Surgeons
690 N Cofco Center Ct
Ste 290
Phoenix, AZ 85008
602-631-3161
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Skill Great Experience  |  show details
by Jan D Leahy on May 20th, 2014

Dr. Ott 's skill and caring attitude for his patients is above excellent. He is very approachable to all questions and concerns. My total hip replacement was a total success and to be pain free gave me back my life in a short time of less than 6 weeks . The hospital stay at OASIS hospital was a true example of Patient satisfaction in every area from skilled nursing , therapy, caring Doctors pleasant surroundings and great food! Having major surgery and major satisfaction from Dr. Ott and the hospital stay needs to be shared.

|  Unwilling to take responsibility for his surgical mistakes.  |  show details
by Dennis O'Brien on Apr 16th, 2014

In May 2012, I underwent a total knee replacement of my right knee performed by Dr. Ott. Shortly after surgery, I developed excessive edema in the knee and an infection. I was readmitted to the hospital and Dr. Ott performed a second surgery to remove the excessive blood that was causing the edema and to treat the infection. During the ensuing year and a half the knee did not heal properly. I saw him several times to voice my concerns that there was something wrong. Dr. Ott took x-rays and told me it was fine; that it would take time to heal. I told him that the pain was constant and that I could not use my leg or leg muscles without serious pain. He continued to tell me that nothing was wrong with his surgical procedure. On my final visit to see him in the fall of 2013, he told me that my knee was as good as it would ever be and that I would have to adapt to it. I told him that it was much worse than it had been before surgery. He made a flippant remark that the prosthesis he installed was too big for my leg. In February, 2014, after several months of trying to get another orthopedic surgeon to see me, I was able to obtain an appointment with a well known orthopedic surgeon in Phoenix and one of the few who will accept patients for possible revision surgery. He took x-rays of my knee and immediately identified a serious problem with my patella; loose bodies and what he described as a "bad cut" of the patella. The abnormalities were apparent even to me, once they were pointed out. I am now being scheduled for arthroscopic surgery of my knee with the possibility of revision surgery of my patella. Dr. Ott, HAD to see these abnormalities in the x-rays he took on several occasions after my surgery, but he refused to admit it, take responsibility for them or offer to correct the problem. Now I face at least arthroscopic surgery and possibly a major surgery to try to correct Dr. Ott's errors...for which I HAVE TO BEAR THE EXPENSE.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Nancy S. Butitta on Mar 22nd, 2014

I had total left hip replacement in March, 2009. In February, 2014, I had total right hip replacement. I was totally at ease the second time, because of the confidence I have in Dr. Ott. He has always made me and my family very comfortable explaining all aspects of the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Ott. He's very professional and courteous. He also has great bedside manner.

|  hip replacement patient  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2014

Yes I surgery that Dr. Ott does. He did my hip replacement in 2006 and 2014

Sep 30th, 2012

Not as good as his partner

|  Dr Ott is a World Class Surgeon  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2012

First of all I don't understand why some people mark a Doctor down for wait time. If the Doctor is great he spends more time with each patient if needed. When he is seeing you , your time with him is important; you don't want him to run you out because he is trying to keep a schedule. Dr Ott is busy because he is a genius, he is worth waiting for.I had a total hip replacement, I went home the next day, I was walking around the house with no assistance less then 36 hours after surgery. Never used a walker again. I saw Dr Ott for a follow up 10 days later, I was doing great. On the 13th day I started swimming laps in the pool, feeling like I got my life back. No more limping or pain, even sleeping on my surgical side like I have not been able to do in 3 years. It is now 3.5 weeks and I have almost forgot about the surgery, I feel like a new man.I have regained complete flexibility, I can touch my toes and put on my own shoe again.It feels like a miracle! I had my other hip replaced 10 years prior using the old invasive technology, I know the difference is astounding. My recovery is about 30% of the time it took for the old surgery. Don't let anyone convince you that Anterior Hip Replacement is not the way to go. Not even 4 weeks now< I have 95% of my feeling back in my leg and complete mobility once again. Getting stronger each day now....amazing Doctor.Thank You Dr Ott!

Jul 8th, 2012

While I believe that Dr. Ott is a good surgeon my experience with his concern regarding my total knee health and recovery was poor. He stated it was not necessary to do strengthening exercises pre or post op or have PT. That felt counter intuitive at the time and my experience has validated that feeling. It is now 7 weeks post-op and my knee remains swollen and stiff esp. on the lateral side where I have a hematoma which is becoming fibrous(diagnosed by a physical therapist I consulted with on my own) I have sought outside help after following Dr. Ott's rec. of wrapping the knee to prevent further swelling and take Ibuprofen. My left leg became very weak although is improving with the exercises prescribed by the PT. I have also had acupuncture, massage and ultrasound to reduce the inflammation and aid healing. To sum up I have had more disability and put the rest of my knee health at risk due to incomplete care. It was pretty much have the surgery, elevate with ice for 48 hours and then exercise to tolerance. I am 66 years old and also have chrondromalacia, and arthritis in the knee with the torn meniscus as well as scoleosis of the spine which causes more weight on the affected knee. I believe that Dr. Ott's approach is a one size fits all pre and post op and that certainly did not work for me. All patients deserve individualized care.

|  Dr. Ott gave me my life back..........  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

Dr. Ott is an angel on earth. He has given life back to this 62-year-old woman by replacing both of my hips that were severely damaged by arthritis. I had no idea this could be done for me. He explained what he would do and what to expect very clearly and both operations were perfomred six weeks apart and came out beautifully. I am now standing two inches taller and walking with no problem. My new hips just glide. The world is at my fingertips to enjoy again. Thank you so very much, Dr. Ott.

|  Patricia Juarez  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

Dr. Ott incredibly smart. As a surgeon, he is @the perfect age, old enough to have done these surgeries thousands of times, young enough to have great hands, eyes, and surgical technique.I knew him as a resident, he stood out from the pack even then. He reassured me the surgery I had was very routine and no cause for distress. A family man, he has his mind on his work and appears very centered. It is rare, but he is still married to his longtime spouse. That says something about who is doing your operation. He is an excellent doctor. Very caring. Go see him for ortho!

May 22nd, 2009

DR. DAVID OTT IS THE BEST!!HE HAS TAKEN CARE OF ME FOR5 YEARS,AND ALWAYS BEENCARING

May 8th, 2009

I love David and the attention he gives me and all his pateints.