Dr. David Ondrula MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Barrington, IL

January 8th, 2017
Surgery for Darlene D.
Dr. David Ondrula, MD is a Superior Specialist in his field. He made me feel extremely comfortable about the surgery I needed. He reassured me that everything will be fine and it was. I truthfully could not have had a better Dr. for the type of surgery that was necessary for me.

May 7th, 2014
best
I am glad that i found the right dr.dr ondrulla gave me second life. He is compassionate and kind. I cant thank enough for providing me better quality life without colostomy bag after 7 years. I am enjoying my positive life. Thank you from my family

May 15th, 2013
Wonderful surgeon, great bedside manner
Friendly and kind surgeon who spent time answering my questions. Bedside manner in hospital was excellent, but he seems rushed in his office probably due to the extremely disorganized staff. He has a calming presence and is willing to patiently explain procedures. Gall bladder removal went very smoothly.

June 11th, 2012
Fantastic Results & Post Operative Support
Treated Wife for colon cancer & removed Gall Bladder as result of annual follow-up. I had my Gall Bladder also removed by him - great support, his HAL process meant only a short stay and accurate results. Can't believe more surgeons aren't using this procedure, and some still 'open you up' to do these surgeries.

June 6th, 2012
best dr !!!
Dr Ondrula saved my life, i'm going on 11 years of being cancer free, i cannot say enough good things about him, awesome, awesome person !!!!!

April 16th, 2012
Steer Clear !!!
Steer clear of this guy. He is surgery happy and messed up mine causing me to go back in 4 hours after I came out. Also his diagnosis and they way he went about correcting my problem was dead wrong as stated by other surgeons I have gone to since. He is a cowboy of surgeons with horrible bedside manner. Keep in mind all surgeons are jerks and wont give you the time of day but this guy takes the cake. If you are looking to get your problem explained to you and the method that he will go about correcting it good luck with getting a direct answer. Its all exploratory and he wont know till he gets inside. Of course you are stuck because you need it done. Just be careful who you pick if you even get an opportunity to decide.

January 4th, 2011
Great Doctor
Outstanding Doctor, Kind, Caring and Professional. Bed side manner = 10!!!!

December 27th, 2010
Wasted $4,000 and came out worse
I had 5 surgeries in a 3 months with Dr. Ondrula. After all of it, and tremendous expense to me, I was worse than when I started. Also, not once did he ever follow up and check on me. Since then I went to another ACRS surgeon. After just 1 surgery, the problem was fixed. My new surgeon even said Dr. Ondrula did not know what he was doing. Well, he did not put it like that, but it was similar.

December 16th, 2009
NO COMUNICATION
Changed the surgery time and did not askor let us know, The hospital called to tell us the time now is that right,My Husband and I are not sure do youTrust some one like that If we had to depend on some one to bring us to the hospital and home we would be in troubleKNow is it the Doctor or the Nurse?