Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Gertraud R. Boxall on May 6th, 2016

Having experienced Two different types of hip surgeries, the Traditional (Conventional) and the Anterior Supine Intramuscular Hip Replacement, I would highly recommend the Anterior Surgery that Dr. Ott performs at the O.A.S.I.S. Hospital. I found the recovery time from the Anterior Surgery was substantially reduced compared to the Traditional Hip replacement I experienced several years ago. Dr. David Ott and his staff are the best. I highly recommend him for all Orthopedic Surgeries.

Total Hip Replacement show details Total Hip Replacement
by Ray P on Mar 2nd, 2016

Dr. Ott and his staff demonstrated courtesy and professionalism throughout my experience with his office, including scheduling, the original consultation, scheduling my surgery, and post surgery followup. I would recommend him highly.

Dr. David M. Ott, Anterior Hip Replacement show details Dr. David M. Ott, Anterior Hip Replacement
by Daryl Abraham on Feb 10th, 2016

Dr. Ott was professional, courteous and personable. He took the time to explain my condition and treatment and answer all my questions; it is very apparent that he truly cares for his patients and enjoys his work in helping them get their health back so they can again enjoy an active lifestyle. His office staff and nurses were very helpful, courteous and professional; it's refreshing and encouraging to have a doctor and his staff who really care about their patients .

by D. Dise on Feb 6th, 2016

Dr. Ott performed anterior hip replacement for me and I agree with all the 5 star reviews of him,his PA Chris Rubio, office staff and Oasis Hospital experience. I was up walking the same day and am now pain free and looking forward to getting back to my active lifestyle after only 2 weeks. I am glad I took the time to find this excellent surgeon and have told my friends not to worry when they need a new hip we have excellent care right here in Phoenix.

by Keith on Dec 14th, 2015

Dr David Ott and Chris were amazing! Very easy to schedule with and very personable. My replaced hip is functioning excellently and I will definitely be seeing them again in the near future to replace the other one! (Sooner than later....)

by Nancy Edwards on Nov 9th, 2015

I came to Dr. Ott with a variety of symptoms which did not seem to indicate a hip problem. Dr. Ott said that the hip WAS the problem and we set up an operation to replace it. I do not have any of the symptoms any longer and can hike, walk and outlast most people my age (any many much younger). The hip is in terrific shape.

Great experience show details Great experience
by John Blankenship on Nov 9th, 2015

Dr. Ott and his staff were fabulous when I had to have a total knee replacement. They kept me informed of every step I needed to take and were extremely helpful in getting all of the pre op and post op completed. We were traveling when I decided it was time to have the knee replaced and Dr. Ott's staff worked with us long distance so we could be ready to go when we got home. We had a wonderful experience (if you can call surgery wonderful). I have already recommended Dr. Ott to several people.

anterior hip replacement show details anterior hip replacement
by Debbie Korbelik on Sep 29th, 2015

I've had both of my hips replaced by Dr. Ott. He is very efficient in every way. Through a recommendation from a friend, I chose Dr. Ott, & of which I am extremely pleased with my decision. The surgery was over quickly, along with the recovery period. I was walking without a cane or a walker at 1 1/2 weeks. Golfed three rounds of golf at 5 weeks. Can't beat that!

Sep 11th, 2015

Great doctor and staff. Recovery time minimal.

Sep 9th, 2015

I'm a physician myself and therefore acutely aware of what it takes to rate 5 stars in all categories. Dr. Ott is knowledgeable, compassionate, and an excellent orthopedist. I had a total knee replacement and while the recovery from such surgery is not really a walk in the park, my recovery was without incident and progress was much faster and easier than anyone else that I've known who has had this particular surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Ott and staff.

