Urologists
Carolina Urological Assoc Pa
140 Kimel Park Dr
Winston Salem, NC 27103
336-245-2100
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Great Visit  |  show details
by Andy Scott on Jul 17th, 2014

I would recommend Dr. Cook and his staff to anyone! I was going thru a very difficult time and Dr. Cook and his staff were there to listen and answer every single question my wife and I had. We had many questions to answer and Dr. Cook showed great compassion while answering our questions even though the results and answers weren't the greatest. He was very straight forward with the findings, the results of my tests and a game plan to move forward. I greatly appreciated his honesty and candor while giving my some of the toughest news I have had to hear in my life.

Jul 20th, 2013

I am a surgeon with prostate cancer and had wide open choice for surgeon and hospital for robotic prostatectomy. Along with several other local physician friends similarly afflicted, after researching options in NC as well as NYC, Mayo, Baltimore and Atlanta, decided to go with Cook and Medical Park Hospital. The most compelling factor was operating nurses' observations that Dr. Cook is cool and methotical in the OR, keeps himself out of trouble and when unexpected happens (as it inevitably does in surgery), he reasons his way through it. After a night in the hospital, I was back in the office on POD 3, saw patients on POD 7, cath out on POD8 and immediately was able to stop urine flow mid stream. Little need for pads; pad-free by three weeks. Post op PSA is 0.02. While my course cannot be generalized, I attribute it to being in excellent shape, one month of pre op kegels, and Cook's confidence and attention to detail in the OR.

|  Give him a chance  |  show details
by coosue on May 23rd, 2013

My husband has been going to Dr. Cook for years with kidney stones. YES, he is a busy man, give him a chance. He has been very helpful to my husband and I would recommend him to anyone in my family. He is a trusted Doctor and has performed lithotripsy and surgery on my husband several times. He also has been very sympathetic to me. You just have to talk to him and give him a chance. If I every had any problems I would recommend him and we always request him when my husband is having kidney stones.

Jan 31st, 2013

A real jerk! Rude and arrogant, showed no empathy, completely uncaring and unkind, acted annoyed with any questions....in a hurry to get me out of the office. I can't speak for his surgical skills...maybe he's great and that's why they keep him, but he has terrible bedside manner.

|  He calls himself a doctor.  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

Specializes in urology cancer?????? He certainly doesn't specialize in diagnosing urology cancer. He contributed greatly to my husband's death. Stage IV yet there were timely follow ups over a 13-year period for frequent urination, but Cook never ordered the proper scans to find the cancer early.... Also he has horrible bedside manner and an inflated ego.Quite a jerk.

|  Doctor needs a class in bedside manners.  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

I have had two visits with Dr. Cook. He spent less than 5 minutes with me during each visit. His bedside manner is rude, and I felt he was uncaring. I got the feeling he did a quick read on my chart and proceeded to diagnosis and plan his interventions before he even took the time to assess me. Actually he didn't even assess me. He made the comment that because I reside in a small town my option was to see him or the crazy urologist who practices in my hometown. It's pretty sad when a patient prefers to stay at home and suffer with kidney stone passage rather than see the urologist.

Oct 28th, 2011

arrogant and condescending in his interaction with us. he should not be allowed to practice. he failed to diagnose my husband's kidney cancer before it was too late.

|  I would not recommend Dr. Cook  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

This was the single worst visit we have ever had. I have never been talked to like Dr. Cook spoke to my wife and I. He would roll his eyes when my wife would answer his questions. He looked like he was mad at the world and took it out on my wife and I. My wife is pregnancy and he had her in tears. We brought all the information we had for the hospital, and other Drs for his reference. He never one time looked at what any other Drs had written about my wife. He said that our Drs has no clue what they were talking about and they was stupid. He would ask my wife questions like where do you hurt at and when she would tell him he would say that pain is not consistent. After about 40 minutes or being spoke to like a dog I decided to get my thing and my wife and leave. That was the first and only Drs office that I have gotten up and walked out of. I would not recommend anyone to see him. We found a great Dr in Charlotte by the name of Dr. Kirkland at Urology Specialist of Charlotte NC and I would higher recommend him. Please dont waste your time on Dr Cook. We asked for a refund and they have never given us one. They said they would but the place is full of nothing but lies.

Mar 11th, 2011

He is an arrogant jerk! His negligence in diagnosing my husband's cancer caused his death.

Feb 12th, 2011

Went to Dr. Collins as a result of wanting a second opinion. I'm glad I went to him

|  Excellent Surgeon!  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2011

Highly recommended for medical care and treatment of urology / renal problems.