . He explained everything to me, and his treatment was spot on! He's extremely caring and an excellent physician.

July 5th, 2011
Great eye doctor
Dr O'Day is one of the best eye doctors I have ever seen.