Posteriior vs Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery show details Posteriior vs Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery
by Bill Matteucci on Jul 13th, 2015

Hip Replacement. I am 73 years of age. I had my first one done (Posterior). I just had the Anterior procedure done by Dr Ott. WOW, what a difference. I was walking a short distance the same day of the operation, using a walker, INCREDIBLE!! A little discomfort but NO real pain. By the end of the first week I was walking with a cane about 1.5 blocks. With my Posterior procedure it was approx 2 month total non-weight bearing and a lot of pain in healing. I can't believe the difference in procedures. Especially the recuperation time and experience. Can't say enough about Dr Ott and his entire staff. A wonderful experience! You at least owe it to yourself & your family to have a visit with Dr David Ott even if it's just a preliminary or second opinion appointment. They even have a class prior to your surgery that explains what is to be expected etc. What a relief it was for my wife as the first surgery (Posterior) wasn't a pleasant experience. The hospital "Oasis" is an experience in itself. Nothing like a regular hospital. The Oasis is all elective surgery patients so no one is there because they are sick. What a difference!!

by Debbie Breecher on Jun 10th, 2015

Excellent care! Excellent results!

Mar 8th, 2015

Wonderful Doctor and skilled surgeon. Best decision I made was to go ahead with surgery.

by Cheryl Rizk on Feb 23rd, 2015

Extremely professional. Instills confidence in the patient. Staff is a reflection of the doctor. PA is exceptional.

Retired Airline Pilot show details Retired Airline Pilot
by J McEwen on Feb 21st, 2015

Excellent surgeon. Great demeanor, professional, takes time to answer all questions. Highly recommend Dr Ott.

Jan 14th, 2015

Dr. Ott is the best in my book!

Jan 9th, 2015

Professional, recommends medically necessary procedures only, caring, spending time explaining. Great medical assistant too!

Jan 7th, 2015

Skilled, no nonsense surgeon. I would highly recommend him for hip replacement surgery.

by Hector C. on Nov 13th, 2014

Honest, no nonsense and direct communication. Answered all my questions to my satisfaction. Excellent outcome with total hip replacement.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Oct 21st, 2014

After not getting the help I needed from 3 other doctors meeting with Dr. Ott was a breath of fresh air. He knew how to address my issue immediately and I am now pain free and have my life back!

Great Skill Great Experience show details Great Skill Great Experience
by Jan D Leahy on May 20th, 2014

Dr. Ott 's skill and caring attitude for his patients is above excellent. He is very approachable to all questions and concerns. My total hip replacement was a total success and to be pain free gave me back my life in a short time of less than 6 weeks . The hospital stay at OASIS hospital was a true example of Patient satisfaction in every area from skilled nursing , therapy, caring Doctors pleasant surroundings and great food! Having major surgery and major satisfaction from Dr. Ott and the hospital stay needs to be shared.

Unwilling to take responsibility for his surgical mistakes. show details Unwilling to take responsibility for his surgical mistakes.
by Dennis O'Brien on Apr 16th, 2014

In May 2012, I underwent a total knee replacement of my right knee performed by Dr. Ott. Shortly after surgery, I developed excessive edema in the knee and an infection. I was readmitted to the hospital and Dr. Ott performed a second surgery to remove the excessive blood that was causing the edema and to treat the infection. During the ensuing year and a half the knee did not heal properly. I saw him several times to voice my concerns that there was something wrong. Dr. Ott took x-rays and told me it was fine; that it would take time to heal. I told him that the pain was constant and that I could not use my leg or leg muscles without serious pain. He continued to tell me that nothing was wrong with his surgical procedure. On my final visit to see him in the fall of 2013, he told me that my knee was as good as it would ever be and that I would have to adapt to it. I told him that it was much worse than it had been before surgery. He made a flippant remark that the prosthesis he installed was too big for my leg. In February, 2014, after several months of trying to get another orthopedic surgeon to see me, I was able to obtain an appointment with a well known orthopedic surgeon in Phoenix and one of the few who will accept patients for possible revision surgery. He took x-rays of my knee and immediately identified a serious problem with my patella; loose bodies and what he described as a "bad cut" of the patella. The abnormalities were apparent even to me, once they were pointed out. I am now being scheduled for arthroscopic surgery of my knee with the possibility of revision surgery of my patella. Dr. Ott, HAD to see these abnormalities in the x-rays he took on several occasions after my surgery, but he refused to admit it, take responsibility for them or offer to correct the problem. Now I face at least arthroscopic surgery and possibly a major surgery to try to correct Dr. Ott's errors...for which I HAVE TO BEAR THE EXPENSE.

