Dr. David Fritz MD Patient Reviews

• 6 reviews

no change

March 31st, 2016
Beware
Doctor Fritz did a fusion for me at L5:S1 about 6 years ago. I felt he did a very good job. However, a year later I began having problems at L4:L5. After my first discectomy I was in more pain than I had been before the procedure. After another MRI it showed the problem was still there and another discectomy was scheduled. When they went in they found the disc still bulging and a facet joint broken. My pain never went away and another MRI was done. I was told by his assistant Monica, that the MRI showed nothing. Two months later when I finally got in to see doctor Fritz because of continued pain I found out that there was indeed something on that MRI, and it was prominent enough that another MRI did not need to be performed prior to surgery. I told Dr. Fritz of my issue with his assistant and was basically told to deal with it. I was also told that she would be the one checking in on me after my surgery. The day of my surgery my discectomy was scheduled for 8:30AM. I was not discharged from the hospital until 6:30 that evening because NO ONE from his office ever came in to check on me. After hours of asking if I could be discharged the nurse finally called to get the okay to send me home. I will NEVER go to that office again!

March 3rd, 2014
Workers Comp
Don't expect to be treated as a patient if you have Workers Comp anywhere in your chart. Two visits with the doctor and if I would have provided my health insurance I'm 99.9% positive I would have been treated like a human. Comments from this doctor "if I was told I had to do nothing but deal with Work Comp, I'd quit". There was nothing but rude comments from him and very unprofessional treatment. There is no way I would recommend him to anyone. Getting an appointment took 3 months for the initial consult; two weeks later an MRI and 6 weeks after that, told there was nothing he was willing to do.

July 10th, 2013
Compassionate - Friendly - Knowledgeable!
Dr. Fritz is one of the best neurosurgeon's in terms of bedside manner, time spent, promptness, and just all around reassuring you. He is very knowledgeable and I would recommend him to anyone in this area. He has a very calm personality and just wants to make sure that he is as thorough as possible for you. A very professional and detail oriented individual that was much appreciated. He is a blessing.

March 16th, 2012
I would highly recommend this neurosurgeon!

December 24th, 2011
patient - so far so good
With the exception of an accurate diagnosis, the above questions are largely irrelevant - they do not address the surgeon's skill or technique. This is next to impossible for patients to know. Three different people in the Topeka medical community vouched for David's skill as a surgeon. Based on consultations with five neuro's, my personal impression is that compared to his "peers", David's attention to detail is above average. My one quibble is that there was no post-surgical follow-up. I would go out of my way to seek his services should the need arise.

June 30th, 2010
must have a referral
I tried to make an appointment this morning and was told I can't make one directly. My insurance does not require a referral however Dr. Fritz policy is referrals through other Drs. only!