Dr. David Cook Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Cook?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 2nd, 2015

Worst Experience Ever!

If this website would let me, there would be no stars! I have never had such a rude doctor in all my life!! He seemed very rushed and uncaring. I was really shocked by how I was treated. He made me feel very uncomfortable during the exam. I have true anxeities about exams in my private areas due to past abuse. I explained that to him and he showed no concern for me at all. In fact, just the opposite. He was not gentle and treated me like I was nothing. I left in tears. Never have I felt so upset by a doctor!!

July 17th, 2014

Great Visit

I would recommend Dr. Cook and his staff to anyone! I was going thru a very difficult time and Dr. Cook and his staff were there to listen and answer every single question my wife and I had. We had many questions to answer and Dr. Cook showed great compassion while answering our questions even though the results and answers weren't the greatest. He was very straight forward with the findings, the results of my tests and a game plan to move forward. I greatly appreciated his honesty and candor while giving my some of the toughest news I have had to hear in my life.

July 20th, 2013

I am a surgeon with prostate cancer and had wide open choice for surgeon and hospital for robotic prostatectomy. Along with several other local physician friends similarly afflicted, after researching options in NC as well as NYC, Mayo, Baltimore and Atlanta, decided to go with Cook and Medical Park Hospital. The most compelling factor was operating nurses' observations that Dr. Cook is cool and methotical in the OR, keeps himself out of trouble and when unexpected happens (as it inevitably does in surgery), he reasons his way through it. After a night in the hospital, I was back in the office on POD 3, saw patients on POD 7, cath out on POD8 and immediately was able to stop urine flow mid stream. Little need for pads; pad-free by three weeks. Post op PSA is 0.02. While my course cannot be generalized, I attribute it to being in excellent shape, one month of pre op kegels, and Cook's confidence and attention to detail in the OR.

May 23rd, 2013

Give him a chance

My husband has been going to Dr. Cook for years with kidney stones. YES, he is a busy man, give him a chance. He has been very helpful to my husband and I would recommend him to anyone in my family. He is a trusted Doctor and has performed lithotripsy and surgery on my husband several times. He also has been very sympathetic to me. You just have to talk to him and give him a chance. If I every had any problems I would recommend him and we always request him when my husband is having kidney stones.

January 31st, 2013

A real jerk! Rude and arrogant, showed no empathy, completely uncaring and unkind, acted annoyed with any questions....in a hurry to get me out of the office. I can't speak for his surgical skills...maybe he's great and that's why they keep him, but he has terrible bedside manner.

August 25th, 2012

He calls himself a doctor.

Specializes in urology cancer?????? He certainly doesn't specialize in diagnosing urology cancer. He contributed greatly to my husband's death. Stage IV yet there were timely follow ups over a 13-year period for frequent urination, but Cook never ordered the proper scans to find the cancer early.... Also he has horrible bedside manner and an inflated ego.Quite a jerk.

July 2nd, 2012

Doctor needs a class in bedside manners.

I have had two visits with Dr. Cook. He spent less than 5 minutes with me during each visit. His bedside manner is rude, and I felt he was uncaring. I got the feeling he did a quick read on my chart and proceeded to diagnosis and plan his interventions before he even took the time to assess me. Actually he didn't even assess me. He made the comment that because I reside in a small town my option was to see him or the crazy urologist who practices in my hometown. It's pretty sad when a patient prefers to stay at home and suffer with kidney stone passage rather than see the urologist.

October 28th, 2011

arrogant and condescending in his interaction with us. he should not be allowed to practice. he failed to diagnose my husband's kidney cancer before it was too late.

May 16th, 2011

I would not recommend Dr. Cook

This was the single worst visit we have ever had. I have never been talked to like Dr. Cook spoke to my wife and I. He would roll his eyes when my wife would answer his questions. He looked like he was mad at the world and took it out on my wife and I. My wife is pregnancy and he had her in tears. We brought all the information we had for the hospital, and other Drs for his reference. He never one time looked at what any other Drs had written about my wife. He said that our Drs has no clue what they were talking about and they was stupid. He would ask my wife questions like where do you hurt at and when she would tell him he would say that pain is not consistent. After about 40 minutes or being spoke to like a dog I decided to get my thing and my wife and leave. That was the first and only Drs office that I have gotten up and walked out of. I would not recommend anyone to see him. We found a great Dr in Charlotte by the name of Dr. Kirkland at Urology Specialist of Charlotte NC and I would higher recommend him. Please dont waste your time on Dr Cook. We asked for a refund and they have never given us one. They said they would but the place is full of nothing but lies.

February 12th, 2011

Went to Dr. Collins as a result of wanting a second opinion. I'm glad I went to him

October 14th, 2010

rude and profane

November 8th, 2008

Rude and poor bedside manner