Dr. David Thayer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 6th, 2015
Director Sales
One of the best doctors I've had. Very thorough and takes the time to educate. A plus with an easy to use patient portal.

December 17th, 2014
Dr. Thayer
It was my first visit, came to talk about hormone replacement. I was nervous about seeing a male doctor, but I was very pleasantly surprised at his easy bedside manner and his progressive views on HRT. He was running a little late and loves to talk. I wish there had been a little more time for me to ask questions. His medical assistant came in at the end of the appt as a reminder that he needs to wrap up and move along. I have a follow up next month.

November 9th, 2013
Great doctor
Dr. Thayer is a wonderful physician. He was recommended to me by a friend when I was having all sorts of hormonal issues. He took the time to straighten everything out and now I am feeling great. I appreciate his kindness, the time spent with me and his knowledge regarding women's issues. DEFINATELY recommend Dr. Thayer!!

July 7th, 2013
Best doctor on Denver!!!
I have known and seen Dr. Thayer for 25 years for all my gynecological needs and the delivery of my 3 children. He is a caring doctor who has accurately diagnosed every problem I have ever had. I have actually given up my primary care doctor because Dr, Thayer was the one who diagnosed a problem I had that the primary refused to test for. I have sent many friends and colleagues to Dr. Thayer and they all have the same opinion that I have.....he is a wonderful, knowledgeable, caring doctor, one in a million!!!!

June 4th, 2013
Never had an on time appointment with this doctor. Left my blood iron levels at dangerously low levels for years though I complained about hair loss, numbness in arms, blue nail beds, passing out and had three miscarriages. His response was always "take more iron". He had one nurse practitioner I really liked and one I didn't as she had checked her text messages during an exam. When I complained to the office manager she said "it didn't happen". Officer manager also sometimes brought in a puppy she had just got for a while. While I really like dogs, I thought it was inappropriate and a bit unsanitary in the setting. Usually left me waiting for 30 minutes or more. Finally ended up in ER with my crit at 4.25-about 20% of the blood I was supposed to have. This two weeks after being given the ok by Thayer and his colleagues. Thayer is a very bad doctor. I always liked his manner and thought he was a gentle person, but after my experiences with him, I'd say it's a facade. Trusting this doctor could cost you your life. I have a permanent heart murmur because he left me so dangerously anemic for so long. Not to mention that I never could have carried a baby with my iron being so low. As far as I'm concerned, he's responsible not only for my heart murmur, but the lost lives of my children as well. This guy is bad.

January 20th, 2013
Dr. Thayer is the best doctor I have ever had. He listens, he cares and he definately knows about women's health. Recommend highly to anyone looking for a good gynecologist

October 19th, 2011
Best physician in Boulder
Dr. Thayer is a kind, intelligent and wonderful physician. His understanding of women's problems is better than any physician I have ever had experience with. He takes time with his patients, makes you feel comfortable, and is always on the cutting edge of new technology. I have full faith in him not only as a gynecologist, but as a diagnostian for other problems as well. The best physician in Boulder.