hip replacement patient show details hip replacement patient
Feb 25th, 2014

Yes I surgery that Dr. Ott does. He did my hip replacement in 2006 and 2014

Dr Ott is a World Class Surgeon show details Dr Ott is a World Class Surgeon
Aug 4th, 2012

First of all I don't understand why some people mark a Doctor down for wait time. If the Doctor is great he spends more time with each patient if needed. When he is seeing you , your time with him is important; you don't want him to run you out because he is trying to keep a schedule. Dr Ott is busy because he is a genius, he is worth waiting for.I had a total hip replacement, I went home the next day, I was walking around the house with no assistance less then 36 hours after surgery. Never used a walker again. I saw Dr Ott for a follow up 10 days later, I was doing great. On the 13th day I started swimming laps in the pool, feeling like I got my life back. No more limping or pain, even sleeping on my surgical side like I have not been able to do in 3 years. It is now 3.5 weeks and I have almost forgot about the surgery, I feel like a new man.I have regained complete flexibility, I can touch my toes and put on my own shoe again.It feels like a miracle! I had my other hip replaced 10 years prior using the old invasive technology, I know the difference is astounding. My recovery is about 30% of the time it took for the old surgery. Don't let anyone convince you that Anterior Hip Replacement is not the way to go. Not even 4 weeks now< I have 95% of my feeling back in my leg and complete mobility once again. Getting stronger each day now....amazing Doctor.Thank You Dr Ott!

Jul 8th, 2012

While I believe that Dr. Ott is a good surgeon my experience with his concern regarding my total knee health and recovery was poor. He stated it was not necessary to do strengthening exercises pre or post op or have PT. That felt counter intuitive at the time and my experience has validated that feeling. It is now 7 weeks post-op and my knee remains swollen and stiff esp. on the lateral side where I have a hematoma which is becoming fibrous(diagnosed by a physical therapist I consulted with on my own) I have sought outside help after following Dr. Ott's rec. of wrapping the knee to prevent further swelling and take Ibuprofen. My left leg became very weak although is improving with the exercises prescribed by the PT. I have also had acupuncture, massage and ultrasound to reduce the inflammation and aid healing. To sum up I have had more disability and put the rest of my knee health at risk due to incomplete care. It was pretty much have the surgery, elevate with ice for 48 hours and then exercise to tolerance. I am 66 years old and also have chrondromalacia, and arthritis in the knee with the torn meniscus as well as scoleosis of the spine which causes more weight on the affected knee. I believe that Dr. Ott's approach is a one size fits all pre and post op and that certainly did not work for me. All patients deserve individualized care.

Dr. Ott gave me my life back.......... show details Dr. Ott gave me my life back..........
Jun 13th, 2012

Dr. Ott is an angel on earth. He has given life back to this 62-year-old woman by replacing both of my hips that were severely damaged by arthritis. I had no idea this could be done for me. He explained what he would do and what to expect very clearly and both operations were perfomred six weeks apart and came out beautifully. I am now standing two inches taller and walking with no problem. My new hips just glide. The world is at my fingertips to enjoy again. Thank you so very much, Dr. Ott.

Patricia Juarez show details Patricia Juarez
May 25th, 2012

Dr. Ott incredibly smart. As a surgeon, he is @the perfect age, old enough to have done these surgeries thousands of times, young enough to have great hands, eyes, and surgical technique.I knew him as a resident, he stood out from the pack even then. He reassured me the surgery I had was very routine and no cause for distress. A family man, he has his mind on his work and appears very centered. It is rare, but he is still married to his longtime spouse. That says something about who is doing your operation. He is an excellent doctor. Very caring. Go see him for ortho!

May 22nd, 2009

DR. DAVID OTT IS THE BEST!!HE HAS TAKEN CARE OF ME FOR5 YEARS,AND ALWAYS BEENCARING

May 8th, 2009

I love David and the attention he gives me and all his pateints.