Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

3.0

Caring and professional doctor show details Caring and professional doctor
Feb 18th, 2015

Dr. Parmer removed my son's wisdom teeth. He thoroughly explained the procedure and fortunately my son did very well after the surgery. He takes the time to listen. He even followed with a phone call after the procedure. I was very impressed. His office staff makes you feel at ease and they are friendly.

Love Dr. P show details Love Dr. P
by Willow jackson on Jan 14th, 2015

He is a super nice guy and very thorough in his work. Not only a good surgeon but a good doctor as well. Would recommend him for anything.

Good Doc, Bad Staff show details Good Doc, Bad Staff
Apr 30th, 2014

I had been seeing Dr. Parmer for a few years in preparation for my upper jaw surgery. However, just before the surgery date, he switched the hospital to one that was not covered by my insurance provider. The reason his office manager Becky gave for the switch was that "the lady at the other hospital is an idiot". He would not let me change the hospital to one that was covered. So I set up an appointment with Dr. Parmer's assistant surgeon, Dr. John Phillips, just to see if he could perform the surgery at a different hospital and have Dr. Parmer as an assistant (or whatever other options he might recommend). Within 15 minutes of setting up the appointment with Dr. Phillips, Becky from Dr. Parmer's office called me and told me my surgery was cancelled due to "a lack of trust". She would not tell me the real reason, which was that someone at Dr. Phillips's office had told her that I had set up an appointment with them. This is a clear HIPAA violation. I believe that Dr. Parmer knows what he's doing, but his office manager, Becky, clearly does not. I had plenty of other problems with her (she will not return phone calls, she gives inaccurate information that conflicts with Dr. Parmer's information, etc.). For this reason, I cannot recommend Dr. Parmer.

Will not return show details Will not return
Aug 6th, 2012

I went to the Keller/Ft. Worth office with my 13 yr. old daughter for a lesion on her tongue that wouldn't heal. The dental assistants were so unprofessional, they whispered and laughed in the doorway while we were trying to discuss the biopsy for her. My daughter thought they were laughing at her. We were there 2 hours for the appointment that took 3 weeks to get for a returning patient. We had been there once before. They wanted to schedule an 800.00 biopsy since they weren't sure what it was. I said "No thanks." We will go elsewhere.

Do not use this doctor show details Do not use this doctor
Aug 26th, 2010

We had a horrible experience with Dr. Parmer. Go somewher else!

Great oral surgeon show details Great oral surgeon
Jan 29th, 2010

He's very kind and answers all questions. He puts you at ease even if you are nervous.

Aug 24th, 2009

Suregeon still wires mouths shut, and cannot give a definate answer. "Will be determined during surgery"